Most Wanted Upcoming Games

chilicheeseburger
Just now, apm said:

their last games (risen 1 and 2) were broken af too.

I intended to play thru the Risen series but I got stuck in Risen 1 at some point due to a PhysX glitch. Can't climb up anywhere and when I jump down from somewhere high it goes in some sort of weird animation loop. 9_9 It's probably a compatibility issue though because the game is quite old now and I guess it worked at some point. Still a shame though cause I really liked the game. 

3 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Completely forgot about ELEX! I looked at some gameplay footage on YouTube and while the graphics look a bit outdated, it still has that typical Piranha Bytes spirit gameplay-wise. Are you a fan of their older games as well?

Gothic 1 and 2 (and its expansion) are a couple of my favourite games of all time. I didn't really get into Risen... it seemed like a re-tread of Gothic 1 and 2 scenarios, while not being as interesting. And the animations in that game were total crap. A lot of people still like it, though, and I'm glad PB pushed through making another game after Gothic 3. I'm sure they were in big trouble financially at that point, and made Risen on a shoestring budget.

I've played through most of Risen 2 a couple of times, but never been able to finish it. It has gorgeous environments, and some nice music, but the player models are ugly, and the English translation is filled with inconsequential rambling.

From what I've heard, Risen 3 is a big improvement over Risen 2. I haven't played that one yet, though.

What happened with Gothic 3 is a big shame. If only PB had just made G3 in the style of G1 and G2, and not rushed the release... then things would have gone a lot differently for them.

RB talked about the possibility of a remake of Gothic on the 'World of' forums years ago. That's something I'd love to see happen.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987