NEW SEASON OF MYTHBUSTERS CONFIRMED!!!

King_of_Oz

Ok.

Remember MythBusters from way back in 2016? Most people (including me) had an ADDICTION TO THE SHOW. If was legendary (6ish Emmy  nominations, also one of the oldest and most popular discovery shows.), and everyone was really sad when Adam and Jamie announced the final season. Well good news.

Adam Savage has announced a new season, coming November 15 2017! (Right around my birthday!) It will be hosted by two new hosts (Jonathan Lung and Brian Louden). Adam has confirmed (get it? Myth Confirmed??) that he and Jamie will not intervine or participate in the show, but still! THIS IS AWSOME!!!

http://deadline.com/2017/07/science-channel-mythbusters-return-date-mysteries-of-the-missing-series-hosted-terry-oquinn-tca-1202136003/

Science Channel has set a fall premiere date for the return of Mythbusters. The 14-episode new season will debut on Wednesday, November 15 at 9 PM with a new team at the helm, the network announced today during its session at TCA summer press tour. Mythbusters: The Search alums Brian Louden and Jon Lung will be featured on the new season where they will build and execute new experiments involving rocket powered swords, exploding gas tanks, airbag disasters and more.

Thoughts? (I am freakin’ ecstatic)

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

So the finale episode was a complete waste of time?  

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I'm gonna remain skeptic, because I feel like it could honestly be a cash grab to the name 'mythbusters' with other people.

Mythbusters without Jamie and Adam.. And likely without Kari, Grant and Tory? This is like a show with the same premise, but with way different people and with a show so driven around the people's character: it will feel different.

But we'll see!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well they did make a show called "Mythbusters: the search" where they were looking for new hosts in an elimination kind of thing where people competed against each others busting myths in various ways and the ones that succeeded, continued on while the ones that failed, got kicked out.

I'm assuming the two new hosts are the ones that won that series? 

Edit: Yup that's it

https://www.cnet.com/news/new-mythbusters-hosts-crowned/
We knew a new season was confirmed long ago honestly... There wouldn't be a point to searching for new hosts if they weren't making a new season.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

So the finale episode was a complete waste of time?  

Nope. Not the original hosts, which IMO, made the show what it was.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I agree with you my sir/Miss

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I'm gonna remain skeptic, because I feel like it could honestly be a cash grab to the name 'mythbusters' with other people.

Mythbusters without Jamie and Adam.. And likely without Kari, Grant and Tory? This is like a show with the same premise, but with way different people and with a show so driven around the people's character: it will feel different.

But we'll see!

I don't think it would be a 'cash grab' I'm guessing the same production team will be behind it and they will possibly still film it at M5 Industries. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

Just now, BlueCrazii said:

I agree with you my sir/Miss

Honestly, I have no issue with the new show (yet), but I also see no reason to be excited yet either. I also think there should be a distinction between the Jamie and Adam Mythbustersand this new one.

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I don't think it would be a 'cash grab' I'm guessing the same production team will be behind it and they will possibly still film it at M5 Industries. 

Jamie owns the building. It's likely that he won't just let the new team use it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Yeah but still you can't say something is going to end forever and then make it return in only like 2 years. It would have been nice to have a message on the end of Adam and Jamie's finale episode saying 'may return in the future' or something like that. 

زندگی از چراغ

Mythbusters without Adam and Jamie is just not Mythbusters to me. In recent years I've even been skipping past the parts with Grant, Tory & Kari and effectively only watching half the show, because for some reason those 3 just seemed to half-ass their way thru everything. So, to me at least, this new season sounds about as exciting as wet socks.

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Jamie owns the building. It's likely that he won't just let the new team use it.

It's a part of the Mythbusters brand image if you get what I mean, if it was going to be filmed at another location then I'm sure they wouldn't call the show 'Mythbusters'. 

زندگی از چراغ

15 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

It's a part of the Mythbusters brand image if you get what I mean, if it was going to be filmed at another location then I'm sure they wouldn't call the show 'Mythbusters'. 

So are:

Jamie

Adam

Buster

Grant

Tory

Kari

And yet, here we are.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Because relaunching a popular show with a completely different cast but still using the same name went so well for Top Gear

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

its gonna be like is gender just male and female MYTH shit i bet lolololol

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

With them bringing back Mythbuster's it seems to me similar to what Science channel did. They have/had the show "How it's made". After a couple seasons they introduced "How do they do it". Both these shows are literally the exact same thing with different narrators.

4 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

It will be hosted by two new hosts (Jonathan Lung and Brian Louden). Adam has confirmed (get it? Myth Confirmed??) that he and Jamie will not intervine or participate in the show

giphy.webp

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

Remember MythBusters from way back in 2016?

2016? That has been around way longer than that bud.

Mythbusters returning without Jamie and Adam is like The Beatles getting back together but using five different musicians to do so.

23 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Mythbusters returning without Jamie and Adam is like The Beatles getting back together but using five different musicians to do so.

We have those, they're called cover bands :D

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

I never watched the show, but why would they start fresh with a new time so shortly after the end of the show?

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I never watched the show, but why would they start fresh with a new time so shortly after the end of the show?

Money.  It was hands down one of Discovery Communications most profitable programs 

19 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

2016? That has been around way longer than that bud.

But it ended in 2017

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

21 hours ago, CopperniX said:

With them bringing back Mythbuster's it seems to me similar to what Science channel did. They have/had the show "How it's made". After a couple seasons they introduced "How do they do it". Both these shows are literally the exact same thing with different narrators.

Well, those shows are different. How It's Made shows things like factories and shops. How twinkies and screwdrivers are made, etc. How do they do it? focuses on some big stuff. Cars, ships, buildings, handmade stuff. How do they do it? has had some pretty How it's Made episodes, though.

I used to be quite active here.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:18 PM, Minibois said:

But we'll see!

In other words, top gear? :D 

Without hamster, Cpt. Slow and Jezza, it will never be the same...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

If the had the other cast members back i'd still watch it, i really liked Kari, Tory and Grant.