What should I pack a motherboard in for RMA?

packing peanuts.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

PGA or LGA?
If the latter (mostly Intel boards) you will need the socket cover. 

But for either: preferably an antistatic bag, and than maybe some protection (like bubble wrap) and than toss it in a box, depending on what the RMA requires from you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

packing potato chips. The board might be allergic to peanuts ;-)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You sure the original packaging isn't a necessity?

I've had to RMA an ASUS board and they required orginal packaging including socket cover, so make sure you check the details from the supplier. I know it's a pain but if necessary you may have to buy a box or a socket cover on ebay or something.

Anti-static bag around the board, bubble wrap around the anti-static bag and packing peanuts or foam packed tight to keep the board from moving to the edge of the package and taking any impact.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

PGA or LGA?
If the latter (mostly Intel boards) you will need the socket cover. 

But for either: preferably an antistatic bag, and than maybe some protection (like bubble wrap) and than toss it in a box, depending on what the RMA requires from you.

LGA I believe, I have the socket cover, need to get an anti-static bag.

5 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

You sure the original packaging isn't a necessity?

I've had to RMA an ASUS board and they required orginal packaging including socket cover, so make sure you check the details from the supplier.

Anti-static bag around the board, bubble wrap around the anti-static bag and packing peanuts or foam packed tight to keep the board from moving to the edge of the package and taking any impact.

They didn't specify that I needed the original packaging. Its Gigabyte by the way.