Australias broken NBN promise in lead up to 2013 election

The big wombat

not news format

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, The big wombat said:

Old news, although it is sad that its 2017 and we're still facing the same issues. They're cutting costs by reducing the diameter of the main cable itself and only running to the node with copper the rest of the way, which is back to square one. Our network speeds are getting shat on by New Zealand, they're probably sat down in their Gigabit homes laughing at the pathetic joke the NBN is.

No chance this is going on the WAN show though, not big enough news. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

UM, a 1 year old news article about a 4 year old deadline that has been amended several times and gone through 2 federal elections is hardly news.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, another random person said:

No chance this is going on the WAN show though, not big enough news. 

It's not even news really, the original completion date was 2021 and even that was up for debate at the time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

26 minutes ago, FriendlyNonMurderingSort said:

I refuse to believe this is accidental. 

Only 2 posts...

This account was made solely for the purpose of shitposting. He is deliberately making low quality posts under the pretense of ignorance. 

What an absolute joke. 

I really want to know what is his main account. 

Magical Pineapples

48 minutes ago, FriendlyNonMurderingSort said:

I refuse to believe this is accidental. 

Only 2 posts...

This account was made solely for the purpose of shitposting. He is deliberately making low quality posts under the pretense of ignorance. 

What an absolute joke. 

22 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

I really want to know what is his main account. 

Whilst it's not unusual for someone to create an account for the purposes of posting something with another agenda, it seems a bit baffling that he chose this particular article to post. Especially given the large number of more aggressive articles that are out there (It's not hard to find articles lambasting any party or company when the NBN is involved).    

I think this person may just be new to tech forums and wants to jump in the deep end first.

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Whilst it's not unusual for someone to create an account for the purposes of posting something with another agenda, it seems a bit baffling that he chose this particular article to post. Especially given the large number of more aggressive articles that are out there (It's not hard to find articles lambasting any party or company when the NBN is involved).    

I think this person may just be new to tech forums and wants to jump in the deep end first.

Yea, a simple google search would have yield the lastest related article about how NBN is shit.

I mean i haven't have issues regarding low speed during peak hours anymore, I did before but i called up TPG a few month back to tell them it their fault and seem to be fix the following week. I have collected around 2 weeks of data and show them they haven't purchase enough CVC or their hardware issues(congestion), due to low results during peak hours but during day it completely fine with expected speeds. 

Magical Pineapples

2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Yea, a simple google search would have yield the lastest related article about how NBN is shit.

I mean i haven't have issues regarding low speed during peak hours anymore, I did before but i called up TPG a few month back to tell them it their fault and seem to be fix the following week. I have collected around 2 weeks of data and show them they haven't purchase enough CVC or their hardware issues(congestion), due to low results during peak hours but during day it completely fine with expected speeds. 

We are starting to see a lot of this,   I hope it doesn't take too long to find out if the problem is overpriced CVC or just ISP's being stingy in order to be competitive.   The good news is that it points to issues with the way the system is running and not actually technical issues with the hardware (which means it can be fixed with words and not more hardware).

Post doesn't meet news section guidelines and is very old anyway so I'll be locking this.