Best way to connect 3x Fans to Molex Power

Hey there,

What would you recommend to connect 3x 3 Pin Fans (NF-A12X15 FLX) to a single Molex Power Connector? Or if you have any other ideas of how to easily connect 3 fans to power, please share. :) Thanks!!!

My Planned Cooling Setup:

3x Fixed RPM (Case Fans)

2x PWM (AIO Corsair Firmware Controlled)

There are splitters for that purpose. You could also just solder on them wires. (not 100% sure, but I think the yellow one wasn't needed, just the red and black ones) 3 fans on a single molex isn't a problem.

3 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

There are splitters for that purpose. You could also just solder on them wires. (not 100% sure, but I think the yellow one wasn't needed, just the red and black ones) 3 fans on a single molex isn't a problem.

Thx! If you wouldn't mind, could you recommend a quality splitter?

You are going to use a molex to pwm converter splitter. Those wires are tiny/small. There isn't really a brand I would recommend, because it's all so simple... You can't really go wrong, since you are just powering them up at full speed anyways. (because of molex)

The only thing I would recommend... Those Molex splitters are usually junk from the factory. You can easily push out them pins. No matter the brand. Best solution for that is: hotglue. I've used Molex plugs (males and females) for custom wireing, and always dropped in a few dots of hotglue, and it makes dreams come true. (unless you are using Intel, which will melt off the glue again)

Neatest would be to buy a fan controller.

Second neatest would be to buy one of those adapter cables which converts one fan to 2-3 fan connectors. Example: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423163&cm_re=fan_splitter_cable-_-12-423-163-_-Product

Then plug single fan plug in MB or buy molex to fan adapter, for example : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423171&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=molex_to_3_pin_fan_adapter-_-12-423-171-_-Product

Next neatest... add molex connectors to each fan .. ex buy molex female to sata male adapters or molex female to 2x molex male and cut the sata/molex male plug and connect the 12v and gnd wires to the molex female connector.

Lots of other solutions just think about it.

29 minutes ago, Oceanwave said:

to connect 3x 3 Pin Fans (NF-A12X15 FLX) to a single Molex Power Connector

How about a molex to 3 fan header connector....?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020