Intel Q2 earnings.

AnonymousGuy
2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

The forum has been bashing intel for so long, blue camp is now out in full force

So much salt 

I dunno, Red Camps been holding ground in this. Blue Camp is getting really emotional.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

30 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Average selling price is a big deal for revenue.  You don't pay the bills selling $100 chips to a handful of budget enthusiasts, especially when they're relatively "expensive" to produce being defeatured 8 cores instead of native 4 cores.

That's right.  You pay the bills by overcharging for products and using those consumers funds to create a "do not buy AMD products" rebate program for OEMs to the tune of tens of billions of dollars.  Then A$$ fu#k everyone as hard as possible afterwards when there's no one left to compete in your fancy lines drawn in melted dirt business.

Just now, AnonymousGuy said:

Serious?  They do, it's 20%+ of Intel's revenue.  Some of it is hard to track because networking switches and such are lumped under "Datacenter Group".

So that's why they make so much money. They lump everything together into one category. If they were to sell them separately then I bet their income wouldn't be as high as it is.

Just now, H0R53 said:

I've heard about this person...Link to profile?

Said that already.

Optane, etc.

"optane"

Its cheaper to NOT upgrade to optane if you don't have those select mobos and buy an SSD. Hell, my SSD loaded windows 7 faster than optane loaded 10.

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

You are coming across as young, naive or both. Your facts are poorly formed and you don't seem to grasp the vast difference between cpu and gpu. See my previous quote of you regarding dGpus by Intel.

I'm not saying that Intel doesn't need to research, they just need to make better iGPUS and move them to a PCI card...

nVidia makes CUDA cards, it wouldn't hurt to start doing N&D, and from what a little birdie has told me they've been doing that for about 10 years now.

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Its cheaper to NOT upgrade to optane if you don't have those select mobos and buy an SSD. Hell, my SSD loaded windows 7 faster than optane loaded 10.

Which is why I have W7 and always will have 7 past 2020.

Just now, H0R53 said:

I'm not saying that Intel doesn't need to research, they just need to make better iGPUS and move them to a PCI card...

nVidia makes CUDA cards, it wouldn't hurt to start doing N&D, and from what a little birdie has told me they've been doing that for about 10 years now.

Which is why I have W7 and always will have 7 past 2020.

I should've stayed on 7, but crossfire is better optimized on 10. Now new order won't load.

3 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

"optane"

Optane + HDD is not meant to replace an SSD or be faster than an SSD.  It's meant to be an intermediate ground between HDD and SSD in performance and cost.  Remember, you're an enthusiast.  Most people aren't.  Most people buy prebuilds from Dell and HP and shit and they see "1TB hard drive" and think "that's 5x more than 256GB ssd!".

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 minute ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

AMD and nVidia have had a huge head start over intel. I doubt they would be able to catch up any time soon if at all. It's like that children story of the tortoise and the hare. They race one another and the tortoise loses by a country mile because tortoise are slow.

If they make all that then why don't they start selling it!? They'd be making even more money! I've never seen anything from intel but CPUs.

Nothing Intel can do. And for the exact same reasons, NVidia cannot make CPU's: They would violate countless amounts of patents. 

Intel tried GPU accelerators and they failed.

Intel tried mobile processors, even giving them away for free and giving heavy anti competitive incentives to vendors, and they still failed.

Intel tried 64 bit but failed to such an extreme extent that most people don't even know about it because no one ever bought it.

Intel doesn't innovate anymore. They don't know how to. They just throw billions after whatever company #McAfee. It's really sad. AMD will take a lot of market share once APU's, especially the mobile versions will be out on the consumer share, and they will get a lot more with EPYC. AMD's economy will only get better from here. Even when Intel goes back to their illegal scumminess.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

I've heard about this person...Link to profile?

Can't even remember the name. All i can remember is that they were hardcore AMD fan. But then again, there's hardcore "blue and green" peeps here and they're no better. Mention anything hot and loud and it's instant trigger. (Intel Prescott, AMD Ref 290X, Any high end Fermi card (nvidia)) Great fun though. 

Maybe they were a troll and baited like a champion. My god, imagine that. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

If you think its that simple... You didn't know that they had pursued this in the past.

from what a little birdie has told me

LMAO If Nvidia suddenly drop a cpu on par with AMD/Intel i'll eat literal shit on a live stream. Making great gpus doesn't mean they could or should make cpus.

5 minutes ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

So that's why they make so much money. They lump everything together into one category. If they were to sell them separately then I bet their income wouldn't be as high as it is.

AMD does the same thing m'dude.  They have their CPU+GPU group, their Console Hardware group, etc.  It's part of running a diversified business.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, XenosTech said:

Yup hence why I lose faith in the tech community daily

Oh I know.

It's okay to prefer Intel or AMD.

It's okay that Intel makes more money

It's okay that AMD is profitable (no matter how little) again.

It's okay that competition is back.

It's okay (even if it's only this generation) that AMD is the better deal.

It's okay guys.

The two giants really don't care.  They know you'll buy their products anyways.  You don't need to stir bullshit to just to "prove" how your piece of silicon and color is better.  
Obviously we have reviews and such to prove that for us.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

16 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

No, they would crush both AMD and nVidia.

How?

13 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Or just license Polaris and put it on package with a Kaby Lake chip :) http://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-g-hbm2-gpu-multi-die/

I have no fucking clue why AMD would do this though.  It's like havign a smoking hot daughter and giving her to a crack head to have his way with.

Confirmed to be fake.

13 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Which is what a few people like me want.

They make iGPUs. They don't need to research for shit.

Yeah and how do their iGPUs perform?

10 minutes ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

If they make all that then why don't they start selling it!? They'd be making even more money! I've never seen anything from intel but CPUs.

Uh then you haven’t looked around much. I can almost guarantee you have non cpu intel hardware in your system right now, even if you have an amd cpu.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Optane + HDD is not meant to replace an SSD or be faster than an SSD.  It's meant to be an intermediate ground between HDD and SSD in performance and cost.  Remember, you're an enthusiast.  Most people aren't.  Most people buy prebuilds from Dell and HP and shit and they see "1TB hard drive" and think "that's 5x more than 256GB ssd!".

Its not very cost effective.

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Any high end Fermi card (nvidia))

My GTX 460 still kicks ass at 675MHz and a single 6-pin...custom blower shroud...Fermi rocked.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

LMAO If Nvidia suddenly drop a cpu on par with AMD/Intel i'll eat literal shit on a live stream. Making great gpus doesn't mean they could or should make cpus.

I think they're waiting for the AMD-Intel war to turn into a full force F9 tornado before quietly releasing something.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Everyone has been talking about making bagillion core ARM server chips for a while, but it's been pretty much vaporware / who gives a shit-ware for years.  I think Nvidia is in that boat too.

*yawn*  Thanks, Captain Obvious.  Maybe we should be comparing AMD's Q2 earnings to AMD's Q1 earnings, instead, and doing the same for Intel.  None of us really need another confirmation that Intel is doing better than AMD, as that's been going on for over 10 years.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

3 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Oh I know.

It's okay to prefer Intel or AMD.

It's okay that Intel makes more money

It's okay that AMD is profitable (no matter how little) again.

It's okay that competition is back.

It's okay (even if it's only this generation) that AMD is the better deal.

It's okay guys.

The two giants really don't care.  They know you'll buy their products anyways.  You don't need to stir bullshit to just to "prove" how your piece of silicon and color is better.  
Obviously we have reviews and such to prove that for us.

Yes have a preference but don't lick their ass like it's your last meal.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

My GTX 460 still kicks ass at 675MHz and a single 6-pin...custom blower shroud...Fermi rocked.

Get yourself a GTX 480 for the hell of it. The cooler heat soaks so much it's crazy. I've ran mine up to 105C during silly runs of FurMark. 

Such fun. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

well, duh!

AMD only stayed relevant because of the mining craze and not because of the Ryzen launch

I'm sorry that all these people who think Ryzen is even relevant exist; or that they actually believe Intel is "scared" of Ryzen - they could give less of a shit

Ryzen come and went, Intel will continue to launch new products and make technological advancement while AMD will still be playing ketchup

I also saw a few people who jumped like burned when Intel told the world Threadriper was a glued together CPU - absolutely and utterly true; AMD went and put 4 (!!!) dies on the same package; utterly laughable when you realize some of those dies aren't even working