Intel Q2 earnings.

AnonymousGuy

God dammit @AnonymousGuy you've triggered the forum. 

You can't spread good news about Intel xD 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Once Coffee Lake comes out, AMD is put back in their hole.

I don't know why any consumer would want this to happen... Competition is good. I mean do you want the price of an 8 core to go back to $1K? It's thanks to AMD that X299 is more affordable... Anyone saying "I hope Company X crushes Company Y" is incredibly shortsighted as a monopoly is really bad news for us the consumer no matter who has the monopoly.

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Ouch.

Once Coffee Lake comes out, AMD is put back in their hole.

When Volta arrives, RTG is officially dead. NVidia could enable FreeSync support with a flip of the switch and take a massive shit on the top of RTG's head for good measure.

Not looking good for AMD.

That's how I see it with my WWII analogy.

AMD's fighting a parts war with two companies, and in the end AMD is gonna fall hard.

AMD's older HD3 and 4 series cards, and their Turion X2s and all their old shit is great, but their new stuff post 2010 has seen a very large dip in quality. AMD used to rule the market from 2004 to 2009. What happened? Intel's Core iX CPUs came out with good integrated GPUs.

2 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

And AMD had created the 64 bit processor before intel did and brought it out to market while Intel tried to construct dual core processors via gluing them together. Infact, Intel licenses AMD64 still on some processors.

You're referencing Pentium D which was two single cores glue together.  It wasn't until Core (not Core2?) that they fixed that and had real dual cores.  Then AMD I think was the first to make monolithic quad cores with Phenom X4 and Hypertransport instead of using the FSB for intra-core communication (this shit is all fuzzy though since that was 9 years ago).

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Sigh I lose faith in the tech community every day.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I don't know why any consumer would want this to happen... Competition is good. I mean do you want the price of an 8 core to go back to $1K? It's thanks to AMD that X299 is more affordable... Anyone saying "I hope Company X crushes Company Y" is incredibly shortsighted as a monopoly is really bad news for us the consumer no matter who has the monopoly.

I mean hell look back at Nintendo's days with the NES and SNES. They tortured developers and were garbage to publishers because they could.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

5 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

You can graft a pear twig to an apple tree and vice versa. Try again.

Yes, it's true that you could, but then you'd be comparing an apple tree to a twig, which is even more different than an apple and a pear.

It's obvious that intel makes more money as they focus on just CPUs. Meanwhile AMD is producing CPUs AND GPUs! If intel were to get into the GPU game then they'd be losing money too.

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

God dammit @AnonymousGuy you've triggered the forum. 

You can't spread good news about Intel xD 

I don't think anyone has a problem with Intel doing well. It's just that its not news there is nothing new about it xD 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263566/intels-operating-income-since-2004/

3 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

created the 64 bit processor before intel did

Intel was working on it, but when AMD came out with it they just said "Ah, fuck it, we'll rule the market anyway".

1 minute ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

If intel were to get into the GPU game then they'd be losing money too.

No, they would crush both AMD and nVidia.

Just now, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

Yes, it's true that you could, but then you'd be comparing an apple tree to a twig, which is even more different than an apple and a pear.

It's obvious that intel makes more money as they focus on just CPUs. Meanwhile AMD is producing CPUs AND GPUs! If intel were to get into the GPU game then they'd be losing money too.

Intel makes a lot more than CPUs.  CPUs are the bread and butter but thy also have memory (NAND + XPoint), IOTG, PSG (FPGAs/Altera), modems, wireless chips, networking gear, etc.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

You're referencing Pentium D which was two single cores glue together.  It wasn't until Core (not Core2?) that they fixed that and had real dual cores.  Then AMD I think was the first to make monolithic quad cores with Phenom X4 and Hypertransport instead of using the FSB for intra-core communication (this shit is all fuzzy though since that was 9 years ago).

Your correct, AMD was the first to do it. 

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

2 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

That's a Negatory ghost rider. Intel would then lose NVidia as business and then NVidia would start making their own cpu's and then intel would start losing cash. While they have experience with CPUs, GPUs operate in a different matter, meaning they'd have to research it. That means money that is invested, in which AMD or NVidia could be like "Get outta here squiddo" and just release product after product. Money lost.

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

That's a Negatory ghost rider. Intel would then lose NVidia as business and then NVidia would start making their own cpu's and then intel would start losing cash. While they have experience with CPUs, GPUs operate in a different matter, meaning they'd have to research it.

Or just license Polaris and put it on package with a Kaby Lake chip :) http://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-g-hbm2-gpu-multi-die/

I have no fucking clue why AMD would do this though.  It's like havign a smoking hot daughter and giving her to a crack head to have his way with.

The forum has been bashing intel for so long, blue camp is now out in full force

So much salt 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I don't think anyone has a problem with Intel doing well. It's just that its not news there is nothing new about it xD 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263566/intels-operating-income-since-2004/

Someone out there has lost their shit though. 

Although they're unfortunately long banned now :( 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

AMD and nVidia have had a huge head start over intel. I doubt they would be able to catch up any time soon if at all. It's like that children story of the tortoise and the hare. They race one another and the tortoise loses by a country mile because tortoise are slow.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Intel makes a lot more than CPUs.  CPUs are the bread and butter but thy also have memory (NAND + XPoint), IOTG, PSG (FPGAs/Altera), modems, wireless chips, networking gear, etc.

If they make all that then why don't they start selling it!? They'd be making even more money! I've never seen anything from intel but CPUs.

1 minute ago, H0R53 said:

Which is what a few people like me want.

They make iGPUs. They don't need to research for shit.

Ground control to Major tom, you there? They have to. Their iGPU's aren't that good. It'd be more worth it to buy a used GPU and processor without an iGPU than to pay for an iGPU and use that. Also, iGPU's are only good in laptops, and at that point they have to be downgraded for price and for thermals.

th.jpg

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

The forum has been bashing intel for so long, blue camp is now out in full force

So much salt 

Good thing I'm eating peanuts atm... They need a lil bit of salt

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 minutes ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

If they make all that then why don't they start selling it!? They'd be making even more money! I've never seen anything from intel but CPUs.

Serious?  They do, it's 20%+ of Intel's revenue.  Some of it is hard to track because networking switches and such are lumped under "Datacenter Group".

Client Computing Group $8.2 billion up 12%
Data Center Group $4.4 billion up 9%
Internet of Things Group $720 million up 26%
Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group $874 million up 58%
Programmable Solutions Group $440 million down 5%

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Although they're unfortunately long banned now :( 

I've heard about this person...Link to profile?

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Then paste without formatting (ctrl+shift+v) or highlight it and click automatic colour in the colour selecter

Said that already.

1 minute ago, ProfessionalOverclocker said:

Optane, etc.

4 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

Which is what a few people like me want.

They make iGPUs. They don't need to research for shit.

Nvidia can't just start making cpus.

You are coming across as young, naive or both. Your facts are poorly formed and you don't seem to grasp the vast difference between cpu and gpu. See my previous quote of you regarding dGpus by Intel.