Intel Q2 earnings.

AnonymousGuy
1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Lets be clear. Q2 ended right as soon as budget cpu's launched. People are waiting for prices to go down for ryzen just a bit to buy them. They lessened the profit loss, and they were able to put more funding into their chips and were able to start investing more in the business. It was a success for them. Their shares also rose, and right now datacenters are looking to jump to naples.

Average selling price is a big deal for revenue.  You don't pay the bills selling $100 chips to a handful of budget enthusiasts, especially when they're relatively "expensive" to produce being defeatured 8 cores instead of native 4 cores.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

22 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

AMD's numbers:

• Revenue: $1.2b
  • Profit Margin: 33%
  • Net Income: -$16m

Keep in mind, this is up from $984 million with -$73 million profit in Q1 2017 (source). That's a gigantic improvement, and it's projected to continue improving. I get that you think you're making fun of AMD, but I think Lisa Su is breaking out the expensive wine.

Intel is a vastly larger company with far more diverse holdings. The two aren't even competitors in some markets. Intel's earnings mean something entirely different than AMD's.

11 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

If you've followed Ryzen threads, there's a significant population on here that think AMD can put out 1 decent product and suddenly become financially competitive again in the CPU business.  Last quarter everyone was saying "oh Ryzen just launched it hasn't had an impact yet".  Well, turns out the impact to Intel was nothing.

Right, because it's one product. If they can continue to deliver better value than Intel and make CPUs that appeal to businesses that aren't data centers (i.e., APUs that don't suck), they'll chip away at that. If Intel continues to not respond in a way that makes any kind of sense, AMD will continue to grow.

AMD has a long way to go. Everyone knows that.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

And 'Threadripper'? Who the fuck needs that many cores? The 22 core Xeons have enough power on their own, so why even bother?

Seriously, Threadripper is just 4 desktop dies glued together,

Well, obviously Intel does too, because they're trying to make more cores as well. 

What Intel and AMD have begun is a move to bring these high core count products to consumers at more reasonable price points. AMD announced Threadripper as part of its Ryzen brand at its financial analyst day, with core counts as high as 16 and thread counts of 32 thanks to SMT. Then at Computex in Taipei, Intel one-upped AMD with its intent to bring an 18-core/36-thread Skylake-X CPU to the new Core i9 lineup. Both are drastic increases over the current consumer landscape that previously capped out at 10-cores for Intel and 8-cores for AMD.

Location of quote: https://techpinions.com/amd-and-intel-race-towards-high-core-count-cpu-future/50313

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Even if AMD makes less than Intel, who cares. As long as AMD makes enough for the investment to be worthwhile and force Intel off their asses, it's good for everyone. People at AMD will still have jobs and we as consumers are given choices. I highly doubt anyone at AMD thinks they can take the crown away from Intel. 

Btw: I can see this thread getting locked, not by the clickbait title, but from the fanboy war that's already in progress.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Is AMD's slogan "just wait a few months"?  Products, drivers, revenue, optimization: everything is always just around the corner...

This was News, so now it's Intel's turn too:

At this point i'm fairly certain this is a troll xD but i'll indulge 1 more time.

1. No that's anyone's stance duh... A new product doesn't have an immediate effect and that goes for Intel too. It takes time to filter in and show up in financial data.

2. No the clue is in the name. The 1st 3 letters of news are "new" nothing here is new. Intel make a lot of money, can anyone remember a time in recent history that they didn't? Nope didn't think so therefore not news. AMD on the other hand haven't made a decent profit or had a decent product line in quite awhile. Therefore it is new and news.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Edited 6 minutes ago by @W-L
Content Title

But you didn't fix colour formatting

What?  I typed 90% of that post out and copy pasted the rest.  Sounds like this forum needs to remove night theme or dark theme or whatever if it's not even compatible with their default post formatting.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

11 minutes ago, Mihle said:

He is trolling, I hope.

Nope. I never troll.

6 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Well, obviously Intel does too, because they're trying to make more cores as well. 

Probably gonna cost $5K per CPU.

See, Intel gains profit from companies that need those 44 core CPUs at $5K a pop. How much is Threadripper? $800 to $1000. Intel knows people are still gonna buy [their xeons] no matter how high they price it.

The Quadro P6000 is basically a Titan XP wearing a pretty dress yet it costs five times as much. Because nVidia knows the people who need it will buy it.

Nobody fucking needs Threadripper, the only people who are going to buy it are enthusiasts and YouTubers.

Just now, H0R53 said:

Nobody fucking needs Threadripper, the only people who are going to buy it are enthusiasts and YouTubers.

Well then if we go by that logic, Intel's hit the ground running

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, H0R53 said:

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY MAKE SO MUCH MONEY?

BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NO COMPETITION UNTIL NOW.

Wow great click bait. But now that you bring it up yourself, how about we go on a journey in history of Intel's extreme illegal scumminess:

That being said, remember when people said AMD would be bankrupt a year ago? Two years ago? Yeah didn't happen (and never would). Good to see AMD getting back. Hopefully, they will be more aggressive in holding Intel accountable for their illegal scummy business tactics in the future. 

And to all the fanboys. Look at the pricing of 8 core/16 thread CPU's now. And HEDT CPU's now. Yeah, everything above that you've paid the last decade has been overpriced due to Intel's monopolistic market position due to their scummy illegal business practices. And you supported them. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NO COMPETITION UNTIL NOW.

There never was any, and there never will be. Do you think the Intel executive is worried about AMD taking profits?

AMD has a war on two fronts, one for CPUs with Intel and one for GPUs with nVidia. Like Germany in WWII, they are going to lose.

Now I don't know why some people here don't want AMD being competitive because in the end, it works out for the consumer, but If your comparing Intel to AMD in revenue then your essentially comparing an apple to a pear. Two totally different business styles and different sizes. The only thing they have in common is that they both compete in the CPU (and for a short time, GPU) market.

1 minute ago, Notional said:

That being said, remember when people said AMD would be bankrupt a year ago? Two years ago? Yeah didn't happen (and never would). Good to see AMD getting back. Hopefully, they will be more aggressive in holding Intel accountable for their illegal scummy business tactics in the future. 

I still would bet on AMD getting acquired by some Chinese hedge fund in the next few years.  I don't see how a company that hasn't made meaningful profit in the last 6 years has much hope being independent.

Just now, H0R53 said:

There never was any, and there never will be. Do you think the Intel executive is worried about AMD taking profits?

AMD has a war on two fronts, one for CPUs with Intel and one for GPUs with nVidia. Like Germany in WWII, they are going to lose.

They clearly are, as they lost market share to AMD and on top of that their slideshows and their sped up responses to AMD products being announced are showing there's worry that companies are going to switch over, which is true atm, as I know many companies are going to start investing in Naples because it will save them cash.

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

And to all the fanboys. Look at the pricing of 8 core/16 thread CPU's now. And HEDT CPU's now. Yeah, everything above that you've paid the last decade has been overpriced due to Intel's monopolistic market position due to their scummy illegal business practices. And you supported them. 

The enthusiasts who buy new CPUs every two months are my friends, because I get their old stuff for half of the release price.

My Xeon E3 1240 release price was $450USD.

I bought mine for $95, and you can find them for as low as $50.

2 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

comparing an apple to a pear.

You can graft a pear twig to an apple tree and vice versa. Try again.

Ouch.

Once Coffee Lake comes out, AMD is put back in their hole.

When Volta arrives, RTG is officially dead. NVidia could enable FreeSync support with a flip of the switch and take a massive shit on the top of RTG's head for good measure.

Not looking good for AMD.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, H0R53 said:

The enthusiasts who buy new CPUs every two months are my friends, because I get their old stuff for half of the release price.

My Xeon E3 1240 release price was $450USD.

I bought mine for $95, and you can find them for as low as $50.

You can graft a pear twig to an apple tree and vice versa. Try again.

And you can eat both a pear and an apple. But your suggesting now that Intel is stealing products from AMD and ideas. Nice one.

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Ouch.

Once Coffee Lake comes out, AMD is put back in their hole.

When Volta arrives, RTG is officially dead. NVidia could enable FreeSync support with a flip of the switch and take a massive shit on the top of RTG's head for good measure.

Not looking good for AMD.

AMD probably should have put more focus on getting mobile parts out the door, since Zen is being made on a low power fab process anyways.  As it stands now by the time they get in any laptops, they're competing against Cannonlake mobile parts.  Good luck with that.

Just now, H0R53 said:

Not at all, I was making a different point.

Intel's had quad-die CPUs for like 5 years now - and this is AMD's first ever.

And AMD had created the 64 bit processor before intel did and brought it out to market while Intel tried to construct dual core processors via gluing them together. Infact, Intel licenses AMD64 still on some processors.