EA is hinting at an open-world Star Wars game

TopWargamer

SW:TOR was a hideous game. The lore, the questing and dialogues were outstanding, but all the rest of the game was awful, specially the part that every 2 minutes the game is asking you for money! Unbelievable!

After that, I will never play another EA Star Wars title.

Swtor is a free to play mmo.. U can pay monthly or not at all... And still play. Its about Choice.

Id be happy with Kotor 3.. Or 1313.. Or battlefront.. Or whatever.. Do ittt.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

The day that EA Makes all our Star Wars dreams come true and does it well is the day the world ends.... I'm pretty confident I'll be alive for another 100 years :P

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Holy crap guys, I think it's Knights of the Old Republic 3!

I wish, but honestly since it's EA, I'm betting they're going to ruin it. SW:tOR was a complete disaster. I guess we'll see how Battlefront will work out, but I'm not expecting much from KotOR 3 from someone like EA.

Dear EA,

Please don't ruin Star Wars.

Sincerely,

The Entire Universe.

same should be said to Disney (although disney has a better track record)

i've actually never played a star wars video game

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

EA is probably salivating at the prospect of microtransactioning Star Wars fans to death with this game.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Swtor is a free to play mmo.. U can pay monthly or not at all... And still play. Its about Choice.

Id be happy with Kotor 3.. Or 1313.. Or battlefront.. Or whatever.. Do ittt.

Yes, but playing for free is a terrible experience. The game is pay to win, that's it.

Yes, but playing for free is a terrible experience. The game is pay to win, that's it.

Wrong.. There is nothing pay yo win about swtor. Totally wrong. You can pay for customisations.. That's all.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Id like open world star wars lego. with customization and stuffs.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Ya, but it's EA, so it will be on Origin only and it will have micro transactions, always online, etc.

Make no mistake, they WILL find a way to ruin this.

There's nothing wrong with Origin, not many of their games have micro transactions, and the only games (that I've noticed) that are online only are BF because of battlelog.

Dear EA,

Please make Knights Of The Old Republic 3 but without the "suck" into it. Also, please keep the same combat system. I liked KOTOR 2 because of what you can do in the game and how it affected your surroundings. Krea and Adon were my favorite characters of the game. DO NOT make it into a mistake of turning it into a MMO game.

Sincerely, Kyle

Let's hope they have better game design than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=hSK9opVBTwU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhSK9opVBTwU

Who needs star world open world game when you can have Destiny?

that wasn't a question.

Wrong.. There is nothing pay yo win about swtor. Totally wrong. You can pay for customisations.. That's all.

I played the game very recently. The only way to get several characters, unlock max level (and thanks to that also the latest gear), more than 1 profession, make your followers do more stuff, learn skills at early levels, access secondary quest places, get experience boosts, and better travel and mobility around the universe, is by paying dollars. You can for free do some of this staff, but it requires an overwhelming huge grind, and you are never able to unlock all things.

I created the account and played the game because some friends of mine, are pretty hardcore SW:TOR players. And they explained lot's of this stuff to me, how to get the latest stuff without paying, but also, that there are a lot of important things that are only avaiable to those with a credit card.

I have SWTOR wiki links to probe what I'm saying, maybe you played the game a couple of months ago, before this big changes.

I played the game very recently. The only way to get several characters, unlock max level (and thanks to that also the latest gear), more than 1 profession, make your followers do more stuff, learn skills at early levels, access secondary quest places, get experience boosts, and better travel and mobility around the universe, is by paying dollars. You can for free do some of this staff, but it requires an overwhelming huge grind, and you are never able to unlock all things.

I created the account and played the game because some friends of mine, are pretty hardcore SW:TOR players. And they explained lot's of this stuff to me, how to get the latest stuff without paying, but also, that there are a lot of important things that are only avaiable to those with a credit card.

I have SWTOR wiki links to probe what I'm saying, maybe you played the game a couple of months ago, before this big changes.

Ive played since launch, bro. I still do. Pay to win is Diablo 3 .. Where u literally PAY for items with your credit card. Swtor is not pay to win. If you pay a subscription, like Wow you can get access to everything, but the items are not given to you.. You still need to EARN them.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Ive played since launch, bro. I still do. Pay to win is Diablo 3 .. Where u literally PAY for items with your credit card. Swtor is not pay to win. If you pay a subscription, like Wow you can get access to everything, but the items are not given to you.. You still need to EARN them.

All game where real money can give you an advantage agains other player is a pay 2 win game. I can level up on SWTOR, get my gear, and a guy that payed got further than me, on gear and level, and he beats me. This is still pay to win.

The game has beautiful lore and questing. But money is a factor, and screens popping out all the time to make you pay are not nice, it feels like adds on youtube.

All game where real money can give you an advantage agains other player is a pay 2 win game. I can level up on SWTOR, get my gear, and a guy that payed got further than me, on gear and level, and he beats me. This is still pay to win.

The game has beautiful lore and questing. But money is a factor, and screens popping out all the time to make you pay are not nice, it feels like adds on youtube.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Have you ever played World of Warcraft?  Its basically a clone of WoW.  Real money doesn't give you an advantage in Swtor.  Wow has expansions too you know...

Enough about SWTOR tho... im keen to see what happens with this new game.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Dear EA,

Please don't ruin Star Wars.

Sincerely,

The Entire Universe.

Dear EA,

Please don't copy Chris Roberts.

Sincerely,

All gamers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014