EA is hinting at an open-world Star Wars game

TopWargamer

http://kotaku.com/thats-no-moon-thats-a-possible-open-world-star-wars-1472612003?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

A team at EA Canada is working on an open-world Star Wars title, according to several recent job postings for the studio.

An animation director job posting from last month reveals that EA Canada has a Star Wars team developing "a major new next gen open world action game." That does not appear to be a typo: while tweeting a link to a combat designer posting for a mysterious open-world title in September, the studio's then-recruiter said the unnamed game was indeed a Star Wars project.

>Open-world Star Wars games

Holy crap guys, I think it's Knights of the Old Republic 3!

vwMin.gif

COMIC SANS

Like Star Citizen? or more of the single-player aspect?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

No idea. All we know is that they're making an open-world Star Wars game. That's it. I'd imagine that it would be a single world game and not another Star Wars MMO, because SWTOR came out a couple years ago. I know that game pretty much sucks and all, but it's too soon for another Star Wars MMO.

COMIC SANS

Dear EA,

Please don't ruin Star Wars.

Sincerely,

The Entire Universe.

And that one galaxy far, far away.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

i wont mind that :3 then again Servers will probs be fucked for the first month lol

Character artist in the Games industry.

No idea. All we know is that they're making an open-world Star Wars game. That's it. I'd imagine that it would be a single world game and not another Star Wars MMO, because SWTOR came out a couple years ago. I know that game pretty much sucks and all, but it's too soon for another Star Wars MMO.

MMO Star Wars will NEVER be good to me. I'd rather ha- HOLY SHIT OMG WTF BBQ COULD IT BE THAT THEY ARE RESTARTING PROJECT 1313!??!?!

i wont mind that :3 then again Servers will probs be fucked for the first month lol

Star Citizen's servers will be fucked for a year with that thing being SOOO huge!

MMO Star Wars will NEVER be good to me. I'd rather ha- HOLY SHIT OMG WTF BBQ COULD IT BE THAT THEY ARE RESTARTING PROJECT 1313!??!?!

It's possible, and I really hope that they do, because 1313 looked really cool. LucasArts had a majority of the game finished, so I'd imagine that this new studio would just pick up where LucasArts left off.

COMIC SANS

It's possible, and I really hope that they do, because 1313 looked really cool. LucasArts had a majority of the game finished, so I'd imagine that this new studio would just pick up where LucasArts left off.

It would be a huge comeback to see such a project be ressurected!

I'll be looking for that one obligatory Disney reference in the entire universe. 

How cool would it be if Star Wars had an optional filter that turned everything into original Mickey Mouse animation? 

This:

MickeyMouse_original.gif

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

we will just have to see what EA can do , im pretty sure battlefront will be playable, even if it sjust BF4 but star wars, which would be cool on its own

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

we will just have to see what EA can do , im pretty sure battlefront will be playable, even if it sjust BF4 but star wars, which would be cool on its own

I highly  doubt it will be just that. I expect from what I heard of the cancelled projects was an ability to deploy from ground combat to any star fighter ( Take the X-Wing for example) and go ahead and join the space battle going on overhead.

EA for the love of all gamers and star wars fans please don't add microtransaction PLEASE!!!!

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

EA for the love of all gamers and star wars please don't add microtransaction PLEASE!!!!

Would you like to buy this battlerifle energy clip for 50$? BUT FIRST YOU MUST BUY THE SLANGOO TRADER'S PACKAGE OF 100$ TO GET WEAPONS IN GAME!!!

I'm not that interested yet. I love star wars and played a decent amount of star wars games, both the good and bad... Every recent star wars game has dissapointed me and I won't become interested until I see convincing material (like good previews trailer and so on)..

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

I highly  doubt it will be just that. I expect from what I heard of the cancelled projects was an ability to deploy from ground combat to any star fighter ( Take the X-Wing for example) and go ahead and join the space battle going on overhead.

yeah i seen the footage, im just saying even if it was just BF4 Reskinned i would love to play as a storm trooper battlefield style

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

yeah i seen the footage, im just saying even if it was just BF4 Reskinned i would love to play as a storm trooper battlefield style

That's alright. As long as they don't fuck up like BF4 did.

Ya, but it's EA, so it will be on Origin only and it will have micro transactions, always online, etc.

Make no mistake, they WILL find a way to ruin this.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

So excited!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

This will be more like:

"Guys, give us some money! We ruined a lot of major franchises, we did not have the money or time to ruin this one 100%, so we are working on it, and don't worry, we will not optimize for the PC at all, and as always you will get bugs, so you can send us more angry comments and we can ignore them again"

Love, EA!!!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I'll be looking for that one obligatory Disney reference in the entire universe. 

How cool would it be if Star Wars had an optional filter that turned everything into original Mickey Mouse animation? 

This: -snip-

Jabba would be much more entertaining

Let them release this and we can revel in it's complete failure. I know Star Wars has a huge following, however, with Star Citizen kicking ass and taking names and the fact that it is EA is trying to release this. I can't imagine this being successful at all if released within the next 2-3 years. Space based games is not where EA should be developing their future hits right now, but if they are going to release one - Star Wars would most likely be the best avenue.

SW:TOR was a hideous game. The lore, the questing and dialogues were outstanding, but all the rest of the game was awful, specially the part that every 2 minutes the game is asking you for money! Unbelievable!

After that, I will never play another EA Star Wars title.