JayzTwoCents bans people from his channel

Majestic
14 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I don’t think it’s acceptable to shadowban people, then… if you’re going to be banned, would LTT staff here do that to you or would they do the normal thing and just disable your account through and through? That’s the right thing to do with people who are unruly or whatever… the only things shadowbanning change here are the awareness dynamic and therefore how easy it is for users to lash back at such things.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think it's a bit different seeing as on YT, you can't flat-out ban people from watching your videos. The only options I see in my community settings are "Hide this user's comments on this channel" and "Always approve comments from this user". At least these are the ones pertaining to curtailing someone's presence on your channel. Other than that, there's always a way to lash out. I think everyone's seen cases of little scandals erupting here and there from this exact deal on various outlets.

I will grant you though that it's a bit strange that YT doesn't at least give you some kind of indication seeing as it only has the two aforementioned choices. It's only fair. And maybe even a "Reason" panel.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

19 minutes ago, Larus said:

Honestly OP, you come across as kinda toxic on this post, which I'm guessing is why what happened, happened. If Jay wants to maintain a healthy comment section then good for him, I imagine doing so must be a lot of work.

I completely agree with this, The OP response are something I'd expect from a 6yr who gets no views on his channel when his videos are so Cleary better than everyone elses so time to let them know in the comment section. 

Sorry (not Sorry little snowflake) but until you post the original comment WITH jays and you replies you have zero creditably here as with your responses to everyone above I can see exactly why you were banned.  

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Because grown-ups can take a little criticism.

Nope, I'm perfectly allowed to mock him for this practice :)

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to do it. But it most definitely makes him a little bitch for doing it, lol.

Noting you say will make my change my stance on this. The chaotic element and the banter are part of the internet.

51 minutes ago, Majestic said:

So you could be the arbiter of what is "safe speech"? That's pretty narcisistic. You know this whole delegation of trust with regards to what is "safe speech" or not is what mostly killed the internet, right?. Now you have AI's scanning comments and shadowbanning or holding comments for a set period of time. Overzealous moderators *cough* wkdpaul *cough* taking offense with every slight banter or derogatory comment. And "safety councils" on social media.

This last post just sounds like someone super upset because he can't go around trolling people anymore.. aawww shame I'm so sorry you can't make the internet a worse place for everyone except yourself little snow flake. 

and if anything above upsets you, just remember "Grown-ups can take a little Criticism" 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I swear, it's almost July, it's as hot as Winona Ryder's '90s Buzz Cut, and yet, somehow, it's snowing.

Can't explain that.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

I could care less, but I do find it interesting you would post it here.

By chance Jay is now a "Contributing Member" here at LTT, so maybe he can chime in if he is man enough.

Why dont you just start another account on YT and Twitter and leave comments anyway?

Trolling gone wrong, it seems... :P 

2 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Censorship is for losers, man. Isn’t it ironic that JayzTwoCents is making efforts to rob people of their two cents on social media? Fuck him.

Censorship is not being able to start your own channel. OP is free to have his own channel, his own forum, his own blog, his own private diary that his younger brother is not allowed to touch. He is not censored.

He just can't force his presence in other people's media.

Newspapers don't have the obligation to publish every single reader's letter they get. That is not censorship. That is free speech.

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

The chaotic element and the banter are part of the internet.

Banning is part of the internet.

Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

CordCuttersNews banned me from there Facebook and posting on there page, DirecTV Now banned me from there Facebook page, the AT&T forums and completely ignores all my Twitter posts. It happens, GROW UP and MOVE ON.

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

Guess he banned me right there, what a little snowflake lol

I better see that original comment or else you're basically baiting people to hate on him. Besides, why vent out the frustration here? Don't you think it's kinda disingenuous to call him a snowflake here in this very forum but you didn't post the original comment you made?  It's kinda like those people in Reddit hating on Luke when he made a video what killed VR? Instead of posting it here, they posted it somewhere as if Reddit is their own "safe space". 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, Majestic said:

what a little snowflake lol. 

this may be the most depressing statement I've read in a while

what clicked in your mind to write something so ridiculous and juvenile? 

I hope you realize how dull and downright stupid this makes you sound

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

You were banned for typing "test"? That doesn't sound quite right...

But I'd do the same if it were my channel.

Actually, I wouldn't... I'd write a comment like "you've failed this one" and then I'd drop Mjolbannir on you.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

40 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

'd drop Mjolbannir on you

Whats that?

And Jay shaves his forehead, so.

2 minutes ago, yathis said:

Whats that?

And Jay shaves his forehead, so.

Mjolnir is a hammer, Mjolbannir is the banhammer. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjölnir

Unless you're a Halo nerd in which case it's armor...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

ITT: A small man is upset that a stranger he watches on the internet doesn't want to listen to him and seeks to have others attack the internet stranger for him.

have you tried to petition your unban on CHANGE.ORG or leaving negative Steam reviews?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

You're free to criticize just as he's free to ban you and remove your comment. YouTube is got a government. The owners of channels and block, remove, and ban people as much as they like for what ever reason they like.

As others have asked what was the original comment, not that it will make a difference, he can still ban you for what ever reason he likes

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Sjw..triggered...lolcow..safespace...

It feels like I'm on Twitter again where people are still talking about GamerGate. Wew lad

11 hours ago, PCMasterDebater said:

How were you not rude but "did get him triggered?"

If you can't answer that accurately then this thread is clearly an attempt to get some people to jump on the "hate JayztwoCents" bandwagon and make yourself feel good about whatever the eff you did to someone; whom is simply trying to make a living for his family. WTF is wrong with you?

Are you jealous of his success? Do you have a failing youtube account?

So you finna sayin

Jay dindu nuffins?

Being salty and banning people who disagree with him worked wonders for Spoony. I'm sure if Jay keeps up this trend it'll work wonders for his ability to provide.

10 hours ago, Larus said:

Honestly OP, you come across as kinda toxic on this post, which I'm guessing is why what happened, happened. If Jay wants to maintain a healthy comment section then good for him, I imagine doing so must be a lot of work.

Maybe, but that comment was a long while ago and I would've pasted it if it weren't for youtube's comment system being horribly disorganised and hard to backtrack. I can't speak for specifics, but the only comments I made are always criticism. Maybe the idea I generated here is that I simply wanted to troll him, that is not the case. He got salty over some holes I poked in his methodology, not over some attack on him. 

He doesn't even respond to the "healthy" comments, you always see him respond to the negative comments only. He wants reasons to ban people, that's incredibly petty/salty. Sorry.

10 hours ago, TheLagDidIt said:

i agree, in order for us to determine if you or jay are the one being a b****, we need further details, meaning we need the original comment

See above, it's impossible to browser comments on youtube to any degree.

10 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

I completely agree with this, The OP response are something I'd expect from a 6yr who gets no views on his channel when his videos are so Cleary better than everyone elses so time to let them know in the comment section. Sorry (not Sorry little snowflake) but until you post the original comment WITH jays and you replies you have zero creditably here as with your responses to everyone above I can see exactly why you were banned.  

This last post just sounds like someone super upset because he can't go around trolling people anymore.. aawww shame I'm so sorry you can't make the internet a worse place for everyone except yourself little snow flake. 

and if anything above upsets you, just remember "Grown-ups can take a little Criticism" 

You people use youtube I hope? Surely you can't all be this ignorant on how absolutely horrid YT comment system is by now?

Or don't you ever get responses on your comments and you just fire and forget, because I usually get a lot of traction, hence I noticed Jay was banning me. First there is no backlog, and second you can only comment if you load up the page now. It's an absolute mess. Expecting someone to resurface a comment made half a year ago is a fool's errand. The fact you all seem to think this is trivial speaks volumes of either ignorance or an elaborate effort to create a red herring. You don't have the original comment, but you have 7K posts on this website. Surely you can get a rough stab at my motivations from those if that is what your issue is?

Yes, i'm the snowflake for calling Jay a banning bitch. topkek. Wasn't trolling Jay, but continue projecting.

Don't flatter yourself, mate you couldn't get me upset in the slightest with weaksauce banter like this. But I did make one mistake, and that is expecting I wasn't going to get a truckload of moral grandstanding from an off-topic post about pointing out one of the biggest tech youtubers is aimlessly banning people. It's funny how everyone seems to assume my full motivation and character from this one tongue-in-cheek post. When if someone where to, i don't know, look at most of the posts (or my reviews/tests) I made they'd realise it was out of character for me and it was just a silly post pointing out Jay is banning people for shit reasons. Nice display of how people only look at the surface level these days and don't question the motives themselves. I guess being micro-outraged by every twitter post and delegating the moral questionaire to other people erodes your capacity to self-question this.

But I'm glad I provided each and everyone of you with an oppertunity to flex those virtue-signalling muscles and making you feel morally superior for just a moment. 10/10 will do it again.

I really don't see why he would bother banning unless there was spamming. It is faster to scroll along than it is to ban. I have criticized jay in comments in the past and not been banned.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

See above, it's impossible to browser comments on youtube to any degree.

Well you are wrong about that one there is a option in the history tab to search for comments.So unless you leave comment on every video you see it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 4.41.28 PM.png