Apple confirms PrimeSense buyout, paves way for motion-controlled future

Youbetternot

Apple confirms that they will buyout PrimeSense, the company that made the KINECT will come soon. ATD's sources claim that PrimeSense sold for about $360 million. This means that motion control will be a big part of Apple, if they are so desperate to buyout PrimeSense. I really hate this because you see how dumb the KINECT takes orders from their owners, I hope if they want motion controls have a option to turn it off on every program. 

primesensesensor071613.jpg

At last, the will-it-won't-it drama surrounding Apple's rumored acquisition of PrimeSense is over. The iPhone maker has confirmed the deal with AllThingsD, issuing its familiar statement that it buys smaller companies "from time to time." The company isn't discussing its plans or the terms of the deal, but ATD's sources claim that PrimeSense sold for about $360 million, or more than the $345 million that Calcalist reported a week ago.

source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/24/apple-confirms-primesense-buyout/

134581_thumb_612x451.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

XBOX $360M anyone else notice?

Also, goodbye motion control patents.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

XBOX $360M anyone else notice?

Also, goodbye motion control patents.

OIF4N7J.jpg

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

what does apple do with all their law suit money they get? buy out small competition. those mfers.

It'll come as no surprise when Apple sues Microsoft for the Kinect being too similar to "their device".

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

What I actually need is mind control. No more stupid controllers, motion control or voice commands. Just... I need it so much as an introvert IRL

everyones hating, but this whole motion thing could (And probably will with apples help) become big

you're complaining about how bad it is now, well let apple have a go and try some of their innovative wisdom on this market!

bring it apple, lets see what you got!

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

It'll come as no surprise when Apple sues Microsoft for the Kinect being too similar to "their device".

yeah im sure MS owns their patents and have done for a long time before apple even thought of this

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

everyones hating, but this whole motion thing could (And probably will with apples help) become big

you're complaining about how bad it is now, well let apple have a go and try some of their innovative wisdom on this market!

bring it apple, lets see what you got!

Apples "innovative wisdom" is to build something that already exists then sue anyone who does it better/cheaper.  The reality is that apple is a marketing company and a damn good one, they have convinced so many people that their products are original and that they invented half of it without actually saying they did.

I will very interested to see what they do with this new acquisition.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apples "innovative wisdom" is to build something that already exists then sue anyone who does it better/cheaper.  The reality is that apple is a marketing company and a damn good one, they have convinced so many people that their products are original and that they invented half of it without actually saying they did.

ive never heard them, read about them or seen them proclaim that they invented everything inside your house. so you're wrong there,

apple put alot of planning, testing and money into products, leading to high quality products.

other companies can provide a better 'sweet spot' for certain things, and i never said they didnt. this isnt about how much it'll be, its about what they do with the product and how they may change what the product means in the future

quit hating on apple.

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

ive never heard them, read about them or seen them proclaim that they invented everything inside your house. so you're wrong there,

apple put alot of planning, testing and money into products, leading to high quality products.

other companies can provide a better 'sweet spot' for certain things, and i never said they didnt. this isnt about how much it'll be, its about what they do with the product and how they may change what the product means in the future

quit hating on apple.

I think you had better read my post again. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think you had better read my post again. 

i've read it a few times, and read it again

still feels like youre having a dig at them

once again, ive never read or heard anything from them which states or even hints that they invented everything

Spoiler

once again, ive never read or heard anything from them which states or even hints that they invented everything

here it is for you

That's why I say they are a marketing company.

here it is for you

That's why I say they are a marketing company.

dont know what to say buddy, but we're both saying things and we're both disagreeing.

i think different to your opinion and so lets just leave it at that

Spoiler

dont know what to say buddy, but we're both saying things and we're both disagreeing.

i think different to your opinion and so lets just leave it at that

sorry, the problem was this sentence, because I didn't mean for it to sound this way:

I get what you mean though. It's things like the jobs biography were the author claims Jobs said that android was a stolen product and he would ensure justice was done This is an insinuation that apple invented it otherwise why would he need to "destroy android". 

That's what I mean by insinuating they invented without actually saying it, because as far as I know  there was no press release and jobs did not say it on record, it was only his biography that made the assertion.

Probably not going for TV, just for their mobile devices and mac with motion sensor bollocks. And you're not gonna be wrong about apple being expensive.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/77179-apple-reportedly-acquires-the-company-behind-microsoft%E2%80%99s-kinect-sensor/

posted 5 times in 2 weeks

original thread that i've posted in is merged with this one.

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I promise you now, there were, are, and will be no lawsuits against anyone not infringing Apple's patents. And to get some facts straight, having patents in your arsenal means that at some point you must have innovated stuff, or pushed innovation by buying innovative companies. Anyone could have bought this company and it's patents, but it seems that Apple's competition thinks that they better license it from Apple instead of buying PrimeSense. And btw, Apple takes the risk of wasting quite an amount of money, should this not work.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK