Whats coming after 1080 ti?

SwiftXShadow

has nvidia announced anything? And i dont mean titans that's elitist class video cards for ppl that have too much money.

Nothing yet, but that's what happens when your competition is more than a year late with their enthusiast graphics cards.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Nothing yet, but that's what happens when your competition is more than a year late with their enthusiast graphics cards.

*cough cough* they have competition? 

1170 and 1180, obviously.

Sometime in the next few years.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, SwiftXShadow said:

*cough cough* they have competition? 

So where's the competition for the GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 1080Ti and Pascal Titan cards?

*cough cough*

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

So where's the competition for the GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 1080Ti and Pascal Titan cards?

*cough cough*

so are u trying to explain what i just said to someone?

Just now, SwiftXShadow said:

so are u trying to explain what i just said to someone?

I don't know what you said to this "someone", but a lack of competition usually means that NVIDIA won't magically keep on churning out cards.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

I don't know what you said to this "someone", but a lack of competition usually means that NVIDIA won't magically keep on churning out cards.

why not, they just make more money that way. 

Even if nvidia had nobody to compete with, gaming will still evolve and demand better cards. People will always want better fps for their games, if amd cant keep up that just means more money for nvidia, the further back amd gets the more money will nvidia make.

4 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

Even if nvidia had nobody to compete with, gaming will still evolve and demand better cards. People will always want better fps for their games, if amd cant keep up that just means more money for nvidia, the further back amd gets the more money will nvidia make.

It's called incrementalism. How many years has Intel been doing it until AMD showed up with Ryzen? It shouldn't be any different with the GPU market. Without competition, price to performance becomes significantly worse. Sure, it may make more money for NVIDIA but it's bad for consumers overall.

Anyway, back onto the topic, no, NVIDIA has not released any plans for any more Pascal cards and why would they? They've got all parts of the market covered, waiting for AMD's response with Vega. Their next cards are likely to be Volta.

Spoiler

well Vega is predicted to launch Q1-Q2 2018, those cards will probably be called either the 1100 series(1180,1170 ect) or the 2000 series(2080, 2017, ect...) but there has been nothing official anounced

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

12 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

Do you think before write? Or you've got a large bank account (which I doubt) and don't care about the money NVidia is making, money out of our pockets including yours.

Competition is good for us, the consumers. Did Linus made his videos about NVidia vs. AMD or Intel vs. AMD for nothing? What did you learned from his videos?

Man, really, these days people even if you point a finger they couldn't tell  a thing from another and they got too much time for stupid questions.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

7 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Do you think before write? Or you've got a large bank account (which I doubt) and don't care about the money NVidia is making, money out of our pockets including yours.

Competition is good for us, the consumers. Did Linus made his videos about NVidia vs. AMD or Intel vs. AMD for nothing? What did you learned from his videos?

Man, really, these days people even if you point a finger they couldn't tell  a thing from another and they got too much time for stupid questions.

Yes competition is good and spurs on development, But I think Swifts message was more that nvidia won't stop improving their tech (all be it at a slower rate).  Which is true because as it's a business that requires turnover in order to remain profitable, it therefore has to give it's customers a reason to upgrade.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Yes competition is good and spurs on development, But I think Swifts message was more that nvidia won't stop improving their tech (all be it at a slower rate).  Which is true because as it's a business that requires turnover in order to remain profitable, it therefore has to give it's customers a reason to upgrade.  

Totally agreed. But it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to ask what next after 1080Ti.

It would be like NVidia would took a dump on the guys who bought 1080Ti and Titan Xp a couple of short months ago when they came out.

I fee sorry for the Titan XP users. They got fu**ed twice, once with 1080Ti and second with Titan Xp, in a matter of a few months. You cannot do that. Check JayZTwoCents's built video "Another Titan....".

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

30 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Totally agreed. But it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon to ask what next after 1080Ti.

It would be like NVidia would took a dump on the guys who bought 1080Ti and Titan Xp a couple of short months ago when they came out.

I fee sorry for the Titan XP users. They got fu**ed twice, once with 1080Ti and second with Titan Xp, in a matter of a few months. You cannot do that. Check JayZTwoCents's built video "Another Titan....".

That happens with all products.  I don't think I have ever bought a tool or product and not seen something better/cheaper released not longer after.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

*cough cough*

The competition is hiding in the new iMac Pro. But it might not even be competition, who knows.

5 hours ago, SwiftXShadow said:

has nvidia announced anything? And i dont mean titans that's elitist class video cards for ppl that have too much money.

People make more money than me and I need a snarky way to complain. -You

AMD is not pushing  Nivdia to do anything right now. At the mid range they are very competitive and they own the enthusiast class market for over a year now. It reminds me when AMD launched the Radeon 5000 series and Nvidia waited six months to drop the GTX 400 series cards. Though right now its worse for AMD as its been over a year and well be nearly 2 years before Vega actually launches. 

Anyways, the 1080 Ti will be the king of 2017. Volta will come Q1-Q2 2018. The 1170 will perform 10% better than the 1080 Ti and the 1180 will be a marginal 20% better than the 1170/1080 Ti. Then in 2019 the 1180 Ti will come out. 

Vega will probably be at best 1080 Ti levels. If they can release it in August they will be alright. However, if the high end Vega is weaker than the 1080 Ti and more around the 1080 then it will be another Fury X for AMD, unless it is priced at $350 range which is not likely as HBM2 Memory costs a ton. 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w

6 hours ago, mr moose said:

Indeed, I'm fairly certain that NVIDIA would continue improving their products in some form. Take Intel as an example. For years, CPU performance effectively stopped increasing in any meaningful way, with Intel being forced to basically increase clock speed in order to increase performance in a way that meant something to customers. On the other hand, they also improved efficiency. NVIDIA could take the same route. Increase performance by 5% or so, and continually improve efficiency. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Volta V100 if you're into machine learning

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Volta based GTX 2080 and GTX 2070 are supposed to be the next gaming cards to come from nvidia

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

9 hours ago, SwiftXShadow said:

2 seconds on google showed me this: https://www.google.lu/amp/wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpu-leaked-2017-2018/amp/

and it's not possible to have too much money. Too little, now that's another story. 

Love not hate

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Indeed, I'm fairly certain that NVIDIA would continue improving their products in some form. Take Intel as an example. For years, CPU performance effectively stopped increasing in any meaningful way, with Intel being forced to basically increase clock speed in order to increase performance in a way that meant something to customers. On the other hand, they also improved efficiency. NVIDIA could take the same route. Increase performance by 5% or so, and continually improve efficiency. 

Absolutely.

Also I should add to my above posts, that companies like nvidia, intel, or any company that develops products on a scale this large, Will be working on new stuff like they have competition, even if they don't.  They may not release new products at the same rate, but they are certainly developing them.  No one rests on their laurels in the industry, that is a recipe for disaster. 

I predict Volta in October 2017, will bump this post, if it happens.