Xbox One takes on his multi-armed form and says...

akrickyboby

Didn't they have this problem in xb360 too? Déja vu..

I don't think it was this exact problem but I do remember issues with disk drives on the XBOX360

This is music to my ears! Hahaha

It's just like last generations launch!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I don't think it was this exact problem but I do remember issues with disk drives on the XBOX360

The issue with the disc drives on the 360 were moving the xbox's orientation from horizontal to vertical would scratch the hell out of the disc.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Same as what happened with the PS4 guys, hundreds of thousands to millions of these are going to be sold tonight/picked up. They, just like every other piece of tech, have an inherent failure rate. QC can't catch everything.

lol sucks for console people.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Same as what happened with the PS4 guys, hundreds of thousands to millions of these are going to be sold tonight/picked up. They, just like every other piece of tech, have an inherent failure rate. QC can't catch everything.

This is exactly why you don't by anything at launch. I am not just talking consoles, I also mean things like video cards, games, and even cars.

This is exactly why you don't by anything at launch. I am not just talking consoles, I also mean things like video cards, games, and even cars.

failure rates may be a little better after launch, but they're still there. 

We shall have to wait and see, this may be more of an issue than it appears to be or it could be nothing :)

Hail Sithis!

I agree but this disk scratching is an extremely high percentage that really should of been caught by QA it's like

"Do disk work in it?"

"what are disk?"

"fair enough"

I agree but this disk scratching is an extremely high percentage that really should of been caught by QA it's like

"Do disk work in it?"

"what are disk?"

"fair enough"

they don't test every single console, they test batches. That's how all QC is. You grab a random sample of 100 out of 10,000 and test them. If they all pass, the batch passes, if one fails, the batch fails. 

they don't test every single console, they test batches. That's how all QC is. You grab a random sample of 100 out of 10,000 and test them. If they all pass, the batch passes, if one fails, the batch fails. 

I can see were you are coming from but it seem's like it is lacking a mechanism to secure the disk in the disk drive so this doesn't happen. Other disk drives have this mechanism yet it was left out of all the iterations of the 360 and it seem's it was left out of the xbox one as well. I feel really bad for anybody who was excited to play a game on there new console and to have it destroy the disk because it happened to me when I had a 360 way back when and this why I am mad at Microsoft for not getting there act together since 2005.

The issue with the disc drives on the 360 were moving the xbox's orientation from horizontal to vertical would scratch the hell out of the disc.

The problem would be that the laser height offset for reading the disc would be so small that the laser itself would touch the disc, scratching it if the disc dipped down at all.

When people weren't even touching their console, the disc could be scratched. You can fix this by adding $5 spacers if you opened up the DVD drive(also voiding the warranty).

The problem would be that the laser height offset for reading the disc would be so small that the laser itself would touch the disc, scratching it if the disc dipped down at all.

When people weren't even touching their console, the disc could be scratched. You can fix this by adding $5 spacers if you opened up the DVD drive(also voiding the warranty).

BBC did a test were they had a 360 on a desk. and had some body put a book on the desk and it scratched the disk. trying to find the article right now.

BAHAHAHAHA. The PC master race welcome thee.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Really really cheap optical disk drives. I have never had an optical drive do this before. So how much did they spend on these.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The guy on the first video looks like he's about to cry aha, DEAD ON RELEASE HAHAHAH

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

tumblr_m9p3k61fXD1r64ufmo4_400.gif

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I have a picky 2 year old blu-ray ODD that works better than that.

*facepalm*

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv