POLL : Would you like to see more videos like "I have some things to say - Core i9 & X299"?

Would you like to see more videos like "I have some things to say - Core i9 & X299"?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more videos like "I have some things to say - Core i9 & X299"?

• Yes
    • No

Definitely. I enjoyed the video, reassured me that I wasn't the only one thinking those things.

I liked that video but I don't wish to see more. That would mean the whole industry would've been fucked 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I liked this video too, it was the first video in a long time I took linus serious and i felt - to be pathetic - like he spoke from his heart and he really agrees with what he is saying. Not like the excuse video for the clickbaity titles, this video and his "excuse" were very fast not credible anymore, for example the battery life video title busted his excuse instant.

I would really like to see more videos from you @LinusTech in this format, this time you appeared credible again and it was way nicer to watch than many other videos in the past because you were more calm and not yelling at us viewers in excitement

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Did really like that style of video, hope he does more if he feels strongly about something. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

6 hours ago, LeinadTM said:

Definitely. I enjoyed the video, reassured me that I wasn't the only one thinking those things.

That's why I made this poll, I wanted to know if I was the only one that really liked it or not.

6 hours ago, Pohernori said:

I liked that video but I don't wish to see more. That would mean the whole industry would've been fucked 

I'm not quite sure I understand.  Care to explain?

6 hours ago, Ethocreeper said:

the thumbnail tho

i saw it and i was like wtf is that linus crying?

Made me chuckle.

6 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

I liked this video too, it was the first video in a long time I took linus serious and i felt - to be pathetic - like he spoke from his heart and he really agrees with what he is saying. Not like the excuse video for the clickbaity titles, this video and his "excuse" were very fast not credible anymore, for example the battery life video title busted his excuse instant.

I would really like to see more videos from you @LinusTech in this format, this time you appeared credible again and it was way nicer to watch than many other videos in the past because you were more calm and not yelling at us viewers in excitement

I agree 100%, I really felt a passion from Linus that I haven't seen in a while.

Yes, it's unscripted and you really get the feeling Linus genuinely cares about it.

Instead of a WAN-show rant (which is how he usually tells the world about his worries) this makes it feel like a big deal which is imo the case.

It's not exactly entertaining, but it's educational and easy to understand which is imo more like Linus pre-WAN show, or garage WAN-show era which is the Linus i subscribed to back in the day.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I didn't like it, I really don't like drama and that's all I saw.  Carefully selected music in the background, walking down the street with a air of seriousness I just didn't really buy.

I prefer sit down no nonsense straight up discussion.  I like my cornflakes without fruit and my meat without gravy. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I actually thought this was one Linus's (not LTT etc) best videos in a long time. 

It felt like Linus was actually trying to  get his thoughts in line before recording the full "Hi guys..." scripted video in the studio.

8 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Yes, it's unscripted and you really get the feeling Linus genuinely cares about it.

Instead of a WAN-show rant (which is how he usually tells the world about his worries) this makes it feel like a big deal which is imo the case.

It's not exactly entertaining, but it's educational and easy to understand which is imo more like Linus pre-WAN show, or garage WAN-show era which is the Linus i subscribed to back in the day.

Linus has stated some of this in WAN-show before, however I think that I might like a sub series where Linus just speaks his mind on topics that he is passionate about.

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

I didn't like it, I really don't like drama and that's all I saw.  Carefully selected music in the background, walking down the street with a air of seriousness I just didn't really buy.

I prefer sit down no nonsense straight up discussion.  I like my cornflakes without fruit and my meat without gravy. 

There was a little drama, but nowhere near as bad as some other channels.  I personally wasn't bothered by it, however I can see how some others may have been.

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

giphy (2).gif

Words

Honestly it is one of my favorite videos they have done in a while. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

10 hours ago, dexT said:

giphy (2).gif

Words

cool meme bro.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

TBH it was one of the best videos they've put up lately.

Sure, it was a rant, but Linus has a valid point and it shows he's not afraid to point out when a major player is being a dick or is doing something shady (for lack of a better description).

We were expecting a move like this from Intel and the fact that they did it proves that they're at least scared by AMD's potential and their comeback, making it a competitive market. It also shows how greedy Intel can be, releasing what is essentially a pointless CPU for upwards to $2000. That's Xeon money right there and there is no user case where a regular consumer would need that kind of threadcount (and don't you dare say rendering, gaming or CAD. I said regular, as in the common Jane and Joe that's building a PC that is, in its entirety cheaper than their 18c/36t CPU).

Hell, even enthusiasts are looking at intel and scratching their collective heads wondering why they're doing what they're doing.

I'm sure that they'd have done this earlier if Ryzen would've been launched, say, 3 years ago. They've always had an ace up their sleeves and a plan to one-up whatever AMD may have released, and we've known this for quite a while now.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

cool meme bro.

Why thank you, it means a lot you'd even consider saying that :)

11 minutes ago, dexT said:

Why thank you, it means a lot you'd even consider saying that :)

Your very welcome.  Anytime I can assist in making the world a better place with a little positive reinforcement. 

18 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

That's Xeon money right there and there is no user case where a regular consumer would need that kind of threadcount (and don't you dare say rendering, gaming or CAD. I said regular, as in the common Jane and Joe that's building a PC that is, in its entirety cheaper than their 18c/36t CPU).

As someone that does rendering, I wouldn't even consider a 18c/36t CPU.  The single threaded performance lost would not be worth it for me.  I would rather buy a couple of ryzen 1700s and build a render farm.

I really enjoyed this video as I am thinking of getting a better processor. It lets me know what to think about for each platform not to mention it shows that linus cares about the better product, and the making of a better product.

• 2 weeks later...