how far back is the 6 pin on a refrence RX 480?

basically the titles says what i need to know, how many centimeters back from the PCI bracket is the 6 pin located? i can probably get an RX 480 for under $100 because someone flashed it with a bad BIOS so i want to know if i can use it in the Toaster Project before i press buy

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

18cm, source I have one.

awesome. thats just what i wanted to know :D il see if it will fit, think it will! 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

18cm, source I have one.

sadly wont unless i can find a 6 pin conector sticks up like 2mm :( oh well. think il get it anyway, flash it back, and sell it for profit

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

sadly wont unless i can find a 6 pin conector sticks up like 2mm :( oh well. think il get it anyway, flash it back, and sell it for profit

you can resolder the 6 pin so that you don't have a connector, but just a wire running to the card

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

you can resolder the 6 pin so that you don't have a connector, but just a wire running to the card

oh yah, why havent i thought about doing that yet? that frees up so many more GPU options :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

right angle 6 pin?

6 pin extension cable?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

right angle 6 pin?

6 pin extension cable?

i litteraly have 2mm from the top of the card untill it hits a sortof midle top panel, if i solder im going to get an extention probably just because it would be easier for me

Builds:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i litteraly have 2mm from the top of the card untill it hits a sortof midle top panel, if i solder im going to get an extention probably just because it would be easier for me

What is the purpose of this middle top panel, is it for optical drives or your actual case cover? For optical drives, then leave it out so you'll have plenty of space for the 6 pin pcie.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

What is the purpose of this middle top panel, is it for optical drives or your actual case cover? For optical drives, then leave it out so you'll have plenty of space for the 6 pin pcie.

it holds the harddrive mount, so i cant really remove it. the harddrive wont mount anywhere else. its basically a 5.25" bay with a 3.5" mount hanging off of it and if i cant chop it up that far in either seeing as i would have to go through lots and lots of metal and it would destroy the 3.5" mount sortof

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

it holds the harddrive mount, so i cant really remove it. the harddrive wont mount anywhere else. its basically a 5.25" bay with a 3.5" mount hanging off of it and if i cant chop it up that far in either seeing as i would have to go through lots and lots of metal and it would destroy the 3.5" mount sortof

Are you able to dremel a opening for the video card power connectors or that is not possible?

Probably get a SSD or a laptop HDD and velcro it to your case's cover. Can use the vent holes to secure them with screws?

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Are you able to dremel a opening for the video card power connectors or that is not possible?

Probably get a SSD or a laptop HDD and velcro it to your case's cover. Can use the vent holes to secure them with screws?

i cant afford getting an SSD for this but the velcro idea isnt bad tbh, duknow what i would do with a dremmel but i do have one, im just out of cutting wheels

Builds:

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i cant afford getting an SSD for this but the velcro idea isnt bad tbh, duknow what i would do with a dremmel but i do have one, im just out of cutting wheels

Cut a hole for pcie connector

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Cut a hole for pcie connector

i cant, goes through the mount for the 3.5", thats the problem :( 

Builds:

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i cant, goes through the mount for the 3.5", thats the problem :( 

No, the bottom of your 3.5" is just mm apart from the back of the gpu. If it was directly under it, the entire mount will not fit. I saw your toaster project photos and that's how it is. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!