AMD is dead in the water

Just now, THE_maverick said:

it is ONLY 16 cores at a measly 3.9ghz.

i want to see you show me an intel processor with 16 cores running anywhere near 3.9GHz.

if you cant, you're obviously just talking shit for the sake of talking shit.

--

we're finally entering another golden era where AMD is getting the upper hand, and intel has completely lost their mind releasing an "extreme edition i5", and all you can do is rip on AMD without any idea what you're even on about.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Uhh....that came out of left field.  What does this have to do with the topic?

that we are not in the 1920s anymore and news have different definitions.  This is news.  

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

also, not my fault if you "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"!!!!

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

that it is heavily influenced by the opinion of the news host as well ;)

the 18 core Intel CPU was a last min job from their marketing team

AMD Treadripper has been teased for months before Computex

Intel has seen how the Ryzen 5 and 7 perform and has to pull out their trump card to beat the Treadripper

*facepalm at OP

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i want to see you show me an intel processor with 16 cores running anywhere near 3.9GHz.

if you cant, you're obviously just talking shit for the sake of talking shit.

--

we're finally entering another golden era where AMD is getting the upper hand, and intel has completely lost their mind releasing an "extreme edition i5", and all you can do is rip on AMD without any idea what you're even on about.

I do.  Their new 18 core processor runs at 4.3 on multithread.  #TryToKeepUpWithTheNews

Just now, dragoon20005 said:

the 18 core Intel CPU was a last min job from their marketing team

AMD Treadripper has been teased for months before Computex

Intel has seen how the Ryzen 5 and 7 perform and has to pull out their trump card to beat the Treadripper

*facepalm at OP

Y the facepalm?  Intel killed threadripper before it was out of the gate.  Again, I was hoping to finally be able to get behind AMD but them not giving pricing info today means they are not at the 899 they'd need to be competitive, so...

1 minute ago, THE_maverick said:

I do.  Their new 18 core processor runs at 4.3 on multithread.  #TryToKeepUpWithTheNews

i'm not gonna google this, links or shove it up your hashtag rear end.

23 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

lol I know right,, Lets also completely gloss over that AMD is the Total supplier to the Console market,

Well the Switch uses an NVIDIA GPU, but I don't think for an instant AMD is dead.

I think they panicked after the stock drop and revealed too much too soon.  They should have saved it for today.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

And on that note, I think it's time for you to go on ignore.  It's quite obvious that you're prone to fits of hysterics.

geez, just quoting a movie.  but fine, go live in your AMD bubble y don't u....

9 minutes ago, THE_maverick said:

Since I am not a 14 year old broke as gamer or someone that only consumes content or a low end creator (say video) but rather someone that can squeeze out computations out of every single core he is given, to me it is ONLY 16 cores at a measly 3.9ghz.

Again, this is "Prosumer", which is mostly rendering and encoding. Sure, more cores help, but if you're complaining about 16 cores not being enough, nothing will ever be enough. 32/64 Epyc won't be enough for you even when run in 64/128 dual socket I presume (Because AMD). By the way, at this point where you're talking, things are generally offloaded to co-processors or GPUs (I mean, provided that you actually have workloads capable of such). Also, think of pricepoint. 10/20 4.3 or 16/32 3.9 at $999 USD.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just now, manikyath said:

i'm not gonna google this, links or shove it up your hashtag rear end.

In case I can't find it quickly enough, just find the slides from the presentation that were released earlier today.  Turbo Boost 2.0 is what all cores do in multithread, 3.0 is only 2 cores, but 2.0 is ALL cores.

1 minute ago, THE_maverick said:

geez, just quoting a movie.  but fine, go live in your AMD bubble y don't u....

at least the AMD bubble doesnt cost more than my entire system.. (coming from someone who has only ever owned 2 AMD products, both of which died)

2 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

Again, this is "Prosumer", which is mostly rendering and encoding. Sure, more cores help, but if you're complaining about 16 cores not being enough, nothing will ever be enough. 32/64 Epyc won't be enough for you even when run in 64/128 dual socket I presume (Because AMD). By the way, at this point where you're talking, things are generally offloaded to co-processors or GPUs (I mean, provided that you actually have workloads capable of such). Also, think of pricepoint. 10/20 4.3 or 16/32 3.9 at $999 USD.

(Note that it is the 10/20 that runs 4.3)

Sure, teach me about what I do why don't you.  Nope, no gpu application can (as of today) do properly what cpu based apps can in my case.  Trust me, I'd like to use gpus but it is just pointless right now.

Edit for clarification:

a 4 core processor can do it, sure it only takes 3 months.  More cores = the faster I am done.  And trust me speed matters because there are always more revisions to be made.

Do the Threadripper and the new Intel one (too tired to remember the name) even really matter much?  It's not like they're practical for the majority of the population.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, THE_maverick said:

Sure, teach me about what I do why don't you.  Nope, no gpu application can (as of today) do properly what cpu based apps can in my case.  Trust me, I'd like to use gpus but it is just pointless right now.

Please do let me know what you are doing that benefits so greatly from 2 additional cores.

Also:

"All of the i9 chips feature base clock speeds of 3.3GHz, reaching up to 4.3GHz dual-core speeds with Turbo Boost 2.0 and 4.5GHz with Turbo Boost 3.0. And speaking of Turbo Boost 3.0, its performance has also been improved in the new Extreme Edition chips to increase both single and dual-core speeds. Rounding out the X-Series family are the quad-core i5-7640X and i7 models in 4-, 6- and 8-core models."

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/30/intel-core-i9-extreme/

4.3 GHz is only on 2 cores.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

2 minutes ago, THE_maverick said:

Edit for clarification:

a 4 core processor can do it, sure it only takes 3 months.  More cores = the faster I am done.  And trust me speed matters because there are always more revisions to be made.

and this, is a fine example of you clearly having no flipping clue what you're on about with lots of cores.

the only reason why we stick 44 cores in servers at work is because we can just stick what used to be 10 servers in one box.

OH no, some one has a negative opinion of AMD, Sure it is unqualified but hey we'd better call the "give a fuck" police, because they are being given all over this thread.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sensationalist and the OP is being extremely toxic in both the original post and replies, ignore and move on.

@leadeater I think this should be put in the cpu section lol... clearly doesn't follow the criteria for this section

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

i thought this thread would be removed quickly, but nope. enjoying reading the comments and laughing while playing cs xD 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

OH no, some one has a negative opinion of AMD, Sure it is unqualified but hey we'd better call the "give a fuck" police, because they are being given all over this thread.

the issue isnt that its a negative opinion of AMD, but that he's calling it a fact rather than opinion, and portraying it as news.