Slick should be given more time to sleep!

N0ksuu

There's some extreme mental defects that go on while you are awake. Again, watch the video.

i dont need to watch anything :P im fine thats all ineed to know. so for whatever reason you have someting against this. maybe u cant stay awake for that long and feel that you have to fistfight others who can or what. but never the less there are no documentation of illnes from not sleeping. and if there is its not trustworthy otherwise id be fucked up :P

Hello everyone!

As far as you hopefully know, Luke Lafreniere ( aka. Slick) is under terrible working conditions.

§1 Irregular work hours [He has to benchmark GPU:s night time ( don't know it this will ever happen, they talked about it on the WAN show once)]

§2 He probably gets fired multiple times a day. [ Rehired always though]

§3 He never gets to sleep [ As you can see here -> http://youtu.be/RNrjG729SQw?t=6m12s ( Start looking from 6:12) 

If you simply cant notice he look sooo sleepy! I bet he fell asleep right after the filming of the video :P

And that is just one example, i'm sure if you have watched the Linustechtips videos for a while slick is always really tired :(

We should together as members of the Linustechtips forum take action and get slick a better working conditions and environment, (and better job security) etc. !

Your picture makes this post so ironic. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

this isnt true :P, its even been done extensive medical experiments and documentation that sleep is not needed,

you can be awake for 300 hours and your body will still be in perfect health both psychological and fysiological :)

Edit Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_%28record_holder%29

Did you read the health effects in the page YOU linked?!

"Lt. Cmdr. John J. Ross, who monitored his health, reported serious incognitive and behavioral changes. These included moodiness, problems with concentration and short term memoryparanoia, and hallucinations. On the fourth day he had a delusion that he was Paul Lowe winning the Rose Bowl, and that a street sign was a person. On the eleventh day, when he was asked to subtract seven repeatedly, starting with 100, he stopped at 65. When asked why he had stopped, he replied that he had forgotten what he was doing."

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Did you read the health effects in the page YOU linked?!

"Lt. Cmdr. John J. Ross, who monitored his health, reported serious incognitive and behavioral changes. These included moodiness, problems with concentration and short term memory, paranoia, and hallucinations. On the fourth day he had a delusion that he was Paul Lowe winning the Rose Bowl, and that a street sign was a person. On the eleventh day, when he was asked to subtract seven repeatedly, starting with 100, he stopped at 65. When asked why he had stopped, he replied that he had forgotten what he was doing.[1]"

Yes but There is no long term damage. After about 2 weeks he was back to normal sceduals. Did YOU read it all...

Yes but There is no long term damage. After about 2 weeks he was back to normal sceduals. Did YOU read it all...

I did but do you really want Slick going batshit crazy every week? (unless this is a common occurrence in the LMG)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I did but do you really want Slick going batshit crazy every week? (unless this is a common occurrence in the LMG)

well they are going batshit crazy pretty offen haha. but no, im pretty sure he is old enought to know when to tell linus that he needs to sleep :)

besides if it would be anywhere near unsafe im pretty sure linus is smart enough to tell slick to go to bed ? hmm

How about going into cardiac arrest from sheer exhaustion? N.T, we dont just sleep for the physical body, but for our minds. It removes toxins and sleeping gives the brain the means that it needs to sort itself out. Kind of like rearranging paperwork for the next day. Just looking out for your health man, thats all.

im fine thanks :) but yeah sure sleep is needed. but not each night. im just sayin. dont make a war out of it xD

No hostility here. Think all should get back on topic. Threads about slick, poor guy is always in the shadows, even when he's the topic of discussion.

bro no you made me feel bad. slick for presidente alright ?.

I have like 3-4 hours max (go to bed like 4-5am get up at around 7-8am)

I'm not tired during the day...

Man, you got a perfect life..

Man, you got a perfect life..

Far from it.....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Slick should man up, sleep is for the weak

Sleep is for the weak, not for the geek. :D

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

How can LMG be profitable unless Slick is Linus' minion 24/7 at his beck and call? 

Just joking. 

But Slick does seem tired, and I think you should get some sleep.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I know that feel Slick... not getting enough sleep = sh*ttiest thing in the world

i dont need to watch anything :P im fine thats all ineed to know. so for whatever reason you have someting against this. maybe u cant stay awake for that long and feel that you have to fistfight others who can or what. but never the less there are no documentation of illnes from not sleeping. and if there is its not trustworthy otherwise id be fucked up :P

The video has scientific proof of what happens each day that you don't sleep. Stop being so ignorant and watch the video. You will realize that you're wrong.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The video has scientific proof of what happens each day that you don't sleep. Stop being so ignorant and watch the video. You will realize that you're wrong.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

HOW CAN I BE WRONG WHEN I DID IT AND DIDNT FUCKING DIE,.... stop being so persuasive when youre wrong!..

Your picture makes this post so ironic. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hahah didint think about that :D

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

It is never the bosses fault if the employee stays up all night gaming rather than sleeping.  Slick does not need to be "given" more sleep, he may need more sleep.  Honestly, he did look a little tired in the phone video today, but I feel that is more to do with Slick than Linus. Slick needs to realize that part of his job is to look good. He is in the public eye enough as part of his job that is is bordering on unprofessional to look tired and wrecked.  Maybe that means he needs more sleep, maybe it means he needs to do a facial each morning, and steal some women's beauty secrets to use in the morning.  Either are fine.  If beauty queens can look pretty after jet leg, Slick can look pretty after playing all night. . . you just have to put in the time and effort to make yourself pretty and hide the tired.

Linus always looks good, and he has a kid, maybe we need a "Linus Beauty Tips for Men" channel.  He can experiment with beauty techniques for men on Slick!

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

HOW CAN I BE WRONG WHEN I DID IT AND DIDNT FUCKING DIE,.... stop being so persuasive when youre wrong!..

I never said you would die, eventually you would, if you stayed up longer. Just watch the video and you will find out what happens each day of sleep that you miss.

I never said you would die, eventually you would, if you stayed up longer. Just watch the video and you will find out what happens each day of sleep that you miss.

those styles of research is often skewed, and don't take into factor the unique biochemistries of different people.

I've stayed awake for 107 hours (4 and a half days) without any behavioural differences or adverse affects. these type of science reports are never 100% 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I have to say this is kind of self inflicted. There was the time last weekend when he was up all night...must have been like 6am his time when I went to bed.

I went to bed at 2 or 3am NZ time and he was still up.

That's so wrong. You can't be operate normally if you not sleeping for 300 hours, the guy who stayed awake for 200 hours was never the same, he had had temper, angry and opposite of what he was before.

Go watch ASAP Science: What if you stopped sleeping.

You would only suffer mood changes while the sleep deprivation is happening, but after you go back to a regular sleep cycle you should be fine, plus the mood changes are very much depending on the person, my record for sleep deprivation is 48 hours (not much, I know) and people say that even that makes you suffer mood changes and not with me I was just a bit more out of place as in I was too tired and I was a bit distracted for that, but after I went to sleep I was perfectly fine

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

You would only suffer mood changes while the sleep deprivation is happening, but after you go back to a regular sleep cycle you should be fine, plus the mood changes are very much depending on the person, my record for sleep deprivation is 48 hours (not much, I know) and people say that even that makes you suffer mood changes and not with me I was just a bit more out of place as in I was too tired and I was a bit distracted for that, but after I went to sleep I was perfectly fine

Once you go past a certain point you are inflicting permanent damage to your brain. Everyone, just watch the fucking video. Your questions will be answered

LET MY FRIEND, Slick SLEEP!!

I feel like I am in a riot :/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer