Slick should be given more time to sleep!

N0ksuu

Hello everyone!

As far as you hopefully know, Luke Lafreniere ( aka. Slick) is under terrible working conditions.

§1 Irregular work hours [He has to benchmark GPU:s night time ( don't know it this will ever happen, they talked about it on the WAN show once)]

§2 He probably gets fired multiple times a day. [ Rehired always though]

§3 He never gets to sleep [ As you can see here -> http://youtu.be/RNrjG729SQw?t=6m12s ( Start looking from 6:12) 

If you simply cant notice he look sooo sleepy! I bet he fell asleep right after the filming of the video :P

And that is just one example, i'm sure if you have watched the Linustechtips videos for a while slick is always really tired :(

We should together as members of the Linustechtips forum take action and get slick a better working conditions and environment, (and better job security) etc. !

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

LET SLICK SLEEP

LET SLICK SLEEP

LET SLICK SLEEP!

linus-meme-4.jpg

He does look tired as hell in that video though....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

LET SLICK SLEEP

LET SLICK SLEEP

LET SLICK SLEEP!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

No.

Slick hasn't benchmarked enough low end cards to be allowed the joys of sleep.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

LET SLICK SLEEP!!

WE WANT MORE AWESOME VIDEOS!!

wait, what....?

I guess sleep deficit is part of being self employed... at least kind of self employed. :D

who cares...

Foxconn workers can work 24/7 why Slick cant? He's not human anyway.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

8 hours of sleep, no more, no less. Otherwise you'll be tired either way

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

LET SLICK SLEEP!!

WE WANT MORE AWESOME VIDEOS!!

Could not phrase it better! :D

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

Linus lets him blink isn't that enough?

Sleeping is for the weak. B)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Linus lets him blink isn't that enough?

^^

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

not quite true.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I have like 3-4 hours max (go to bed like 4-5am get up at around 7-8am)

I'm not tired during the day...

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I get 6 hours and I'm never sleepy.

in fact before I had a job and was living purely on the pension i let my body fall into its natural rhythm and only went to sleep when it wanted too. was doing 34 hour days and 7 hours of sleep within a month. lived like that for 18 months until i returned back into the workforce.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Hello everyone!

As far as you hopefully know, Luke Lafreniere ( aka. Slick) is under terrible working conditions.

§1 Irregular work hours [He has to benchmark GPU:s night time ( don't know it this will ever happen, they talked about it on the WAN show once)]

§2 He probably gets fired multiple times a day. [ Rehired always though]

§3 He never gets to sleep [ As you can see here -> http://youtu.be/RNrjG729SQw?t=6m12s ( Start looking from 6:12) 

If you simply cant notice he look sooo sleepy! I bet he fell asleep right after the filming of the video :P

And that is just one example, i'm sure if you have watched the Linustechtips videos for a while slick is always really tired :(

We should together as members of the Linustechtips forum take action and get slick a better working conditions and environment, (and better job security) etc. !

What are you, his mom ?

this isnt true :P, its even been done extensive medical experiments and documentation that sleep is not needed,

you can be awake for 300 hours and your body will still be in perfect health both psychological and fysiological :)

Edit Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_%28record_holder%29

Edited by Norwegiantweaker

Slick should man up, sleep is for the weak

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i permit slick to sleep after the overclocking in the outside snow at night !!!!

when that happens everyone will let him sleep for another 1000 years

this isnt true :P, its even been done extensive medical experiments and documentation that sleep is not needed,

you can be awake for 300 hours and your body will still be in perfect health both psychological and fysiological :)

Edit Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_%28record_holder%29

That's so wrong. You can't be operate normally if you not sleeping for 300 hours, the guy who stayed awake for 200 hours was never the same, he had had temper, angry and opposite of what he was before.

Go watch ASAP Science: What if you stopped sleeping.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's so wrong. You can't be operate normally if you not sleeping for 300 hours, the guy who stayed awake for 200 hours was never the same, he had had temper, angry and opposite of what he was before.

you are so wrong ive myself have been awake for 9 days witch is 192 hours. no problems here. besides that im already pretty messed up haha

you are so wrong ive myself have been awake for 9 days witch is 192 hours. no problems here. besides that im already pretty messed up haha

There's some extreme mental defects that go on while you are awake. Again, watch the video.

#LetSlickSleep

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ