Is my psu an ATX

Villakid86

measure the size of it and tell us the W, H and D

Is it 86mm height, 150mm width?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

looks like it is, but i have a similar model to that thing and i recommend you to toss that thing out the window if you plan doing an upgrade.

250 Watt is not much, i agree with manikyath that if you are planning to do an upgrade, it is better to buy a new one of better quality

1 minute ago, Gameking002 said:

250 Watt is not much, i agree with manikyath that if you are planning to do an upgrade, it is better to buy a new one of better quality

it's not the 250 watts that worries me, it's that its of the same series as a power supply of mine with TERRIBLE voltage regulation.

It can provide 240 watts on 12v alone, which is on par as what a regular 80+ bronze 300-350w power supply would be able to provide.

The power supply is good enough for a system with a video card that requires only an additional pci-e 6 pin connector.

It may work fine even with some video cards that have a pci-e 8pin connector but don't use it to the maximum , for example something like a GTX1060 that uses at most around 120 watts but may come with 8pin pci-e connector in case user wants to overclock the card.

The manufacturer is decent (FSP), not great but OK, and the power supply will be able to deliver the advertised numbers, it's not lying. It's better than let's say some cheap LC Power or Logysis or crap 450-500w power supplies.

2 minutes ago, Villakid86 said:

8.6cm H and 15cm width. Is it an ATX

Seems like an ATX supply . If it has a 24 PIN connector for the motherboard , then it definitely is .

But i wouldn't use that psu for anything more than an office pc .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Villakid86 said:

Do you guys have any recommendations 

what budget ? For what purpose ? What parts is it going with/what wattage ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Im planing on getting GTX 760 TI

Get a ~500W supply like the the evga 500B . It's affordable and is decent.

2 minutes ago, Villakid86 said:

Im planing on getting GTX 760 TI

There is no 760 Ti unless it's an OEM?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

There is no 760 Ti unless it's an OEM?

It is indeed an OEM card.

GTX 750 TI 

My recommendation still stands .What price are you getting it for ?

GTX 750 TI is not a power hungry card, it maxes out at around 60 watts. So the power supply you have in that system now should be more than adequate until you buy a more power hungry card.

If you mean GTX 760 TI , that's a rebranded GTX 760 which used to max out at around 160 watts. That's a bit on the dangerous side for a power supply that can supply only 250 watts on 12v so in that case you should upgrade to a better power supply.  A good 450-500w power supply would do, no need to go overboard with 600-850w power supplies.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

GTX 750 TI is not a power hungry card, it maxes out at around 60 watts. So the power supply you have in that system now should be more than adequate until you buy a more power hungry card.

If you mean GTX 760 TI , that's a rebranded GTX 760 which used to max out at around 160 watts. That's a bit on the dangerous side for a power supply that can supply only 250 watts on 12v so in that case you should upgrade to a better power supply.  A good 450-500w power supply would do, no need to go overboard with 600-850w power supplies.

750 ti isn't a power hungry card itself , but you have the cpu , ram , board etc. those add up , and i wouldn't stress a psu like this one.

1 more thing will any GPU fit on my motherboard

what board

yes , as long as they both use PCIE ( which is the case for everything made in the last 10 years )

The HHN 85+ is an entry level design that the FSP HEXA+ based off of. It isn't the best power supply (in the same league as the CWT GPM based Corsair VS), but seeing how this is probably an non-overclocked prebuild system, it is likely seeing power draws under 150wDC during gaming load. It should be fine powering a <60w GPU like the GTX750 Ti