AMD will hold a press conference on May 31st aka during Computex

sauce: https://videocardz.com/69424/amd-to-hold-a-press-conference-on-may-31st

The email sent out:

Computex 2017 is fast approaching so we wanted to share a save-the-date for the AMD press conference, scheduled for May 31st from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.

Hosted by AMD CEO, Dr. Lisa Su and other key AMD executives, you will have the opportunity to hear more about the latest products and leading-edge technologies coming from AMD in 2017. The past year has seen AMD bringing innovation and competition back to the high-performance desktop market with the release of Ryzen™ processors and we look forward to providing new details on 2017 products and the ecosystems, both OEM and channel, that will support them.

So yeah.

382.gif

We're finally getting Vega info (we have to at this point, release is in June) about pricing, performance, versions, the lot, and maybe some talk about Ryzen HEDT/server stuff. Good stuff. But keep the hypetrain in the station please.

Ye ole' train

Nice!  This is just in time for my build, maybe prices will normalize by the time a buy the GPU

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

But keep the hypetrain in the station please.

Yeah, never gonna happen. Come on OP, we know how this shit goes. The conductor slams the shit into full gear, then dies of a heart attack, and there is nothing there to stop it.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

I'm not sure what AMD has up their sleeves with VEGA but they'll need to price semi-aggressively considering high-end Pascal's been out for over a year; meaning AMD doesn't have too much time, VEGA better be a good step up or it'll feel extremely late to the game.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Sadly this shit is unafordable, even now rx 470/rx570 sell for the same price as rx 480/580 in romania just fk it, cant even afford a half assed middle ranged GPU, only have bout 200$ and im not really sure if its worth it at all to buy PC's anymore when there are hardly any decent games.

Vega i dont even wanna know, 4-500$ GPU? thats weaker than nvidia's? boring... Cant remember when cpu/gpu market was exciting last time, maybe when we first got quad cores/ddr3, and first gen DX11 gpu's.

AMD is late to the game with CPU Ryzen with IvyBridge IPC, then prices them at same range as intel's latest skylake/kabylake, they are always behind nvidia on GPU's with worse drivers and still price them close to nvidias which are now nearing end cycle, Volta desktop gpu might be ready for Q4 2017 or Q1 2018, while Vega is still a mystery, people who needed an upgrade have got one a long time ago with pascal complete lineup, Vega will have no sales at this point unless they beat pascals by 10-20 % for same price(dream on amd).

Great, potentially detailed Vega info and release date. Price too. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Great, potentially detailed Vega info and release date. Price too. 

Hopefully it's a hard launch with orders going up the same week.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

VEGA is MIA

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, Valentyn said:

Hopefully it's a hard launch with orders going up the same week.

Heh yeah. But I will wait custom cards myself. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Heh yeah. But I will wait custom cards myself. 

If top Vega launches with a AIO liquid cooler like the previous leaked images suggest it might only come in that flavour like the Fury X.

If that is the case I hope they went with Asetek again, instead of that CoolerMaster cheapo knock off.

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

VEGA is MIA

It is? Every date ever talked about, and mentioned by AMD was latter half of 1H, Q2. So it's still on track to what they said.

Remember, Vega, like a wizard arrives exactly when they intend to.

9 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

If top Vega launches with a AIO liquid cooler like the previous leaked images suggest it might only come in that flavour like the Fury X.

If that is the case I hope they went with Asetek again, instead of that CoolerMaster cheapo knock off.

Yeah, read that too that it may so. But I wouldn't mind, AiO liquid cooler for GPU is nice. I get that no potential custom PCBs then hmm but oh well. 

Wasn't the Fury X cooler some hybrid Cooler Master and something. I remeber reading that they didn't want to spend much for that. Temps seemed rather good too, though coil whine was mentioned. 

10 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, read that too that it may so. But I wouldn't mind, AiO liquid cooler for GPU is nice. I get that no potential custom PCBs then hmm but oh well. 

Wasn't the Fury X cooler some hybrid Cooler Master and something. I remeber reading that they didn't want to spend much for that. Temps seemed rather good too, though coil whine was mentioned. 

Nah, Cooler Master used a 3rd party design, and got sued by Asetek.

http://techreport.com/news/29092/asetek-wins-injunction-against-cooler-master-liquid-coolers

Not only that, but it wasn't coil whine, it was the actual pump making that horrific noise. It was cheap, and literally a knockoff.
The Asetek design AMD went with for the ungodly hot and power hungry 295X2 was marvelous. If they got for an AIO again, I hope they don't penny pinch, and just go for the top dog again.

The whole pump whine issue with the Fury X was another knock against them, and they really can't afford bad PR light that on another launch.

Same for if they go with a reference air cooler, it better be a proper vapour chamber cooler that can handle the TDP.

Otherwise we might end up with another 290X launch, where they just reused the 7970 cooler, and ran at 95 degrees and throttled.

Guess what guys, anything AMD is announcing gonna be a disappointment. FACT.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Vega vs Pascal, guess who wins?

Consumer wins

To bad Pascal already won, when the other team didn't even show to the game.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

11 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Nah, Cooler Master used a 3rd party design, and got sued by Asetek.

http://techreport.com/news/29092/asetek-wins-injunction-against-cooler-master-liquid-coolers

Not only that, but it wasn't coil whine, it was the actual pump making that horrific noise. It was cheap, and literally a knockoff.
The Asetek design AMD went with for the ungodly hot and power hungry 295X2 was marvelous. If they got for an AIO again, I hope they don't penny pinch, and just go for the top dog again.

The whole pump whine issue with the Fury X was another knock against them, and they really can't afford bad PR light that on another launch.

Same for if they go with a reference air cooler, it better be a proper vapour chamber cooler that can handle the TDP.

Otherwise we might end up with another 290X launch, where they just reused the 7970 cooler, and ran at 95 degrees and throttled.

Ahh, right, pump, badly worded. Yeah I expected quality was lower to keep the cost. 

Forgot it was different for 295X2 though. 

So yeah hopefully it's a vapour chamber air cooler or great AiO cooler. 

I have reference R9 290 so yeah, needs custom fan curve cause when it's strained it needs cooling. Noise not big problem cause I use headset. Reason I got reference was that it was cheap and custom ones were late like 2 months after or so and I already had build ready pretty much. 

But yeah, next card either custom air cooled or AiO one :)

20 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Vega vs Pascal, guess who wins?

Consumer wins

Volta. 

Lol just joking.

49 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Remember, Vega, like a wizard arrives exactly when they intend to.

More like the wizard that took the wrong path and has fallen into a infinity portal

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

More like the wizard that took the wrong path and has fallen into a infinity portal

The wizard fell down the stairs and hit his head 

19 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

19 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

The wizard fell down the stairs and hit his head 

That can only be true if it still hasn't been announced and shown off by the last day of June.

Until the Wizard is still well on his way, keeping to his original ETA.

They'll probably announce Vega but will have just a virtual launch and you won't get your hands on the cards until like October or November.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

That can only be true if it still hasn't been announced and shown off by the last day of June.

Until the Wizard is still well on his way, keeping to his original ETA.

The wizard came to fight the dragon but by the time he showed up The whole town was burned down then he was struck by lightning 

1 minute ago, Spenser1337 said:

The wizard came to fight the dragon but by the time he showed up The whole town was burned down then he was struck by lightning 

Nah man, some under dog shot that dragon with a black arrow after the dragon reaped the area of it's gold and treasures and tried to burn that town down.