[Build Log] Zeuligan build - white leather Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900

13 hours ago, Natsoup said:

I am a little confused, are you mounting the rad outside the case? I love the carbon fiber wrap, very clean and professional. Good fan choice as well. This will be a masterpiece :D

Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated. 

Understand the confusion :) I plan to mount the radiator on the outside of the inner case frame. Then on top of the radiator the outer case frame (the plastic and aluminum parts) so it will be encapsulated. I should have enough airflow and clearance is enough due to the thin 420 x-flow. Just above and to the side of the radiator is several vent-holes. They should be visible on some of my first posts in this thread, where I display the leather wrapping. 

Sometimes it ends up just as you hadn't planned and becomes better

Custom gaming PCs and scratch builds - Zeuligan computers

Thanks. well said.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

some nice work here!

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

On 08/07/2017 at 4:44 PM, BeardRex said:

This looks awesome!

Thank you VERY much. Very glad that you like it and took the time to tell me so. Means the world!

On 09/07/2017 at 9:17 PM, stealth80 said:

some nice work here!

Same to you. Thank you for your supporting words and positive feedback. MUCH appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

To ensure a clean look and lines that keep the eye occupied with details of my choosing. I decided to create a small fan bracket in carbon fibre for the top part of the amazing be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 case. 

I wanted to hide the edge of the fans. Even if I love be quiets! fans, the side of any fan is very busy and I felt a carbon fibre fan bracket would help keep it clean and exclusive. Also with the carbon fibre look of the be quiet! fan wings it should make for a perfect match.

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon4-e15028882

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon3-e15028881

First I got some angled aluminium in the right dimension. Filed down 1,3mm to ensure a perfect match in height after adding the carbon fibre vinyl from 3M.

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon2-1024x424.

To ensure correct measurements I made a quick mockup of the fan bracket in Fusion360. Made measurements and working much quicker

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon9-1024x677.

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon10-1024x680

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon11-1024x680

Added some mounting brackets to combine mounting of the bracket with the top bracket of the case and fans. Primed and painted the entire bracket black before wrapping the front in 3M di-noc carbon fibre vinyl.

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon5-e15028882

Many small angles and extrusions in the top part of the cabinet. So took some measurements and filling to make it fit, but after about 1h of work, it was all done and fitted perfectly.

Finished result

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon6-1024x680.

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon7-1024x680.

custom-top-fan-bracket-carbon8-1024x680.

It's a really big day for me, as I been approached, and landed my first ever sponsor!

It feels extra special as I had already picked so many for their products by my self, when planning the project. After their trust and generosity, I'm switching PSU to be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 and will exclusively use be quiet! Silent Wing 3 PWM fans. 

Feels unreal and very exciting all at the same time. I'm ecstatic and humble and will move into highest gear to finish this, my first modding project, project Zeuligan. Now with the support of my sponsor be quiet! 

be-quiet_Logo_pos_RGB_small.jpg

On 18/08/2017 at 6:42 PM, LtRavens said:

Wow this looks great (O_O ) 

Thank you very much <3. 

1 hour ago, PoznanskaPyra said:

Yes. This is awsome :)

Glad you like it. Means the world. Will do a big mod run this weekend, so hope to add a lot of fun updates. Next step is to mod the inside front and create a large fan cover for the 3 front fans. Stay tuned :D

11 hours ago, Zeuligan said:

Will do a big mod run this weekend, so hope to add a lot of fun updates.

The progress is looking great! Im excited to see the results of your fun weekend of modding!  Out of curiosity, are you going to be using the stock PSU cables, or getting some made, or even trying out sleeving yourself? I ask not to disparage the stock cables of the Be quiet PSU, but because sleeving is a fun mod!  Cheers!

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

11 hours ago, Zeuligan said:

Glad you like it. Means the world. Will do a big mod run this weekend, so hope to add a lot of fun updates. Next step is to mod the inside front and create a large fan cover for the 3 front fans. Stay tuned :D

Congrats on sponsorship! Followed! I came late to the party, but I am here to stay. Nice build so far. Have you approached 3m for a sponsorship opportunity? You have sung their praises quite thoroughly in this thread... Nah! Nice man!

Love the build, can't wait for the weekend to see more! 

-Nailo

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Happy I found this, Really enjoying the build, A case I've never had much attraction to but man very very nicely done. 

Looking forward to more!

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

5 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Congrats on sponsorship! Followed! I came late to the party, but I am here to stay. Nice build so far. Have you approached 3m for a sponsorship opportunity? You have sung their praises quite thoroughly in this thread... Nah! Nice man!

Love the build, can't wait for the weekend to see more! 

-Nailo

You are not late to the party, appetisers are all done, time for the first DJ set :)

Thank you so much for your kind word. Unreal for me, as it's my first build to be approached for a sponsorship, but very humble and proud. Nope, haven't approached 3M, hehehe, but tried out 6 different brands before I got recommended di-noc from an architect friend. Love it. 

Just ordered a new Dremel Moto-Saw, hope it arrives tomorrow in time for weekend fun :D

Thank you for the follow, hope I can honor your trust and interest.

5 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Happy I found this, Really enjoying the build, A case I've never had much attraction to but man very very nicely done. 

Looking forward to more!

I can honestly say, that I shopped around for case a long time (as I write in my first blog post on my site) for the right case and it feels like a very solid choice. Many talented modders in this forum has done builds in it and they praise it as well. Check out Bulldogge build - Amphibious as an example. I'm glad I made that pick and purchase before the sponsor. That way I feel I can keep promoting my love for that case. 

Thank you very much and hope I can keep attracting your interesting in the future updates :)

8 hours ago, Zeuligan said:

You are not late to the party, appetisers are all done, time for the first DJ set :)

Thank you so much for your kind word. Unreal for me, as it's my first build to be approached for a sponsorship, but very humble and proud. Nope, haven't approached 3M, hehehe, but tried out 6 different brands before I got recommended di-noc from an architect friend. Love it. 

Just ordered a new Dremel Moto-Saw, hope it arrives tomorrow in time for weekend fun :D

Thank you for the follow, hope I can honor your trust and interest.

Is this your first major mod, or have you done this sort of thing before? Congrats again btw!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

On 2017-08-24 at 4:01 AM, Voxels-Box said:

The progress is looking great! Im excited to see the results of your fun weekend of modding!  Out of curiosity, are you going to be using the stock PSU cables, or getting some made, or even trying out sleeving yourself? I ask not to disparage the stock cables of the Be quiet PSU, but because sleeving is a fun mod!  Cheers!

I will try to sleeve my own cables. Just bought MDPC-x sleeves and tools for 350€. Scary, but will be fun to try to learn this art :-) 

On 2017-08-24 at 6:46 PM, Aelar_Nailo said:

Is this your first major mod, or have you done this sort of thing before? Congrats again btw!

It's my first ever mod. I have built a few computers previously, but ugly office stuff

Looks good so far man. Keep the attention to detail going and it can only get better.

I really should do my own cables, but I can be bothered...so good on you for having a go at that as well...Good Luck

The Fleet List

Spoiler

Galactica - Main PC - Intel 5960X, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, Corsair AX1200i, EVGA Titan X, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850Pro 2TB..Triple Monitors and Watercooled in a Corsair 750D Running Windows 10
Destiny - HTCP - Intel i5 6400, 16GB Corsair Vengence LXP, Corsair SF450 PSU, Asus Strix H720I Gaming MOBO, Corsair MP500 240GB SSD in a Node 202 running Ubuntu Server for PLEX and other home theatre tools.

UNSC Forward Unto Dawn - iPad Pro 12inch

USS Daedalus - 2015 Mac Book Air

Colonial Viper - Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Resurrection Hub - Synology DS1818+ with 5 WD Red 4TB Drives

Works in Progress... Threadripper ... Ryzen 5 ... Radio Station Servers

To match the rest of the inside of the case I decided I wanted to cover part of the front fans and the area around it. It's a sin to cover the beautiful be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans them self, so knew it had to be semi transparent and only from the inside.

After playing with some ideas on paper I knew what I wanted to create. A similar solution as the inside case wall I previously created in carbon fiber with a depth and layer in white carbon.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-00-1024

Got my new Dremel 4000 ready to help me do this mod. Would be first mod on this case that isn't 100% done by hand in that case :)

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-01-768x

First I had to put the custom case parts back together

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-02-768x

This is the where I will be creating my inside front fan shroud. My thought was to go from the custom floor all the way to the top and into the side to my previous custom inside wall.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-04-1024

First, as I always do, I created a prototype in cardboard to check my idea, design flaws and find room for improvements. Felt like this idea would be awesome.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-03-768x

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-05-768x

Took out my acrylic 5mm and went to work. I have ordred a Dremel Moto-Saw, but it's delayed, so cut a demo piece up by hand saw. Just as previous mods :D

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-06-768x

I bought a new 130 mm drill saw for this mod and it was just perfect. The beautiful 140mm Silent Wing 3 fans measure 135mm from inside to inside on the back. Left a few overlapping mm to my advantage. After a final test it was time to do the real deal.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-07-768x

Cut a 150mm wide and 360mm long piece and measured and market center line and where to drill the holes.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-08-768x

The size of that 130mm drill saw is just huge, but with some slow drilling the acrylic hardly melted and it was easy to cut my holes without any incidents.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-09-1024

Not bad, not bad at all. Perfectly centered and in the right place.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-10-768x

When I bought the drill saw I also picked up some diamond shaped aluminum mesh. It will look awesome together with my carbon fiber. Took measurements and cut a large rectangle in 145x355mm.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-11-1024

After cutting a 22mm wide and 360mm long acrylic side I "glued" them together with some awesome Acrifix 116. Invisible and strong bonding - yes please.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-12-768x

I just had to use my new Dremel tool, so sanded down any residue from my bonding (it flows very richly) and to ensure a smooth edge. When wrapping in carbon, I always sand down the corner edge into a soft round edge. This to ensure a nice smooth transition in the carbon vinyl and take away any risk of cutting the vinyl when it's heated and fragile.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-13-1024

I was very happy with the outcome. First time I used Acrifix 116, but will never use anything else for my acrylic bonding. So much stronger and better then superglue that I previously used.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-14-1024

A quick test fit with the mesh loose behind the fan shroud frame. Getting more and more excited the longer I work on this mod.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-15-1024

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-16-768x

As the backside of the shroud will be slightly visible from the front, when the fans isn't spinning, I painted the whole backside  black and painted the mesh black on both sides. One step closer to finish.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-17-780x

Wrapped the front on carbon fiber vinyl from 3M di-noc. Starting to get the hang of this now. Looks stunning if I can say so my self. Will make the amazing be quiet! Silent Wings 3 look even more beautiful and match their carbon looking wings.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-18-768x

I glued on the mesh with superglue and put pressure on it while setting. Finished of with some random dots of super glue in between the mesh.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-19-1024

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-20-779x

VERY happy with the outcome. Even better then I imagine when I first thought of this mod. One last thing to fix. The inside white carbon edge. Just as on my inside wall. To create depth and contrast.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-21-1024

First I cut and glued (Acrifix 116) the parts together.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-22-1024

Then I wrapped it in white carbon fiber from 3M di-noc. Hard to get such a small piece (12mm height) perfect without any edges and complete coverage on all edges. Think I did alright.

The finished result.

inside-front-fan-shroud-zeuligan-23-680x

Like, this is really well done dude, pat yourself on the back, looks amazing! 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

33 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

Like, this is really well done dude, pat yourself on the back, looks amazing! 

Thank you very much m8 <3

Wow! Look, I was pretty proud of the mods I had done before I saw this post, (one of which you should totally check out... "Nzxt h440 elite") but holy fkn shit you work looks great! Totally inihillated my work! Totally subbed!

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

11 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

Wow! Look, I was pretty proud of the mods I had done before I saw this post, (one of which you should totally check out... "Nzxt h440 elite") but holy fkn shit you work looks great! Totally inihillated my work! Totally subbed!

You should be proud. If you are happy with what you did, then celebrate :) as we all mod to the best and for our own satisfaction. I'm grateful that you like my work. Thx m8

12 hours ago, LtRavens said:

I can't wait to see the finally product oh my gosh! xP

Glad you like it LtRavens. Hope I can deliver on the full project. A little nervous as it's my first mod and my first time working with water cooling. Buy hey, learn by doing ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I had planned all along to learn the skill of sleeving my own cables. Feels like the thing you should know as a serious modder. At least that is how I feel about it. The color scheme is fairly simple for this build and decided to go full pro. MDPC-X sleeves in all shades of grey combined with Black, Shade-19, Carbon-BTI and the brand new White Carbon fiber.

First of all I had to stock up on all tools, wires, crimps and connectors needed. Always more expensive and more of an adventure the first time...

mdpc-x-cable-sleeving-crimp-tool-e150540

Such amazing tools with the outcome of great result. I have studied a lot of YouTube vids about sleeving and read many guides. They all talk about the importance and difficulty of crimping and pre-crimping. I didn't have any problems with MDPC-Xs own amazing crimping tool.

mdpc-x-cable-sleeving-18awg-cable-824x10

I did some measuring inside the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 case and came up with 50cm as the perfect length. I then cut 22 times 50cm lengths from the 18AWG black wire. Finally cut 2 times 50cm length from the 18AWG white wire. 

mdpc-x-sleeving-18awg-cable-striping-too

I bought a wire stripping tool at my local hardware store, but wasn't happy with length of the smallest strip. Modded the tool by supergluing a piece of 5mm acrylic to it and then filed it down to the correct size and shape. Worked perfectly after just one adjustment. Now it striped perfect amount of shield just to end at the very tip of the inner crimp of the ATX pin.

mdpc-x-crimping-tool-pre-crimp-atx-1024x

It's worth mentioning again. The MDPC-X crimping tool CTX3 made this so simple. The small inside edge to guide the pin just makes it dummy proof.

mdpc-x-crimping-tool-pre-crimp-atx-3-965

Three distinct clicks later and the ATX pin is pre-crimped.

mdpc-x-heat-shrink-white-black-18awg-102

I had no doubt that I wanted to go for the heat shrink less method. Sleeves as beautiful as MDPC-X needs the best. Got both white and black wire and heat shrink. 

mdpc-x-cable-sleeving-grey-carbon-white-

Last, but not least, I had the actual sleeve. Beautiful craftmanship from MDPC-X. It just screams quality. I love the fact that they have so many colors to choose from and with 7 different shades of grey, I was more than happy to start sleeving for real. 

alphacool-cable-comb-sleeving-atx-1024x7

I went for Alphacool's aluminum cable combs. Very exclusive look and feel, but I have to admit that the jury is still out for the verdict. I'm trying to decide what I feel about the cap between every second cable.

mdpc-x-cable-sleeving-zeuligan-progress-

Some progress. I admit it took me a few tries to get the right amount of heat for sealing the sleeve. Need much more time/heat on the heat shrink than I first could imagin.

Decided to go with a MDPC-X White Carbon backside / layer 2. Finished!

mdpc-x-sleeving-zeuligan-grey-white-carb

mdpc-x-sleeving-zeuligan-grey-white-carb

Hope you like it. I admit I'm proud for my first time ever sleeving. Lots of first time for me in this my first mod :)

Don't be shy :)  Feedback / comment are most welcome.