[Build Log] Zeuligan build - white leather Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900

On 2018-01-04 at 7:38 PM, ewmin3m said:

I was wondering if you'll be doing something to the front door/panel of the case? and perhaps even the top of the case to improve air flow.

I just finished my build in this case, but i'm not quite satisfied how the air flows in and out of the case; too many right angles for the air to pass through.

I was thinking of milling a pattern into the top panel and the front to make the air flow more linear.

I was looking at the Fractal design Meshify C front mesh panel, which comes off, but I don't think that piece is sold separately; that could've been an easy insert.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thx for posting m8. 

As I put my radiator actually outside the inner case frame (see earlier post) between the case frame and the aluminum outer case this was (and is) a big concern for me to. Will make the case to warm. I actually tried with acrylic fins on the inside of the front door to angle the air more to the fans, but couldn't measure any difference in volume of air going into the case. With my particular design with my 2nd floor I actually split the bottom 3rd fan between the case and the floor combined with a bottom fan in push I felt it would create enough turbulence. 

Also with a fully water cooled build I was hoping for the entire case to stay cold enough (still 9*140mm fans and 880ml or Reservoir ) and so far I haven't seen any problems. None-delided 7.7k at Mhz and 77C on absolute 100% max stress on 4 cores. 28C in idle 

One thing you can try if you are worried is to blow some smoke into each fan and see how the pattern of the smoke behaves. One easy visual way to check air flow pattern. 

I know I read somewhere on the forum about someone not happy with the airflow and drilled holes in the top aluminum case, but I didnt' want to do that due to the white leather and over all look and feel. 

To the rest of you. Sorry for the lack of build updates. I quit my job 2 months ago and joined a small tech-startup. Haven't left work since :D. 

The build is finished, but I haven't had time to learn how to take photographs yet (bought some studio flashes but lot of stuff to learn before I can use them). 
Did one small photo session a few weeks ago (when home shortly to repack my suite case) so will leave a teaser picture and hopefully I can update the log with final pictures this coming weekend. /Love Zeuligan

zeuligan-end-shot2-1024x680.png

Sometimes it ends up just as you hadn't planned and becomes better

Custom gaming PCs and scratch builds - Zeuligan computers

Hey man, I was wondering where you went. Glad you found a job that makes you happy and reduces stress. Now back to the build... *clears throat* god dayum this build is too clean my guy! At this point I don't know if I'd even use it as a PC. Probs just put it up on a shelf and clean it once a week lol. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Strange feeling, but the build is actually done.

Scary, very scary, but done. So many my first;

• First modding project

• First water cooling project

• First photo project

• First time sleeving

• First time working with acrylic or vinyl

• and much more.

I spent most of the morning frenetically turning nobs on my new studio flash and cursing the to narrow backdrop. Ended up with some images that actually worked. Point of no return. 

Hope you like the end result and as always, feel free to comment or ask questions if there is anything you want to know more about.

Thank you everyone that supported me me in this thread with engagement, help and comments and of course, a huge thank you to be quiet! that decided to sponsor this project half way in. 

zeuligan5-1-1024x1024.jpg

zeuligan12-1024x1024.jpg

zeuligan23-1024x828.jpg

zeuligan4-1-1024x1024.jpg

zeuligan24-1024x680.jpg

zeuligan11-1-1024x1024.jpg

zeuligan10-1-1024x684.jpg

zeuligan3-1-1024x987.jpg

zeuligan16-1024x680.jpg

zeuligan8-1-684x1024.jpg

zeuligan14-1024x701.jpg

zeuligan17-1024x680.jpg

zeuligan15-1024x694.jpg

zeuligan20-1024x905.jpg

zeuligan1-1024x829.jpg

zeuligan2-1024x684.jpg

zeuligan6-1024x1024.jpg

zeuligan7-1024x679.jpg 

zeuligan22-1024x813.jpg

zeuligan21-1024x769.jpg

zeuligan-end-shot2-1024x680.png

zeuligan18-1024x852.jpg

zeuligan19-1024x680.jpg

Great work man, this has been a long time coming. And ya the pics turned out pretty good. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

1 hour ago, LtRavens said:

Great work man, this has been a long time coming. And ya the pics turned out pretty good. 

Thank you and yeah. Helps to actually be home for more then one day :D Glad I'm in sync with work and life again and can start to plan next project :)

1 hour ago, KrZaj said:

Looks awesome!

Thx m8

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome build man!
I really appreciate how much effort you put into this :D
Do you know if it would be possible to attach rolls to the bottom of the dark base pro?

On 2018-02-03 at 12:34 PM, Gertsch said:

Awesome build man!
I really appreciate how much effort you put into this :D
Do you know if it would be possible to attach rolls to the bottom of the dark base pro?

Thx m8, always nice when someone appreciate what you do :)

What do you mean by rolls? Like custom stands? The 4 bottom original stands are clicked into the bottom (so they are detachable) and then fastened by a screw (if I remember correctly) Either way they are detachable so can be replaced with what ever you want. 

If that wasn't what you ment, just explain what you mean and I will do my best to help you :)

On 2/6/2018 at 4:23 PM, Zeuligan said:

Thx m8, always nice when someone appreciate what you do :)

What do you mean by rolls? Like custom stands? The 4 bottom original stands are clicked into the bottom (so they are detachable) and then fastened by a screw (if I remember correctly) Either way they are detachable so can be replaced with what ever you want. 

If that wasn't what you ment, just explain what you mean and I will do my best to help you :)

Thanks for the reply :)
I mean something like casters.
Thought there might be holes to mount casters or something.

2 hours ago, Gertsch said:

Thanks for the reply :)
I mean something like casters.
Thought there might be holes to mount casters or something.

Yeah, plenty of solutions for that :)

And the case (I just got my 2nd (cliffhanger hehehe)) is so beautiful and ooze of quality that you almost don't want to mod it. Can whole heartedly recommend that case to anyone (did buy the first one my self). It is just awesome in modularity, quality and space. 

• 8 months later...

Aaaand now I want a workshop, money to buy computer parts and the skill you possess. Great job dude!

CPU Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Z87-DELUXE RAM 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz 

GPU Nvidia GTX 770 Case Fractal Design R4 Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB & Western Digital 2TB HDD

PSU Corsair AX760i Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Naga Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64bit

On 10/23/2018 at 12:40 AM, hestolemydog said:

Aaaand now I want a workshop, money to buy computer parts and the skill you possess. Great job dude!

You honor me ❤️ Thank you so much!