PS4 units plagued "Blue light of Death". Possibly a cause of sabotage?

Post at /.

jones_supa writes"A classic game console freezing problem seems to affect the newest generation too. It has been found out that a bunch of Sony PlayStation 4s suffer of a problem which has been christened 'Blue Light of Death'. When a PS4 is turned on with a press of the power button, the light that runs along the side of the console should first pulse blue and then switch to white. At this point the console turns on the picture signal to the display device. Those who have a unit with the glitch are instead finding that their PS4 pulses blue, never goes to white and never outputs an image. We do not have accurate statistics of how widespread the issue is, but reports are popping up in Amazon reviews, Twitter, YouTube and other websites. PlayStation support is still in midst of investigating the issue, but has already posted a bunch of magic tricks you can try to get the console past the initial startup stage."

I think it's possible that this is directly related to this post.

I mean, if people are intentionally sabotaging PS4's at the factory, how can we tell how badly Sony screwed up this generation? Ugh. Way to throw off the numbers guys.

But seriously, this was coming. We all knew something would screw up, because something always does. But now, I think, it's hard to tell who's fault it is. Which is annoying. 

Oh well. For the PS4 owners that frequent this forum, how have your systems been doing? Any issues?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Post at /.

I think it's possible that this is directly related to this post.

I mean, if people are intentionally sabotaging PS4's at the factory, how can we tell how badly Sony screwed up this generation? Ugh. Way to throw off the numbers guys.

But seriously, this was coming. We all knew something would screw up, because something always does. But now, I think, it's hard to tell who's fault it is. Which is annoying. 

Oh well. For the PS4 owners that frequent this forum, how have your systems been doing? Any issues?

There are PS4 owners on this forum?

Wait a minute, how did I get to a console gaming section??

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I don't know how I got here too O.o

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

HA GAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

Here we go again...

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Yes, erm. I live with my family. Both my Sister and dad like playing on consoles, so we bought a PS4. My dad is an Engineer so he only uses his PC for work. He likes the idea of just pop the disk in and play (or click the title in the GUI if its downloaded from the PlayStation store).

As for me I play on both PC and PS4/PS3. Half of my friends play on console, and to be honest I usually play the exclusives (Killzone), Which actually looks quite impressive on the PS4 if I do say so myself( equivalent to ~high settings at 1080p, 45-55 fps if I had to eyeball it.)

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I am in the PEASANT section?!

Good... Good...

Let all these shitty consoles die out with their 'Red Ring of lulz' 'Blue Light of awakening' as soon as possible.

HA GAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

Here we go again...

I see literally nothing gay about this :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Gay....Gay everywhere!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Gay....Gay everywhere!

I know, my face is everywhere on this forum. You can't go 5 minutes without getting slapped by my rainbow :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Hail Sithis!

*read in a national geographical voice*

Remember the second a "fanboy" feels under threat he will let out many taunts, some of which don't make sense, this is a defence policy which goes back many thousands of years when cavemen would argue whether the X-stick one or the Stick station 4 was better and the dual wielders(pc fanboys) tend to get a little over board sometimes.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

There is a topic already for this

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I know, my face is everywhere on this forum. You can't go 5 minutes without getting slapped by my rainbow :)

Nah i didnt mean u.

But u r pretty sexy(full homo)

Specs of my PC:

Another symptom of HDMItis!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Nah i didnt mean u.

But u r pretty sexy(full homo)

call me ;)

Hail Sithis!

call me ;)

49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Stupid* or any other insult.

If you wanna be a homophobic asshole then pick another forum and fuck off right over there.

But....but I thought gay IS stupid? :o

Specs of my PC:

call me ;)

Maybe

Specs of my PC:

Maybe

Well, you had your chance and you blew it. :P

Hail Sithis!

Aaawww. :(

Specs of my PC:

when i buy my ps4 at the shop

ill just open it up right there and play a game in front of them  so i can replace it right at that moment if there was a problem like heating up or a firmware brick

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Any room for a third person ? ;)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Stupid* or any other insult.

If you wanna be a homophobic asshole then pick another forum and fuck off right over there.

What the hell dude, relax.. No one here is being homophobic or is offending homosexuals.. 

Anyway, the word "gay" did not originally refer to homosexuals.. So dont complain that society has given it a new meaning unless you are willing to complain that homosexuals changed the meaning in the 60s when they started using it to describe themselves..

That will be all..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald