Microsoft Edge vulnerability could let people hijack your Twitter (or any other) account

Nowak
On 4/26/2017 at 2:09 AM, Daring said:

How do you avoid this vulnerability, then? It's simple: you use a different browser.

How about "don't save passwords"? Instead of unchecking a box, they recommend people go download and learn a whole other browser? That's pretty sick. If the Honda Civic is the number one targeted car for thieves people are told to lock their doors, not get another car.

-KuJoe

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

You don't need one, wear a pair of gloves and unscrew the disc like you are opening a jar of jam.  I haven't used a grinder tool in decades.

I intend to grind down the screws so they look the part-I want to be able to remove the lid.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

57 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I intend to grind down the screws so they look the part-I want to be able to remove the lid.

Sounds like an awesome project, post pictures once your done. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

remember when this was about an edge vulnerability. man, those were the days.

Also, this vulnerability was patched on June 13 (source), so there's really not a whole lot to talk about here anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, Daring said:

Also, this vulnerability was patched on June 13 (source), so there's really not a whole lot to talk about here anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what do you expect from a topic as volatile as this

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

what do you expect from a topic as volatile as this

At least three mentions of the Illuminati, some reference to hitler and someone blaming the democrats/republicans.   Until that has happened it's not a  proper internet thread.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

At least three mentions of the Illuminati, some reference to hitler and someone blaming the democrats/republicans.   Until that has happened it's not a  proper internet thread.

I'd act shocked if it weren't for the fact that this wouldn't surprise me anymore if it did happen.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 hours ago, Daring said:

Ah, thanks for the update, that's why this saw attention all of a sudden again; wondering if it had ever been fixed :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.