Razer kraken pro opinions?

stryker:

So, i'm checking out some new peripherals . Most of my friends have had a good experience with razer products, so i plan on getting them. I'm one of those people that likes having the same type of products (so if i have a razer mouse, i want a razer headset), so my main issue is which headset i should buy. I'm on somewhat of a budget and the kraken pro seemed like what i need that also follows my budget.

Today is your lucky day you have been selected as one of the few people who dont buy that headset. Here at the linustechtips forums, we are gonna pair you up with a pair of headphones and a mic that will make you sund like Morgan Freeman (results mayvary) .

OKay, so what (if any) razer headset do you recommend?  Pef. $150-

None, I would get a nice headphones and get an external mic. Currently I am looking at the Sennheiser 558s and a Blue Snowball to replace my current audio set up.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

None, I would get a nice headphones and get an external mic. Currently I am looking at the Sennheiser 558s and a Blue Snowball to replace my current audio set up.

I've used set up like that before, i would mainly use it for gaming and i'm not much of a music person. I honestly prefer an all in one type of set up. Any headset you would recommend? 

You're fanboying for razer too hard... The blackwidow and the deathadder are good pieces of equipment, sure. But their audio is pretty bad for the price.

"gaming headsets" shouldn't exist. They dont 'play gaming sounds' better than other headsets. Get some good headphones (Sennheiser 555,558,595 or perhaps Audio Technica ATH-m50's or AD700x), a DAC and an amp, and you will be all set for the next 2 years at least.

As for the microphone to communicate, you could fork out for a desktop mic such as a yeti/snowball but a good price effective idea would be the mod mic, which is designed to mount your headphones and is easily detached or retracted. It has much better quality than any *shudders*  'gaming headset' *could ever provide. You stated you wanted it "all-in-one" well, this technically is.

If you're really dead-set on getting a razer gaming headset for whatever impulse could make a human do that, just get the carcharias and don't be surprised by the average mic quality.

I've used set up like that before, i would mainly use it for gaming and i'm not much of a music person. I honestly prefer an all in one type of set up. Any headset you would recommend? 

no offense but you honestly havent if you are considering a gaming headset.

Razer Kraken is good (I have one) prefered my Logitech G35 tho (ears worn out).

Just answer his question, Razer's audio quality isnt great but if you were gonna get one I would get either the kraken 7.1 or the kraken pro. Razer is good if you have a lot of their stuff, purely because you can use synapse2.0 to get a really good gaming setup. Those are my recommendations but their are probably some better headsets/audio setups out there.

Your resident noob, Brit

<p> AMD FX-8350 CPU, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo, Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory,Samsung 840evo 120gb ssd, Samsung 840evo 256gb ssd, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB Graphics card, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) Case, Corsair CS 750W 80+ Gold PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium

Is there a threshold when the regulars on here just feel like saying, "Yeh go ahead and get exactly what you're asking for, noooo headsets aren't a waste of money. Why not buy two or three pairs and throw in two sound cards because we all know two is better than one. SLI soundcards FTW!"

...I'm starting to feel like that with every thread where guys just want opinions on justifying their purchase. If this guy wants a razer, he's gonna get a razer, he just wants the confirmation that he can join the accepted club. Otherwise I'm sure all the guys who truly wanted good audio would have checked the FAQ or actually posted about an audio product, not a peripheral.

Goodluck. if you want a headset get a headset. If you want great audio, a great gaming/music/listening experience grab some headphone in your price range.

Oh and what's that you need a mic, no probs: blue snowball, blue yeti, mod mic, zalman clip on, vmoda boompro, amazon, ebay, tin can with string.

Is there a threshold when the regulars on here just feel like saying, "Yeh go ahead and get exactly what you're asking for, noooo headsets aren't a waste of money. Why not buy two or three pairs and throw in two sound cards because we all know two is better than one. SLI soundcards FTW!"

...I'm starting to feel like that with every thread where guys just want opinions on justifying their purchase. If this guy wants a razer, he's gonna get a razer, he just wants the confirmation that he can join the accepted club. Otherwise I'm sure all the guys who truly wanted good audio would have checked the FAQ or actually posted about an audio product, not a peripheral.

Goodluck. if you want a headset get a headset. If you want great audio, a great gaming/music/listening experience grab some headphone in your price range.

Oh and what's that you need a mic, no probs: blue snowball, blue yeti, mod mic, zalman clip on, vmoda boompro, amazon, ebay, tin can with string.

I mostly ignore these types of threads as there's just some people, like you said, who just want gratification. All you can do is kindly point them to the peripherals section.

I have the Razer Kraken Pro because it has the 3 pin that goes to my phone. They have really good sound quality when playing things like music and stuff from your phone. Bass is really nice and overall quality sounds good... when you try to get it for Desktop only play... thats when it can probably be outdone.. a lot.. My laptop also has the same 3 pin connection for the Kraken Pro so thats another bonus for them (for me).

EDIT: It does come with a 3 pin to 2-2 pin (regular desktop headphone splitter is all it is) but that broke on me so now I use it as just a 3 pin headset (you can still plug it in a stereo output and listen to audio but you can't use the mic without the splitter unless you have a native 3 pin input on your device).

How about....no headsets! :D
Get a Snowflake and have that chill on your desk by/on/around your monitor! And get a pair of legitimate headphones!

I would recommend the Logitech G930 i love it

and so does my buds, i was on a lan party was about 20 guys and and about 15 of them got the G930

Great sound with deep bass, a pretty good mic and it's wireless

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

c21d9b9774bf081d7cbc6e4398c3888f.png

We have a peripherals section, sir.

The mods even moved it from Peripherals to Audio.  Even I'm confused.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

So obviously the kraken pro sucks, I don't really want to spend $300 on a pair of headphones + a snowball mic. 

So are there any headsets ($150-) that you recommend? Also, if you had to choose one, which razer headset would you pick? 

So obviously the kraken pro sucks, I don't really want to spend $300 on a pair of headphones + a snowball mic. 

So are there any headsets ($150-) that you recommend? Also, if you had to choose one, which razer headset would you pick? 

Change the r to an o and your set. 

I've demoed the HD380 from trusty rusty Sennheiser recently, and I was overly pleased. 

Guys why are you telling him to get headphones when he clearly wants a headset he already said he wants one so if he doesn't want one stop telling him to get one.

Anyway just look up some reviews on youtube.If dedicated mic and good headphones are better why do people like Sennheiser which have a gaming line of headset exist|Just a question of mine.

Guys why are you telling him to get headphones when he clearly wants a headset he already said he wants one so if he doesn't want one stop telling him to get one.

Anyway just look up some reviews on youtube.If dedicated mic and good headphones are better why do people like Sennheiser which have a gaming line of headset exist|Just a question of mine.

Because they cost more for no reason. 

Because they cost more for no reason. 

If he wants a headset he can go to the peripherals section. Sennheiser makes them because there is a market to fill for headsets that sound good and don't suck.

@EmoRarity Yes I know,But this guy is being stubborn so we'll just give him what he wants

@MayflowerElectronics Thanks for the explanation!Now why did you not quote or mention me :(

So are there any headsets ($150-) that you recommend? Also, if you had to choose one, which razer headset would you pick? ou're 

Sennheiser HD558

AD700X

I think the DT990 and DT770 may be a more but also good options.

Grab a cheap mic and you're fine. If you want boom mic you can try what I did with my $1.30 ebay mic.