Budget Ryzen Build (Also First Build)

Just now, Marenoc said:

Is there a performance difference or compatibility question with m.2 is what I mean

No performance difference whatsoever just m.2 don't need wires.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

How much is the ssd Plus? Prices for 120gb SSDs are all over the place xD 

120GB SSD plus

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/m34NnQ/sandisk-ssd-plus-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-sdssda-120g-g26

120GB SP550

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qf98TW/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp550ss3120gmc

120GB Triton 150

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8xs8TW/ocz-internal-hard-drive-trn15025sat3120g

Yeah, that's where I got my prices from :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/SanDisk-Ultra-II-240GB-vs-PNY-CS1311-240GB/2548vs3615

Can't beat the ultra in random reads and random mixed xD 

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Fair enough

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

You know ssd prices are messed up when the 120gb costs as much as the 240gb.

How about 8GB of RAM now costs as much as the 16GB RAM I had bought basically 12 months ago? :D 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/SanDisk-Ultra-II-240GB-vs-PNY-CS1311-240GB/2548vs3615

Can't beat the ultra in random reads and random mixed xD 

Fair enough

How about 8GB of RAM now costs as much as the 16GB RAM I had bought basically 12 months ago? :D 

I still remember when the 850 evo 250gb was more like $80-$85 rather than $93 :/ 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

I still remember when the 850 evo 250gb was more like $80-$85 rather than $93 :/ 

I sold my 850 Evo 500GB for more than I bought it for...

Yep, you read that correctly...

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

I sold my 850 Evo 500GB for more than I bought it for...

Yep, you read that correctly...

Then wait for it to drop. Rinse and repeat.

This is getting like the stock market...

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Then wait for it to drop. Rinse and repeat.

This is getting like the stock market...

It's not even funny anymore, RAM pricing doubling is just FUCK ME HARD! xD 

Everyone's recommending using an SSD (which will give you a definite boost in speed), but since you're saving money, I'd say stick with the HDD you already have for now and worry about the SSD later.  Upgrading to an SSD if you want to do that later is easy enough.

15 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

Everyone's recommending using an SSD (which will give you a definite boost in speed), but since you're saving money, I'd say stick with the HDD you already have for now and worry about the SSD later.  Upgrading to an SSD if you want to do that later is easy enough.

Agreed, if OP doesn't have the budget for it they might as well.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

It was definitely First thing in my upgrade path.

1. SSD

2. MOAR FANS

3. GFX Card (better power/cooling efficiency) - Windforce GTX 970ish

FULL CUSTOM WATER COOLED = AMD Ryzen 1700X + AsRock B450 itx/ac + 2x8GB ADATA D10 DDR4 + EVGA GTX 1070 FTW  Integra 450W SFX + Intel 660p 1TB SSD + Modded Fractal Design Node 202

11 minutes ago, Marenoc said:

It was definitely First thing in my upgrade path.

1. SSD

2. MOAR FANS

3. GFX Card (better power/cooling efficiency) - Windforce GTX 970ish

4. More lights!  Everyone knows LED strips, UV CCFLs, and UV reactive fans and sleeving makes the computer faster. :D

The SSD is definitely one of the best upgrades to keep a PC running quick.  Even my old EEE PC (Nvidia ION version) is still a reasonably quick portable computer since I gave it an SSD upgrade.