What Do You Collect?

Tocsin_786

I collect mugs (and some bottles), and it all started with the Mickey Mouse mug in the middle I received when I was 2 years old. My favorite mug is the Batman mug.

What do you guys collect? Pictures would be cool to see! 

20170409_225944_HDR.thumb.jpg.1e7ff3ab9770cf115fb3088723482a03.jpg

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

1 minute ago, Computerguy365 said:

I collect old electronics/tech, diecast cars and some old bottles and cans.

Hide contents

IMG_0154.thumb.JPG.1b75a39f0963b645a2d8b41181ec4857.JPG

Those cars are awesome, and how is the NES? I still want to get one. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Just now, Tocsin_786 said:

Those cars are awesome, and how is the NES? I still want to get one. 

Thanks and the NES is pretty good, I like it.

College debt, kill me now.

Nah, I have a small Hess truck collection from when I was young but other than that I don't really collect anything. I don't really have the space for collections nor the money.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, Vulrax said:

I collect memes

But only the dankest of memes, yeah?

I collect lanyards. NCIX, 2x Hollywood ones, Mushkin RAM, TurboTax, Brother (printers), Spotify (can't buy these :P), a DeviantArt one (before they shutdown the merch store), various Staples Canada ones, and a few others. Would have loved to get an LTT one, but alas, I'm not paying more than double the lanyard cost for shipping from 'Murica.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

This is where I say something that's massivly pretentious like: "i collect life experiences" and then proceed to show off 700 vacation photos. 

But I collect something as basic as music. 

I couldn't be bothered to go downstairs to take a picture of the entire collection, so here are the media waiting to be ripped or digitized.

CDs
IMG_20170410_085328.thumb.jpg.5951655463966c7e344e849dfed95a6b.jpg
All three drawers are full, but I couldn't pull more out or the entire thing would fall over.

Cassette tapes
IMG_20170410_085403.thumb.jpg.9bc105dd065f65c59523654c19e630eb.jpg

Vinyl records
IMG_20170410_085447.thumb.jpg.ac7010edc4097035a094f170b6ac2fd5.jpg

That's roughly 700 CDs, 60 cassette tapes and 200 records including the 7" and 10" records.

All in all my collection is somewhere in the ballpark of 4500 CDs, 300 cassette tapes and 1200 vinyl records.

I guess "collector" is too nice a word. "Horder" seems more appropriate.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Gadgets & Mechanical keyboards.

Pft, nerds.

I only have one thing, a Halo 3 limited edition mountain dew bottle.

Music and music related things, like patches for vests. I'd guess about 300+ CD's. 

Spoiler

jF1pHiW.jpg

QAAAAwc.jpg

sOc2kNe.jpg

HIlkALL.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Games and Pokemon stuff. Mainly Pokemon cards when I say Pokemon stuff.

I have, as of now, over 500 games and over 6000 (different) Pokemon cards.

Most of this stuff is found at flea markets or thrift shops, because if I bought all my stuff at 'new' prices, it would be killing.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I collect things to worry about.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

11 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

College debt, kill me now.

Nah, I have a small Hess truck collection from when I was young but other than that I don't really collect anything. I don't really have the space for collections nor the money.

Yea I don't have the space either, and my collection is really small cuz of my student expenses. My mugs sit in a corner shelf in my tiny closet. 

Games and computers, all of which are probably faster than your pleb main rigs.

I originally wanted a computer per generation of intel processor up to the P4, the only thing I'm missing is a 386 and an 8088. In the process I have one too many 486 though, probably should ditch that ibm tower on the floor there. 

nKYhylL.jpg

vVOcRJY.jpg

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Rocks and minerals, I won't even bother to take pictures until I have a proper way to display them all.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

4 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

-snip-

The sides of GameCube and PS2 look so much cooler in the NTSC regions. In PAL it's just plain white with blue/black letters. Nintendo DS North America cases are more convenient too, they are a lot slimmer.

Also, what DS game is that under the Pokemon game? The one with red letters.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Depression and memories of self embarrassment.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Money /thread.

In all seriousness, I would say it's Code Geass related memorabilia, as well as various collector's editions of games (mostly for the figurines)

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

I collect ARM devices... I don't know why but I love these little things.

-KuJoe