5.1 audio reciever under $100 USD?

snoopunit

I recently moved, and I somehow managed to misplace the receiver for my 5.1 system. It's fairly old and only supports RCA output. Does anyone know of a new(ish) receiver that I could snag for less than $100 USD that would support HDMI/3.5mm? I've been looking through newegg and amazon, but everything seems to be a bit out of my price range. I've also never shopped around for something like this, so maybe I'm not looking in the right areas.

EDIT: for clarification, I only need a receiver as I still have all of the speakers/sub

3 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

So you need an amplifier or a sound card?

amplifier? It's a home theater system technically, but I would like to be able to plug it into my PC as well for when I don't want to use headphones. with the old receiver, I had a custom red/white RCA -> 3.5mm cable made that I plugged into my pc. worked great other than the fact that the audio was only ever playing on two speakers. maybe I should just grab a whole new kit designed for PC? seems like that's a cheaper solution

48 minutes ago, snoopunit said:

I recently moved, and I somehow managed to misplace the receiver for my 5.1 system. It's fairly old and only supports RCA output. Does anyone know of a new(ish) receiver that I could snag for less than $100 USD that would support HDMI/3.5mm? I've been looking through newegg and amazon, but everything seems to be a bit out of my price range. I've also never shopped around for something like this, so maybe I'm not looking in the right areas.

EDIT: for clarification, I only need a receiver as I still have all of the speakers/sub

I think your best bet is going to be used on Craigslist or Ebay as most of the ones I would actually consider decent on Amazon start off at about $200.00.

On 04/04/2017 at 5:47 PM, snoopunit said:

On 04/04/2017 at 6:19 PM, DoctorZeus said:

only on ebay

On 04/04/2017 at 6:39 PM, WMGroomAK said:

I think your best bet is going to be used on Craigslist or Ebay as most of the ones I would actually consider decent on Amazon start off at about $200.00.

Agreed - @snoopunit for $100, you can get a pretty high end receiver on eBay. It'll be used of course, but it should still be perfectly fine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)