LevelCap's Take on BF4

I think it's fair to say that everybody who has played the game thus far has developed an opinion of some sort. I personally enjoy it. A lot, despite all the bugs and crashes; as someone who has played since day 1, I can vouch that the patches have made a HUGE difference but the game is still far from perfect. I myself have logged 60 hours of multiplayer game time (447h in BF3, both with Premium) at the time of posting, with a hefty majority of those hours being with and against some astounding MLG players (a few guys from inV, wkd, ADK and M4D). But who better to tell you about what's right and wrong about Battlefield 4 then the man who plays it for a living. Enter LevelCapGaming:

I personally agree with nearly everything LevelCap mentions in this video. It's a known fact that DICE was pushed to release BF4 way before it was ready, and it's apparent in how the game has played out so far. For those who are still on the wall about whether they should buy the game or not, here's a video to help you with that decision.

LevelCap's topics:

- Squad spawning (insta-dying)

- Player GUI (cluttered overlay)

- DMRs (weapon balance, underpowered)

- Vehicles (exploits, unbalanced, gunship, scout + attack helicopters, attack boat, transport helicopters)

- Map balance (Lancang Dam)

Discuss.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I haven't had  a chance to play yet (still at school), but I was one of those crazy people who pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe and then got Premium.  I loved BF3 and BC2 (got into BF2 a abit past its prime).   I trust DICE to fix the problems but I am dissapointed the game was pushed out so early.  BF3 is such a different game now after all the DLC than when it was released, I have about 350 hours in and I am not tired of it at all!  I understand BF4 is not as ready as it should be right now, but I am confident that at about DLC three and beyond, BF4 will be the bestmultiplayer FPS experiance of all time.  I can't wait to see what it looks like 2 years from now

Great video. I STRONGLY dislike spawn immunity, I'd rather have the lack of that black screen when spawning rather than have the immunity. Remember that most of the time, we're getting a tactical advantage by spawning on our squad rather than on, say, an objective, so we can't expect it to be less likely to die after spawning with our squad (but obviously it's too likely in its current state).

Most of the problems should be fixed in a few Days with the new Patch that's coming :D

RTX2070OC 

"DMR: Underpowered"

I just got a 4 kill streak with them in Operation Locker in a 64 man server. 

.. Yeah I'd say that's underpowered.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I tend to align my opinions with Levelcap in this case. I think BF4 is a good game but not what it should be. The netcode is not unbearable (all those people blaming netcode for all their deaths usually(not always) just suck :P). But still there are problems. Crashes being the number one issue, netcode being the second, and third being balancing.

I do think DMRs are pretty OP though. With the netcode the way it is by the time you hear the first shot you have already been mowed down. DMRs basically dominate anyone who is not currently aiming at the person and they can also hold their own against assault rifles.

Also Commander mode needs work. Specifically the voice chat. Squads need the ability to talk to the commander at all times. Or perhaps the squad leader can hit a different voip button to talk directly to the commander. Communication between commander and players is incredibly lacking right now.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I don't agree with LevelCap on the Littlebirds. He says they're overpowered, just because when you have a couple people repairing you, one person with a stinger will not take you down. Of course one person with a stinger wont take you down if you're being repaired... However, if you're against two people with stingers (as long as they're firing at relatively the same time), you will go down. Obviously the seat-swapping to reload flares needs to be fixed badly, but other than that I'd say the little birds are balanced.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

The DMR's are amazing I was so good with one I started getting "STOP CAMPING" Messages xD

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Alan Kertz lead gameplay designer for bf4 said that the spawn black screen is not easy to fix and that they are not going to raise the damage on dmrs.

http://gyazo.com/fc1d1c70afd254d891f7ac5be6dae07a

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

"DMR: Underpowered"

I just got a 4 kill streak with them in Operation Locker in a 64 man server. 

.. Yeah I'd say that's underpowered.

4 kills streak lol? Do you even call that a streak? But I do agree that DMRs are NOT underpowered.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

4 kills streak lol? Do you even call that a streak? But I do agree that DMRs are NOT underpowered.

... No. When I say "Kill Streak", it directly implies that the kills were in rapid succession.

That was within 7-10 seconds. Probably less. 

I'd call that a kill streak.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

... No. When I say "Kill Streak", it directly implies that the kills were in rapid succession.

That was within 7-10 seconds. Probably less. 

I'd call that a kill streak.

Oh, I rather think of a kill streak as a period of time in which you get x amount of kills without getting killed yourself.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14