SCRAP YARD WARS

Vandorlot

Will Linus and Luke do another scrapyard wars?

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

few issues with scrapyard wars:

- takes a lot of time and money to produce

- its a different idea each time, which they need to work out before they can even announce

- they probably need to get their "hands" on some guests for the show

Yeah they will, some time between now and 100 years from now, so you just need to wait.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah they will, some time between now and 100 years from now, so you just need to wait.

by the time it comes we will look at used "cheap" 1080ti and a 7700k for a budget gaming rig. 

Just now, UberGamerKing said:

I want them to do a RGB Scrapyard Wars

i have 3 contenders right here, quick note, all these pictures were taken in a lit room, so there's no exposure trickery here :P

Spoiler

cb1e7da074.jpg

879684e8c7.jpg

9ee4c2bdb2.jpg

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i have 3 contenders right here, quick note, all these pictures were taken in a lit room, so there's no exposure trickery here :P

Hide contents

cb1e7da074.jpg

879684e8c7.jpg

9ee4c2bdb2.jpg

But the real question is

CAN IT

RUN

CRYSIS

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Hide contents

cb1e7da074.jpg

879684e8c7.jpg

9ee4c2bdb2.jpg

n0gny.jpg

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

But the real question is

CAN IT

RUN

CRYSIS

here a 5 watt x1 can run it 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

But the real question is

CAN IT

RUN

CRYSIS

well.. the first one barely ran when it did, the second one is 20 years old, and the third one is a super low power media rig (aside from 20 watts of RGB.. xD)

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Reveal hidden contents

cb1e7da074.jpg

879684e8c7.jpg

9ee4c2bdb2.jpg

The first one is a fire hazard

The second one is actually pretty dank

The third one is just blue, not RGB

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

I have a Scrapyard Wars idea. Make a PC that is capable of Gaming, maybe $600? idk. But then turn it into a Demolition Derby Car, Add Wheels and a Motor, Shielding, weapons, whatever. Then fight to the Death. The Winner will be whos PC is still able to work, and drive.

Seriously, Take a pc case and mod it with motors and wheels. Take Lukes Flame thrower build and do the same thing and Cook the other PC, Maybe a Saw added to one of them. to cut the others in half. This will never happen but a cool idea.

Just now, UberGamerKing said:

The first one is a fire hazard

The second one is actually pretty dank

The third one is just blue, not RGB

the first one has actually caught fire 3 times, it still posts, but it squirts capacitor juices all over the place.

the second one is meant to be everything that hasnt been fashionable since the turn of the century

the third one *is* rgb, it's just set to blue ;)

Just now, manikyath said:

the first one has actually caught fire 3 times, it still posts, but it squirts capacitor juices all over the place.

the second one is meant to be everything that hasnt been fashionable since the turn of the century

the third one *is* rgb, it's just set to blue ;)

Ahhh

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

how about instead of Linus or Luke do scrapyard wars, have them be judges instead. have the guys that work at LinusMediaGroup do Scrapyard wars.

5 minutes ago, Dartermis said:

how about instead of Linus or Luke do scrapyard wars, have them be judges instead. have the guys that work at LinusMediaGroup do Scrapyard wars.

Berkel and Lite VS Taran and Dennis

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

8 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

I still want luke and linus to go to an ACTUAL F*cking scrapyard. Here is some of the stuff I have gotten at my local scrapyard:

Corsair 850w power supply - $2

Intel i5-3470 - $1

8GB DDR3 - $2

Lenovo LGA 1150 mothboard - $3

Given enough time, I could build a PC that would just stomp on anything linus can build as far as price/performance since every computer part (except the GPU) would cost me under $5.

scrapyard like as in a recycling place or a restore place?

10 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Like an actual scrap metal yard where people take scrap. A few of my local yards let me dig through the computers people turn in and buy them for 2 times scrap value. If you know what to look for, amazing deals like that can be found.

Yeah it would be pretty cool if they went to a place where companies dump their computers or something (or LTT can collect a lot of junk computers and store them). Then they have x amount of time to take a maximum amount of x computers. Then they can dissassemble these computers and build one good pc from it.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

On 3/20/2017 at 1:34 PM, Vandorlot said:

Will Linus and Luke do another scrapyard wars?

Are you listening to the WAN Show, they said they would start recording on Monday, Luke and Linus VS Kyle and Paul, in California.

17 minutes ago, Demjinn said:

Are you listening to the WAN Show, they said they would start recording on Monday, Luke and Linus VS Kyle and Paul, in California.

i know that this propably won't happen but i'd love to see like a massive scrap yard wars 'event' over all of the big PC tech channels like LTT, JaysTwoCents, Austin Evans e.t.c and have them all make separate videos on their channels with their builds and looking for parts e.t.c having around 6-8 of them it would make for a pretty interesting competition and it would be cool to see everyone participating. I'm sure that there would be quite a wide variety of systems and it'd be really cool to see what they all came up with 

On 3/24/2017 at 9:22 PM, Squibbies18 said:

i know that this propably won't happen but i'd love to see like a massive scrap yard wars 'event' over all of the big PC tech channels like LTT, JaysTwoCents, Austin Evans e.t.c and have them all make separate videos on their channels with their builds and looking for parts e.t.c having around 6-8 of them it would make for a pretty interesting competition and it would be cool to see everyone participating. I'm sure that there would be quite a wide variety of systems and it'd be really cool to see what they all came up with 

I totally agree.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

One is literally happening super soon in LA vs. Paul and Kyle.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

On 3/20/2017 at 4:48 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

here a 5 watt x1 can run it

*cough, cough* NINTENDO SWITCH *cough, cough*

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 3/24/2017 at 9:22 PM, Squibbies18 said:

They'd all have to be using the same economy at least. The Canadian dollar is weak in comparison to the American Dollar so LTT would lose points in price to performance ratio, unless there was a "adjusted price" rule. But even still I dont think that would be entirely fair. 

I'm totally for this idea, even if it is jsut a pipe dream.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25