Intel Acquires Mobileye

AlexWalters08
  • Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) acquires Mobileye (NYSE:MBLY) for $63.54 per share.
  • The company says the $15.3B deal will position it as a leading technology provider in the autonomous vehicle industry, seen as a $70B market by 2030.
  • INTC -1.61% premarket to $35.33. MBLY +33.30% to $63.01.

Sources: http://seekingalpha.com/pr/16768758-intel-acquire-mobileye and http://seekingalpha.com/news/3250566-intel-confirms-acquisition-mobileye

What do you think about Intel's latest step into the autonomous vehicle industry?

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

Another autonomous vehicle player?! Oh lord gaben, could someone pleaee come up with something new and innovative for once -.-? Everyone is copying everyone, smh. Booooring.

Groomlake Authority

Many companies will burn a lot of money with their autonomous driving cars.

Meanwhile the day I can no longer drive my car myself I'll just stop having cars and put all my money hardware instead and stay home lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Intel inside (cars)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Meanwhile the day I can no longer drive my car myself I'll just stop having cars and put all my money hardware instead and stay home lol

Well you actually don't need a car in my eyes. I actually never owned a car in my life and i can drive since 12 years.

i feel like self driving tech mainly will be great for public and group transport and logistics.

36 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Another autonomous vehicle player?! Oh lord gaben, could someone pleaee come up with something new and innovative for once -.-? Everyone is copying everyone, smh. Booooring.

Another? This is an acquision. It is the new smartphone market, everyone want to have a piece.

14 minutes ago, tlink said:

i feel like self driving tech mainly will be great for public and group transport and logistics.

Those are the areas self driving will start out in. Self driving will be great for *everyone*, since most traffic problems is human related.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Fix the formatting for night theme users.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Well you actually don't need a car in my eyes. I actually never owned a car in my life and i can drive since 12 years.

From your location in Germany i would agree with you i spent several months there and the public transit is great and even the transit between small cities is very well done.

That being said unless you live in very large cities (NY, Chicago, LA, etc) the US is awful for public transit and its basically required to have a car if you want to have a decently paying job. Which causes a lot of issues for low income people. Self driving cars and ride services and increased public transit plans are all amazing things to us people in the US and many of us cant wait for it to happen. Many of my coworkers have transit times that would be something like Köln to Dortmund, and depending on where you live in the US a 45 minute drive to work isnt uncommon.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

IMO this move seems to be taken considering ryzen launch.

This could be a contingency plan because their cpu market monopoly is gone which will drastically affect their profit.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

9 minutes ago, silberdrachi said:

From your location in Germany i would agree with you i spent several months there and the public transit is great and even the transit between small cities is very well done.

That being said unless you live in very large cities (NY, Chicago, LA, etc) the US is awful for public transit and its basically required to have a car if you want to have a decently paying job. Which causes a lot of issues for low income people. Self driving cars and ride services and increased public transit plans are all amazing things to us people in the US and many of us cant wait for it to happen. Many of my coworkers have transit times that would be something like Köln to Dortmund, and depending on where you live in the US a 45 minute drive to work isnt uncommon.

I can attest to this. I live in a town of roughly 350 people and the closest grocery store (Walmart) is 14 (rural) miles away, as is my office. My vehicle is my only option. All of the towns within a 100 mile radius of me don't have public transit.

OP: Grey lettering on a grey background = Fail.

<--- Dark theme User.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 hours ago, AlexWalters08 said:

What do you think about Intel's latest step into the autonomous vehicle industry?

Idk, what do you think?

On 4/29/2013 at 1:09 AM, Windspeed36 said:

[...]

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.

[...]

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Nice to see that Intel still knows how to blow money on stuff. :P

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy