How do I deal with this issue?

Zeke_
Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,
1 minute ago, Zeke_ said:

Nzxt s340

from the pictures, it looks like this case has rather tall feet ... put dust filters on all intakes and it should be fine, even on carpet

I am buying a PC case that has a downward facing power Supply but the issue is I plan on putting it under my desk which has carpet under it. I have heard that having your power Supply facing carpet on the ground isn't a good idea, what should I do to fix it? 

I plan lane on putting it in the right corner under the desk. 

IMG_3202.PNG

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

You can maybe put a wooden plank below it.

You could get a small plank or shelf for it to sit on under the desk so it can have clean air intake...  That would be your biggest concern.

Yes it is bad if you have the PSU facing downward onto the carpet but you can face it upwards so it pulls in air from the case rather than the floor.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

You can maybe put a wooden plank below it.

you beat me by about a second.

you can always just flip your power supply fan side up, if the case supports that.

otherwise, either put a wooden plank under it, or get something to "extend" the feet of your case so there's more room underneath.

Just now, Alaradia said:

you can also prop it up on dead hard drives 

i take it that comes from experience :P

1 minute ago, Alaradia said:

you can also prop it up on dead hard drives 

i wonder how many it takes

Just make sure to have something between the carpet and the chassis, so maybe a wood board?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

i wonder how many it takes

i usually just use 1 for each end and just 1 at lan parties i just have it tilted

all cases i have seen that have air intakes on the bottom also have feet that raise the whole case high enough above the floor.

unless you have a REALLY thick and REALLY soft and fluffy carpet where the feet literally "sink in" deep, it should not be a problem if you put the case on carpet.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Other than ventilation, I'd also be worried about dust, carpets tend to just "produce" dust somehow

not more than hardwood floors - the dust just does not form into dust bunnies and fly around as easily.

remember to vacuum regularly and put some dust filters on your intake fans if the case does not come with filters already

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Other than ventilation, I'd also be worried about dust, carpets tend to just "produce" dust somehow

6 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

all cases i have seen that have air intakes on the bottom also have feet that raise the whole case high enough above the floor.

unless you have a REALLY thick and REALLY soft and fluffy carpet where the feet literally "sink in" deep, it should not be a problem if you put the case on carpet.

His carpet looks like shag carpet Aka very dusty and very soft and thick also threads could get caught in the fan 

Just now, newgeneral10 said:

You could put the case upside down

well that would look weird ;)

another option would be something like this:
71RqeNGgcnL._SL1300_.jpg

so the tower is lifted off the ground alltogether and less likely to pull dust from the floor at all 

1 minute ago, newgeneral10 said:

flying computers are the new thing dood.  go for it

flying computers ... great idea ... helium filled harddrives are already a thing ... just make the whole tower airtight and fill the whole thing with helium :D

33 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

I am buying a PC case that has a downward facing power Supply but the issue is I plan on putting it under my desk which has carpet under it. I have heard that having your power Supply facing carpet on the ground isn't a good idea, what should I do to fix it? 

I plan lane on putting it in the right corner under the desk. 

What is the PC case? If it's something like a Define C or similar where it doesn't support an upward facing fan then you'll have to prop the case up on something like a plank of plywood. If it supports it (example, almost any other case, take a Define R5 for example) then have the fan face up.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What is the PC case? If it's something like a Define C or similar where it doesn't support an upward facing fan then you'll have to prop the case up on something like a plank of plywood. If it supports it (example, almost any other case, take a Define R5 for example) then have the fan face up.

Nzxt s340

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

1 minute ago, Zeke_ said:

Nzxt s340

from the pictures, it looks like this case has rather tall feet ... put dust filters on all intakes and it should be fine, even on carpet

4 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

Nzxt s340

Ah, well those have such tall case feet it shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't think.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

47 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

44 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Ah, well those have such tall case feet it shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't think.

Awesome! Thanks

#BudgetMasterRace