Youtube on Ipad 1 stopped working

So, I'm kind of in a bind here. I've been using google's youtube app for the last few years, until suddenly I couldn't load any videos, and I couldn't do anything with the app. I decided to re-install, however I can't download the older versions from the app-store anymore, since it tells me to upgrade to ios 8. A temporary solution I found is chrome, but it's much slower and I'd prefer using a dedicated app.

Thanks in advance.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

get a new ipad? That isn't support any more as is way out of date now.

I know that I probably should, but seeing as all I do with it is watching youtube, making notes and occasionally watching anime I've never seen the need to, and it would feel quite sour just to upgrade because I can't re-install and older version of an app.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

get a new ipad? That isn't support any more as is way out of date now.

ipad 1 is a tank, my friend bought one at launch for looking at pdfs and stream videos, it still works to this day. OP i suggest you jailbreak, you can find something in Cydia i am sure.  

Just now, monjessenstein said:

I know that I probably should, but seeing as all I do with it is watching youtube, making notes and occasionally watching anime I've never seen the need to, and it would feel quite sour just to upgrade because I can't re-install and older version of an app.

As much as I hate to say it, that is apple's way of doing things...

Plug your iPad to your computer, on iTunes, go to your iPad > Apps and it should give you a list of purchased apps. Simply install the YouTube app back on and hopefully it'll work for you. That's what I did to get YouTube back on my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2).

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

ipad 1 is a tank, my friend bought one at launch for looking at pdfs and stream videos, it still works to this day. OP i suggest you jailbreak, you can find something in Cydia i am sure.  

yep i have tossed that sucker across a room without a case(think 20+ feet). No cracks. Works fine.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

I was thinking of doing that yeah, so I'll look into it.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

As much as I hate to say it, that is apple's way of doing things...

Sadly yes, main reason I haven't gotten an Apple product since.