Do USPS deliver packages on a snow day?

DES7OY3R

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

In reality it depends on the severity of things. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I assume you're a kid.  Lemme explain something: Adults don't have snow days.  We just take longer to get to work.

giphy.gif

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 hours ago, DES7OY3R said:

Just curious I don't think so.

they do if it ant too bad . if your ups/fedex it doesn't matter they will just throw your package in the snow and you will find it destroyed . my case months later

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

The real world does not have snow days. Things just go much slower and instead of 50 packages delivered, its 20. Then it gets piled up over the next couple of days, and takes longer for it to be cleared.

I'm from Minnesota, here if people took snow days 70% of the year would be vacation.

Whats a snow day, 1cm 4cm 8cm?

Technically its any snow at all, so 0.001cm

1 minute ago, biker said:

Whats a snow day, 1cm 4cm 8cm?

Technically its any snow at all, so 0.001cm

no it's enough that the majority of the city physically can't move vehicles because the roads are so bad

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, DES7OY3R said:

Just curious I don't think so.

Yes they do.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Most 4x4's can rock out on snow days, but snow days have different requirement for different departments and facilities.

I pay no attention to authorities who tell people to stay off the roads, because I know how to drive in the winter. Most however do not.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

no it's enough that the majority of the city physically can't move vehicles because the roads are so bad

Technically this

9 hours ago, biker said:

I pay no attention to authorities who tell people to stay off the roads, because I know how to drive in the winter. Most however do not.

I'm sorry, but that's a really stupid thing to say. If roads are bad, you really don't want to be on them unless you absolutely have to go out. 

Driving in the snow is dangerous for even the best and most experienced drivers for numerous reasons -- most of all, the fact that you still have to deal with all the other drivers who don't have a clue what they're doing. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

They deliver packages? I thought they just made packages hitchhike and make their own way across the country.

That's the only explanation I've been able to come up with for how consistently they're late, at least.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

10 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Technically this

Incorrect.  Everyone in that video, bus driver, cop, plow operator, passengers, etc, are still trying to get to work or are at work that day.  That's adulthood.

Ain't you guys in America, I'd expect UPS to arrive in a fucking Apache helicopter and fire your parcel into your driveway using a tomahawk missile minus the explosive warhead.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

9 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Ain't you guys in America, I'd expect UPS to arrive in a fucking Apache helicopter and fire your parcel into your driveway using a tomahawk missile minus the explosive warhead.

That's only for government personnel, the rest of us get merchants on dying horses who wander the country with a bag and a list of names.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

Adults don't have snowdays. 

its snowing in nyc, my boss gave me the day off. soooo yeaa

It depends on where you live and how much snow you are getting.

If you are from a snow prone area and you aren't in blizzard conditions then yes USPS should be delivering.

However if you are in an area that rarely gets snow and it is actively snowing then no USPS won't likely be delivering.

Here in VA if were in the midst of a snow storm then USPS doesn't send drivers out.  However if the storm has passed the next day, even if there is a foot or two of snow on the ground, then deliveries will be made.  Although some areas that haven't been plowed yet may be skipped. 

21 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I assume you're a kid.  Lemme explain something: Adults don't have snow days.  We just take longer to get to work.

Lmfao - I definitely agree with your sentiment. But fuck that. If it's dangerous for me to drive to work, I'm calling in and taking a paid "personal day" off!

Of course, not everyone has that luxury. If you work hourly for example, there's generally no such thing as a paid day off (sick or otherwise).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I would agree with the sentiment on it depends on where you live...  Where I'm at, we've gotten over a foot of snow and they don't close the offices, however, a dusting of snow in Texas can shut everything down.  A lot of this comes from a safety and emergency services view point.  If you can't get fire, EMS or police out to a location, then the city is probably closed for business... 

On a side note, I think the temperature criteria to shut down office where I'm at is somewhere around -60 F (-51 C) and this is mainly due to vehicles not wanting to work at those temperatures. 

5 hours ago, mad dudy said:

its snowing in nyc, my boss gave me the day off. soooo yeaa

Lucky you. Most adults don't get snowdays, especially if it's in a field where each person generates or saves a ton of cash.

Luckily for where I am and who I work for, I do get snow days. Often just at the threat of snow. Most of the rest of the world however doesn't operate this way unless it's a huge storm. Your package will likely be delivered. Funnily enough we had a rather large storm (12-14" for Virginia is a lot and enough to shut the cities down) at the beginning of the year and USPS was still out delivering.