Worlds first 3D printed metal gun.

kuddlesworth9419

I always wanted o make my own graphics card shroud or maybe a cool case or something! 

...that would be SO. COOL.

Errr everyone needs to stop associating guns with violence. I use my guns not for hunting or harming of anything of the living sort, I use mine strictly for target practice and it aggravates me when people just right off say people are going to do something bad with them. 

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

or instead buying a super 3d printer just buy a perfect Pc case.

Too bad there is no such thing :P

Errr everyone needs to stop associating guns with violence. I use my guns not for hunting or harming of anything of the living sort, I use mine strictly for target practice and it aggravates me when people just right off say people are going to do something bad with them. 

I thinks it's more or less the fact that they are machines designed and manufactured to kill other humans. A gun itself is a symbol of violence around the world.

Of course with this amazing technology they would make a gun, instead of something useful.

You do realize that the company that did this is literally a company that 3D prints useful things that people pay them for? The gun was a publicity stunt.

Anyways, it's really not much of a risk; there are WAY cheaper ways to obtain and produce metal guns than 3D printing, and besides that they could just regulate ammo instead... Personally, I don't really see this as an atrocity or an advancement of science or anything, just a company proving that their product is good.

Not really impressed. 3D printed firearms haven't exactly proven to be sturdy enough for proper use anyway. A couple of rounds and this knock-off is done.

THIS IS AWESOME! Can I please have some metal bullets to go with it?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They finally did it.

I feel as this is a step forward. It shows regulations can be overcome with stuff like this.

Now onto 3-D printed AR recievers and I'll be having the fun of my life.

Won't be long until this becomes cheaper to create in your living room than in a factory, given access to the proper materials.

people are seeming to forget that the machine costs $500,000 dollars, so people will not be getting this in their houses any time soon. plus the need for a heating chamber to cure the the powdered metal together so it can actually withstand any abuse. I honestly think a gun is a great way to test the strength of a 3d printed part do to the immense forces that the parts will have to deal with.  

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is pretty cool, more so that it is a 1911.

They did this to show the durability of the prototyping material.

The slide is too light though. It bounces back after action.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

do you think in medieval times there were groups of "sword" hobbyist, who - whenever someone fell on a sword, got all angsty and annoyed with the world?

i would so make a gun thats awesome i live in australia where the only time u will ever see a gun is holstered on a cop its bs i would feel alot safer having a gun in my home.

Another problem is how do the governments planning to regulate weapon printing without making a hard time for regular people who wants to get a 3D printer for non violent reasons. I hope I won't need to get a special permit to buy a 3D printer. I wan't a 3D printer for a lot of harmless projects.

tbh I think this is freaking awesome. And I actually dont care either way about the guns side of things as its not the guns its the people. but moving on...

This is amazing, it proves that DMLS tech is capable of withstanding some impressive pressures. I hope this tech moves forward to the point where it can be bought and used at home and not just commercially

DMLS explained

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Printing something that is actually useful would be much better.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

im planning to get some of my 3d work 3d printed... trying to find somewhere to get it done though

Character artist in the Games industry.