Cheap AIO's Are they worth it???

So I have an issue, I have a i5 6500 and im tired of looking at the stock intel cooler, I was considering buying the Cryorig H7 or C7. When i have the new cooler I want to boost clock my cpu. Now i found this AIO that looks very nice, and is very cheap. 

Link to cooler: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEEPCOOL-Maelstrom-Liquid-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B01FVSFO1A/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=JGZSJXHPCR19KMCZK29H&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=16f14aeb-bd11-4e9e-8c26-9ca0139074ee&pf_rd_i=desktop

I am worried about leaks tho and if it's worth it since I only have an i5 6500. Aesthetics are important to me but not the most so much that I would make a bad purchase. 

The other reason why i would take this route is because of the following, I only have 1 intake fan right now and 1 exhaust fan + power supply exhaust. This is negative pressure, i want possitive pressure. So if i went the route of the C7 or H7 i would need an extra fan as well. But if i would take the route of the AIO i would use this as an exhaust + the power supply and move the current exhaust fan to be an intake fan. Which would make the total basicly the same: C7 or H7 + rgb fan VS AIO cooler. 

All help is welcome. Thanks for reading.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup long as they are from a reputable company.

Have you read the entire story, it states which brand i want.

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I would reccomend a air cooler over a 120mm water cooler.They are not worth it.Either get a 240mm plus or not at all

Why are 120mm water coolers not worth it? 

They should be fine as long as its not a H55. 

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Allard said:

More points of failure more expensive and perform pretty much the same to air coolers.And let me quote the corsair blog'

"water cooling picks up where air coolers left off,"

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2015/april/liquid-cooling-vs-air-cooling-which-performs-better

My life

3 minutes ago, Allard said:

Because they perform much worse than an air cooler that costs the same and produces less noise.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Allard said:

because they dont perform better than a good tower cooler, even at this cheap cost the same if not more than a good tower cooler, they have more points of failure (tubing/rad that can leak, pump that can fail), are louder, and *if* the pump fails (which is usually the first thing to go) you're reduced to quite literally no cooling at all, as compared to a tower cooler's first failure which is the fan, in which case there's still a surprising amount of passive capacity there.

120mm AIOs are an absolute waste of time and money unless your CPU requires one and your case can't handle anything more substantial, and even then I'd recommend reevaluating one or the other instead of a 120mm AIO.

Also worth pointing out: the i5-6500 is not overclockable unless you plan to buy a Z170 board. If you do, the price difference between the 6500 and 6600K is so little that you, imo, should have just bought the 6600K in the first place for a proper OC that doesn't screw with other aspects of your PC.

If you do have an H or B chipset for your i5-6500, you don't need an aftermarket cooler. I have a Cryorig C7 on mine literally because I had a C7 lying around and nothing else to do with it, and the thermals never even come close to the level of needing an AIO or a bigger air cooler.

In summation, if you own a Z board and intend to overclock an i5-6500, take it back and exchange it for a 6600K. The difference in price is close enough that the unlocked multiplier is worth the premium. 120mm AIOs are never a good idea because they add cost and complexity while losing to air coolers in the same price bracket. Of the coolers you've mentioned, the H7 will give you the best performance and quietest system.

Also, move your rear exhaust fan up to the front of the case as an intake. The H7 will do a perfectly good job of exhausting air. Pressure problem solved.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i just want to mention, at that pricepoint you're in noctua D9L range, or the large variety in cyrorig options

But...but...it's not white...or as good looking :/ 

L00ks>price to performance obviously /s

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

But...but...it's not white...or as good looking :/ 

L00ks>price to performance obviously /s

which is why i said cyrorig, because they actually look quite sexy.

18 minutes ago, Allard said:

So I have an issue, I have a i5 6500 and im tired of looking at the stock intel cooler, I was considering buying the Cryorig H7 or C7. When i have the new cooler I want to boost clock my cpu. Now i found this AIO that looks very nice, and is very cheap. 

Link to cooler: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEEPCOOL-Maelstrom-Liquid-Cooler-Cooling/dp/B01FVSFO1A/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=JGZSJXHPCR19KMCZK29H&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=16f14aeb-bd11-4e9e-8c26-9ca0139074ee&pf_rd_i=desktop

I am worried about leaks tho and if it's worth it since I only have an i5 6500. Aesthetics are important to me but not the most so much that I would make a bad purchase. 

The other reason why i would take this route is because of the following, I only have 1 intake fan right now and 1 exhaust fan + power supply exhaust. This is negative pressure, i want possitive pressure. So if i went the route of the C7 or H7 i would need an extra fan as well. But if i would take the route of the AIO i would use this as an exhaust + the power supply and move the current exhaust fan to be an intake fan. Which would make the total basicly the same: C7 or H7 + rgb fan VS AIO cooler. 

All help is welcome. Thanks for reading.

DeepCool is a good reputable company. My DeepCool Captain 240 is now 3 years old and going strong, even outlasting a Cooler Master Neptune 240 that I had to RMA for a failed pump in less than a year (they just sent me a new one). So I would feel very safe buying that AIO cooler. That being said all the big manufacturers make very good AIO coolers, I have owned DeepCool, Corsair, Cooler Master, and  Silverstone AIO coolers and would recommend all those brands to those interested in them. NZXT and Thermaltake also make excellent AIO coolers.

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

which is why i said cyrorig, because they actually look quite sexy.

But still not white... :/ 

But yeah, the H7 is a pretty damn sexy cooler with a nice price tag (albeit a tad high in the UK)

2 minutes ago, JM21 said:

My DeepCool Captain 240 is now 3 years old and going strong

My "refurb" corsair H100i is also 3 years old and going strong...who said "refurb" AIO are a bad idea? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I have and love my corsair h60 for my workstation pc. I use an I7 7700k and once I got my h60 working properly it works well under extended periods of load. but then again the h60 is more expensive and not white...

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

But still not white... :/ 

But yeah, the H7 is a pretty damn sexy cooler with a nice price tag (albeit a tad high in the UK)

My "refurb" corsair H100i is also 3 years old and going strong...who said "refurb" AIO are a bad idea? :D 

The thing about refurbished products is that you know someone who knows their shit has taken the product apart, fixed, tested it, and confirmed it now works again. Where as a product off the assembly line is not usually looked at or tested to the same degree.

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

43 minutes ago, Allard said:

Have you read the entire story, it states which brand i want.

yes i have and deep cool is a reputable brand, i was talking about generally. 

Whichever way you slice it, an air cooler is always going to be more reliable than any AIO, and the top end Noctua NH-D15 would beat any 120mm AIO... heck, that beats almost any 240/280 AIO!! If performance is a concern, then you're simply better off with air, or perhaps a BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 or Cryorig R1 if you find the Noctua unattractive visually (which would be understandable). Any of those (and others besides) would best the Deepcool you've selected. An AIO really only makes sense if your primary concern is the aesthetic.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Btw I kinda flew through the responses, but you can't overclock a 6500, you need the 6500k if you want to overclock

4 hours ago, JM21 said:

The thing about refurbished products is that you know someone who knows their shit has taken the product apart, fixed, tested it, and confirmed it now works again. Where as a product off the assembly line is not usually looked at or tested to the same degree.

Careful with that. If it's manufacturer refurbished and the manufacturer is a good, reliable one with great service should something go wrong, yes, refurb parts are a great way to save money. Lots of those parts are just items that were returned under the guise of "defective" because the purchaser changed their mind and didn't want to pay a return or restock fee.

If it's seller refurbished, run. Like, run. Unless the price is so amazing that you can't pass it up and the seller has tons of positive feedback, high ratings, whatever, going back over a period of at least 12 months. For most sellers out there, the meaning of "refurbished" is, "I blew off most of the dust I could see, made sure that it powers up, then stuck it in a box and raised my price by 10%."

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Careful with that. If it's manufacturer refurbished and the manufacturer is a good, reliable one with great service should something go wrong, yes, refurb parts are a great way to save money. Lots of those parts are just items that were returned under the guise of "defective" because the purchaser changed their mind and didn't want to pay a return or restock fee.

If it's seller refurbished, run. Like, run. Unless the price is so amazing that you can't pass it up and the seller has tons of positive feedback, high ratings, whatever, going back over a period of at least 12 months. For most sellers out there, the meaning of "refurbished" is, "I blew off most of the dust I could see, made sure that it powers up, then stuck it in a box and raised my price by 10%."

Oh I know, I have only ever bought one GPU from Asus that was manufacturer refurbished. And it came with 18 months of warranty from Asus. It was a GTX 970 Strix and it's now running in my brothers system without a hiccup. If the seller were to refurbish it I would never consider buying said hardware from them. I definitely agree with what you're saying.

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Provided  AIO in first post is good, it is Asetek rebranded cooler, basically indestructible and leaks that happen are a) manufacturing fault if it happens during first months of use b) user errors due cutting hose with sharp object, making uber tight turn and forced it to stay in that position. c) O-ring failing after 10 years inside pump, still fixable if PCB isn't wasn't fried. d) liquid level so low that liquid doesn't return anymore back to hoses (noisy pump), usually takes 10 years, low on liquid level from start takes 5 years

AIOs are only worth it if you have a small case and can't fit anything better. I have an H7 and it keeps an overclocked 6700k in an itx case in the mid 20's on idle and 60ish on game load.