Why the xbox one and ps4 both failed in their own ways:

♠FlamieMeister♠

Now the xbox one is obvious why, but why the ps4? There's a good reason why, and I'll tell you why.

For the xbox:

Worlds worst marketing campaign

Worlds worst dev team

Greedy asf

Charging for multiplayer

Kinect

Bad graphics

High price.

For the PS4:

Everyone going to the pc market

Charging for multiplayer

Not labeling 90% of their games in the recent commercials on tv

Releasing utter garbage onto their platform

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

2 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Everyone going to the pc market

You'd be surprised.

Yes, PC gaming is growning but so many people just want to sit on the couch and play a few matches of cod.

1 minute ago, Mug said:

You'd be surprised.

Yes, PC gaming is growning but so many people just want to sit on the couch and play a few matches of cod.

Steam box and Steam link anyone?

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

I didn't realize either is a failure

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

1 minute ago, mmaatt747 said:

I didn't realize either is a failure

The xbox one tanked, the ps4 may have sold 50 million units, but failed in some aspects and pushed people away from the console market.

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Both of which are nowhere near as good as just having a playstation.

Most people don't have decent wifi of ethernet throughout their houses. Neither have mass-market appeal.

4 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Both of which require some tinkering and are kinda shit. The PS4 didn't fail, and the xbone was primarily a marketing disaster. 

Problem for me was that they were trying to be too much like PCs and took the worst parts of PC and made em worse.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Both of which require some tinkering and are kinda shit. The PS4 didn't fail, and the xbone was primarily a marketing disaster. 

As I mentioned, it failed in its own way, as people bought it, and left it to die while they moved to budget pcs, which allow for free multiplayer, cheaper games, and a better Xpereince

1 minute ago, Mug said:

You'd be surprised.

agreed I actually went the other way and bought an Xbox one s a few months ago and I often play on that purely for the less fuss factor play overwatch for a bit and leave it alone again 

6 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

-snip-

Xbox sure has a bad marketing department compared to what it was like for the 360 but there a many things you failed to mention like the Xbox one s is actually one of the cheapest 4k BluRay players on the market also both the Xbox and ps4 offer more than just the ability to play online for the price of the online membership both platforms give you free games every month they also give you voice chat built into the os something you have to use 3rd party software for on PC as for Xbox being greedy I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? 

I lurk a lot

9 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

your saying the xbox and ps4 are failures then suggesting the steam link and steam box i think you live in topsy-turvy world my friend 

I lurk a lot

29 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

As I mentioned, it failed in its own way, as people bought it, and left it to die while they moved to budget pcs, which allow for free multiplayer, cheaper games, and a better Xpereince

That happened with such a minuscule amount of people. You're blowing up how much that actually happened because you and I happen to be in at least one PC community.

43 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Yes, Little Big Planet 3, Gran Turismo 6, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Crash Bandicoot is garbage...

If you think the PS4 failed, you don't know what a failing console is..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

The 12th best selling console of all time (that is still going up in the rankings likely) has not failed.

The Xbox One didn't do super well, but really didn't fail tbh.  The 10 million listed in that list is not recent by the way, because I think the Xbox One has caught up to the Wii U already

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, Mug said:

You'd be surprised.

Implying you can't do that with PCs. 

Now go ahead and tell me how it's impractical and not the easiest shit ever with prebuild living room machines ready to go.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Neither console failed. Sure, the Xbox One barely sold in Japan, but Microsoft has never had a good time in Japan.

It's wrong to call either console a failure, and this is coming from someone who cares about neither.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Mug said:

Most people don't have decent wifi of ethernet throughout their houses

Whytho?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Would someone like to explain to me how 'Releasing utter garbage onto their platform' is a mark of 'failure' for the PS4, but 90% of the titles release to Steam being complete dumpster fires, much of which barely functions at all, is somehow okay?  If we compare the PS4 to Steam in this regard, the PS4 isn't failing enough comparison to Steam which vastly out classes it with 'releasing utter garbage onto their platform'.

37 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Would someone like to explain to me how 'Releasing utter garbage onto their platform' is a mark of 'failure' for the PS4, but 90% of the titles release to Steam being complete dumpster fires, much of which barely functions at all, is somehow okay?  If we compare the PS4 to Steam in this regard, the PS4 isn't failing enough comparison to Steam which vastly out classes it with 'releasing utter garbage onto their platform'.

Because he thinks that everything on the PS4 is shite.

As I've said, I don't particularly care for either console, but the PS4 isn't a failure in that regard. At all.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

No, a casual will have never heard of that or be bothered to set one up if they had to. 

But yeah, the overall consensus nowadays is that people are taking to pc/CS route over ps4/cod

- snip-

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Implying you can't do that with PCs. 

Now go ahead and tell me how it's impractical and not the easiest shit ever with prebuild living room machines ready to go.

You certainly can have a good couch gaming experience on the PC. But it's not easy, and requires a lot of peripherals and/or tinkering.

Take something as simple as turning the computer on without getting up. Something that's a given with a Media Box or a Console. Something that is very difficult to accomplish with a PC. You could use sleep mode, and a wireless keyboard, but that's finicky and doesn't always work.

Also media consumption is also easier on a console, etc, because most computers don't come with a "10 Foot Interface" by default (That's what Steam Big-Picture mode is for example). You can certainly use a program like Kodi or Plex to accomplish this, but these programs don't start by default. So you'll have to tinker there. Futhermore, switching between, for example, Kodi and Steam, isn't easy, since you'll most likely have to drop into the normal Desktop before switching, unless you make some custom scripts.

SteamLink is okay for couch gaming, assuming you already have a pretty decent gaming computer elsewhere in the house, and either really kickass WIFI, or wired Gigabit Ethernet. But SteamLink isn't a replacement for a media player either.

SteamOS is kind of crap, so let's just forget about that. It's okay for a gaming only box, but lacks the most basic media functionality (Sure it's Debian, but none of that comes pre-installed, so have fun installing everything via terminal).

PC's are great. But they have limitations and things they are better or worse suited for. Certainly anything can be made to work well on a PC, if you have the skills or there's a market big enough for a PC maker/software developer to put the money into it. But a lot of these areas are still very lacking on the PC.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Ashiella said:

Whytho?

support in some areas is just bad. For instance Australia, (Ramsey on YouTube, and Samtime on youtube are 2 examples of people that have problems and note them in videos) and regions of Europe like Austria (had personal experience) and eastern Europe. (Someone I know has trouble sometimes.)

4 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Nah 

3 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes, Little Big Planet 3, Gran Turismo 6, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Crash Bandicoot is garbage...

I don't know if those are garbage but I wouldn't want to play any of those. Yuk.