i game on a membrane keyboard

hardtofindinthefuture

Hi, i picked up a logitech membrane keyboard from goodwill for like $7

and i got to tell you... Its something

If you didn't already know mechanical keyboards are all the rage.

But this thing i felt more responsive when playing racing titles then with a traditional keyboard.

And with this keyboard i almost never miss a key due to the larger key size

But this is my opinion and you have any comments leave them below!

have a Nice day!

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

/r/iAMA ?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

10/10 original  M  E  M  E

this is why we can't have nice things

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I game on a membrane keyboard too. People mock them usually because they haven't experienced a really good one but they do exist, I assure you.

Just as when people don't like a certain mechanical switch, people can have issues with types of membrane keyboards.

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

/r/iAMA ?

I genuinely thought it was going to be something like that from the title ?

i picked up a monitor from a local goodwill for $7.50

it's 15 inches. 

it was 1024x768. 

it's been overclocked to 75hz

I never miss a shot in cs with it

it's so much better than a normal monitor

and it was like $7.50

it was even brand new in box

original meme

idk

Honestly mech keyboards feel nice, but there's not REALLY any benefit, other than maybe less fatigue for someone who types a ton. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Still using a membrane now, mechanical too costey for me

LOL people thinking goodwills a meme now xD

this thing was brand new and came with a mouse in box :D

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

I've been using Cyborg V7 membrane keyboard for almost 7 years. Monster of a keyboard. Spilled 3 cups of coffee and 1 beer on it - nothing! Still works perfectly fine, all keys are working, lights are working. I just don't see a good reason to upgrade to a mechanical keyboard yet.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

33 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Honestly mech keyboards feel nice, but there's not REALLY any benefit, other than maybe less fatigue for someone who types a ton. 

You can move the keys less before they actuate, so in theory, you could also type faster. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

9 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You can move the keys less before they actuate, so in theory, you could also type faster. 

In theory, but most people bottom out on mechs anyways. I know I do

I use membrane and think its pretty good... But it may be because I never tested a mechanical one.

But I THINK mechanical is overrated, cant imagine how it would make a big difference (in games I mean)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 minute ago, Taja said:

I use membrane and think its pretty good... But it may be because I never tested a mechanical one.

But I THINK mechanical is overrated, cant imagine how it would make a big difference (in games I mean)

I used a membrane keyboard for years. I then got a K70 (non-rgb) with Cherry reds on it and it makes a huge difference. My hands just feel so nice when I bottom out the keys as I smash the keyboard when I type. I just cant use a membrane the same way. It just does not feels right after using a mech for 1 1/2 years now. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Just now, TheGeeker said:

I used a membrane keyboard for years. I then got a K70 (non-rgb) with Cherry reds on it and it makes a huge difference. My hands just feel so nice when I bottom out the keys as I smash the keyboard when I type. I just cant use a membrane the same way. It just does not feels right after using a mech for 1 1/2 years now. 

I believe you, but i think it might be a case of "bad" cant go back.

For example: you pay 3x more for a product that is 10% better. Not a very good price/perf, right? But the worst part is, you become dependent of the product, so everytime you upgrade, you will get the more expensive product, because the cheaper (but good) is not good enough for you anymore.

That is one of the reasons i dont want to get one, the other one being I NEVER even saw one in person, so i cannot test how it feels.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

3 minutes ago, Taja said:

For example: you pay 3x more for a product that is 10% better. Not a very good price/perf, right? But the worst part is, you become dependent of the product, so everytime you upgrade, you will get the more expensive product, because the cheaper (but good) is not good enough for you anymore.

That is one of the reasons i dont want to get one, the other one being I NEVER even saw one in person, so i cannot test how it feels.

Keep in mind that they also tend to be higher quality and therefore last longer, offsetting a lot of the price difference over time.

2 minutes ago, Taja said:

True but it can go both ways. I have dropped my K70 a few times when redoing my setup and it has not broken and it still strong. Its made of metal and I dont think it would every break on a daily use. Besides my personal things of maybe burning more cash for an RGB one this will never break or stop working. Also, I tinker with alot of networking equipment and serves in different locations (school, office, friend's homes) and I always need to bring a keyboard with me. While doing this I have broken at least 5 membrane keyboards (everything from 5$ keyboard + mouse packs to wireless logitech boards mx370) already. I cant find one thats durable enough for my use case. I ended up gettinmg this and its built like a tank as well and I have used it for a year in my school bag and it still runs strong. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

5 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Keep in mind that they also tend to be higher quality and therefore last longer, offsetting a lot of the price difference over time.

Sorry referencing my above post. Forgot that posts dont merge together on this forum.

from everything in this post..Are membrane keyboards making a comeback

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

6 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

from everything in this post..Are membrane keyboards making a comeback

I dont think they were ever gone

MSI Interceptor DS4100 gets a thumbs up from me :P

Spoiler

1024.png

Current Build

CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-7500 Processor

Motherboard - MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

GPU - Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB MINI Video Card

Case - Segotep π Cube

Storage - Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" | Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

PSU -     Super Flower Leadex Silver 550 W 80+ Silver

Display(s) - 24" Class Full HD IPS Monitor (24MP68VQ-P)

Cooling - CRYORIG M9i | Cooler Master SickleFlow X 120mm Fan (Intake) | Cooler Master SickleFlow X 120mm Fan x2 (Exhaust)

Keyboard -  Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse - Corsair M65 RGB ELITE Wired Optical Mouse

Sound - Edifier XM6PF

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

PCPartPicker URL - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3DhQkX

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, TheGeeker said:

I dont think they were ever gone

well, most people use Razor Black widow RGB $125 keyboards

And there is no room for my $7 Logitech MK235 

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

12 minutes ago, KhaierKaizer said:

MSI Interceptor DS4100 gets a thumbs up from me :P

Reveal hidden contents

1024.png

is that the Redragon POS that's always #1 in keyboards on Amazon

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

is that the Redragon POS that's always #1 in keyboards on Amazon

It's the same.

Rebranded under MSI.

Current Build

CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-7500 Processor

Motherboard - MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

GPU - Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB MINI Video Card

Case - Segotep π Cube

Storage - Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" | Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

PSU -     Super Flower Leadex Silver 550 W 80+ Silver

Display(s) - 24" Class Full HD IPS Monitor (24MP68VQ-P)

Cooling - CRYORIG M9i | Cooler Master SickleFlow X 120mm Fan (Intake) | Cooler Master SickleFlow X 120mm Fan x2 (Exhaust)

Keyboard -  Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse - Corsair M65 RGB ELITE Wired Optical Mouse

Sound - Edifier XM6PF

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

PCPartPicker URL - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3DhQkX

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, KhaierKaizer said:

It's the same.

Rebranded under MSI.

Gah. I'd honestly rather type on my Surface keyboard than one of those. Lower profile keys on the desktop are worse than Dell keyboards for typing...

idk