NSFW Youtube Page

Wilburrobert

Hi LTT,

Just to let you know really, when loading your LinusTechTips YouTube Channel as a guest (not logged into Youtube) the Video that Autoplays is the "Hack any windows PC in 2 minutes"... This could cause alarm to an employer using net usage monitoring.
I love your content, been an avid follower for about a year now and I know that almost all the rest of the videos you post would cause little to no offence to a network administrator. I just don't want to get in trouble if I were to visit your channel on my break at work.

Would it be possible to switch that video out for another one? I'm no expert at these sort of things and don't even know if it's only me seeing this. If I am being an idiot, I'm sure that someone will put me right! :P

Kind Regards,

Will

No, they do it for click bait because that's what brings in the views.

They will not change a title because one person doesn't like it.

Otherwise none of their videos would have titles.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think YT picks a random video unless you have a channel trailer

linus sex tips

I thought that too waterjug, but it has happened every time for the past month or so.

Edited by LogicalDrm

1 minute ago, Wilburrobert said:

Enderman, does it count as clickbait if it autoplays?

Tag people like @Enderman so they know

What do you mean? Auto play generates automatically by YouTube, it plays automatically so you don't have to click on it

@Fooshi Thank you for your constructive and informative answer...
@deXxterlab97 Thanks, I will use this in future! So the channel host doesn't choose the video which plays automatically? Is that what you're saying? Or were you asking  @Enderman ?

(Getting the hang of the Tag system!) :D

3 minutes ago, Wilburrobert said:

Thanks, I will use this in future! So the channel host doesn't choose the video which plays automatically? Is that what you're saying?

Yes. That's what I was saying

6 minutes ago, Wilburrobert said:

@Fooshi Thank you for your constructive and informative answer...
@deXxterlab97 Thanks, I will use this in future! So the channel host doesn't choose the video which plays automatically? Is that what you're saying? Or were you asking  @Enderman ?

(Getting the hang of the Tag system!) :D

Here take a read at this

On 2/2/2017 at 1:20 AM, Wilburrobert said:

Enderman, does it count as clickbait if it autoplays?

1) you need to use the quote button below when replying

2) the title itself is clickbait because they made it that specifically for people to click on the video.

It autoplays because they set it to in their channel settings.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:17 AM, Wilburrobert said:

I thought that too waterjug, but it has happened every time for the past month or so.

That's because it's an option in youtube to have "new viewers" see a certain video on the channel page. Unless you log in, that video will remain there as long as LMG want it to. Since a lot of new viewers get drawn in through that video, they probably won't change it for a while.

What you can do if just use a favourites shortcut that goes directly to https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/videos so that yo don't need to see the introductory video.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020