What would it take for YOU to switch to Ryzen/Vega

1 minute ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

The point is that INTEL will have to lower their current pricing (which in almost every scenario will happen) in-order for it compete with the AMD market target, whatever that may be; even if INTEL lowers its pricing a little bit it won't be warranted enough and thus it will mean they will have to go lower than the AMD base target - if AMD still provides better performance for the same price or slightly more than the INTEL counter part (after price reduction being below the initial base AMD pricing) then AMD will have the advantage, all they need is to create better price to performance. AMD has the luxury of having a new architecture, it will be priced cheaper than the current INTEL models other wise they understand that they wont pull enough of already established INTEL performance and consumers.. Through AMD doing this, it will lead to competitive pricing - neither company is going to sell something at such a price where they  can't make any profit, if AMD lowers their pricing it will still have a profit margin and same with INTEL, the difference lies in weather or not AMD can make sure that their current generation will be able to have a performance boost while being lower than INTELs current pricing.

AMD wont be as cheap some people want in this forum that is for sure - what will happen however or needs to happen is that AMD needs to create a pricing where they will still have a profit margin - they do not have the luxury of being in the same time where there was no competitor, what needs to be understood is that CPUs would be A-LOT cheaper if INTEL had constant competition, AMD will make this competitive, weather or not it will be able to be sustainable i believe that this could be made up with the area being GPUs as seen with the RX480 vs the GTX1060 as we saw the the RX480 had after a while, performance gains over the RX480 and nVidia did next to nothing pricing wise other than match the RX480 - i believe this could be the case with the INTEL side - they will do nothing more than match the pricing. 

For AMD GPUs, the same story will apply, the benefits that AMD has is that their cards are hardware superior generally having 2-4 billion more transistors on each card tier verses their nVidia counter part, respectfully. What this means for AMD is that they will as always, create more optimized drivers making use of all the power - should the VEGA side be more powerful now will mean that even during the latter months it will have performance increases. The end point is that we don't really care how much a company makes all the majority of consumers want is something that is cheaper than the alternative while holding the same quality, if AMD provides this a lot of people are happy to buy it, we just need competition unconcerned by financial situations, all the consumer should be looking for is price for performance and whatever company can provide that will most likely have the majority of consumers.

The thing is Intel can afford to rack the prices down and kill AMD to the point of them being harmless again and then rack the prices up again slowly. Also company wise RTG is basically separate from the CPU division for basically all purposes

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Currently, I am planning my next build with an 6600k. If AMD can offer the same performance for cheaper, or better performance for the same, then I'll go with it. But more likely, Intel will lower their prices and I might have room in my budget to upgrade to the 6700k which is what I wanted in the first place but decided against because of the price.

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

Independent benchmarks is the first step. Star Wars: TFA taught me that I should not buy into things solely based on hype.

Secondly, it needs to be seriously compelling to switch from 4790k/780Ti, which more than enough for what I'm playing/using my computer for right now.

Vega only for me. I'm happy with my 4770k for now.
Literally it would have to just perform well at 3440*1440 and not cost an arm and a leg.

I make bad life decisions.

It'd have to perform better than what I plan to upgrade to with Nvidia and Intel in the somewhat distant future. (i7 6700k, GTX 1070 or some decent card from their next generation)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 7:06 PM, littlepigboy5 said:

i googled...woah.  No PCIE?

I mean a STX board running of a 12v pico psu in a tiny case would be perfect for a APU ,

imagine the power of a ps4/xb (both amd apu systems) but one quarter the size and powerdraw

, perfect for a car or heck just built it into a monitor and have a chap powerful AIO pc that isn't super bulky or all laptop OEM stuff

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

It looks like the next year is going to be interesting, and like you stated when I build my next PC if AMD is close or the same in performance to Intel/NVIDIA but cheaper I would go that route.

Not sure about Ryzen, but I'm switching to Vega when it comes. I'm tired of Nvidia's piss poor drivers crashing my system, and their idea of triple monitor gaming support is beyond a joke. It's almost like a punishment for some perceived slight against them.

Not to mention, still butthurt over the 3.5gb Vram on the GTX 970.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm planning a new build for next month, i'm not even considering Ryzen, the motherboards look too basic, and like Wendell said, it feels like it barely fits in the current market, it doesn't seen to be an option for now.

We'll see, i may bite my tongue and i say i was wrong in the end.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

If, say, "AMD Ryzen XYZ model CPU performance beats Intel's Kaby Lake 7700k in every performance figure" i may switch back to AMD, i wonder how long will it take for Ryzen to launch in Brazil after it launches on the USA...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Performance that is on par or better than intel's offerings around the $200-250 mark. My computer has been itching for an upgrade for a while now(Pentium G3220 lol) and I really don't care if I go red or blue as long as I get good performance for my dollar. I'm leaning towards probably going ryzen if overall performance/$ is the same because I tend to do very heavy multitasking and I think it would probably perform better for my workloads. I'm not huge on gaming these days so even if ryzen has slightly worse single threaded performance it would probably still serve me well so I can run my 30+ chrome tabs, skype, and unreal engine 4. Not looking to upgrade my gpu just yet because even though my 750 ti is outdated I don't do much gaming and when I do it's only at 1080p with less gpu heavy games like CSGO and Eve Online.

Be good and be cheaper.  That's all it would take.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

It would take a free cpu, motherboard, and gpu

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Looking at Vega, but my GPU isn't dead yet and it can still run the games I'm playing like GTA V. Would be a waste to just toss out a working card. Have to see benchmarks and price first before making a decision.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I'm in the middle of choosing parts for my new computer and if an amd cpu with 4C and their HT-sort-of(smt ) will actually perform almost like an i7 with 4C for 100€ off on the price

I'll join the red team as soon as amazon sends me the cpu

Benchmarks will talk by themself   

I am really into music games and my neighbours don't like it

It's quite simple. AMD has already established that they aren't going for demolishing Nvidia's gpus. I think AMD should only rlly care bout price:performance and if they release a vega for $300 that's a bit behind a 1070 or $400-$500 a bit behind a 1080, in about a year it'll be better due to AMD'S absolutely broken driver updates. Ryzen I dunno I think just release something with value like a $300 4c/8t that performs like a 6700k with 5% reduction (sounds too good to be true :))

Never the less, this is AMD'S last chance. If they fail this part they might as well just be a Gpu company (their gpus are long term investments) and give up on CPUs

I have an old i7-2600k which I use as a media centre pc atm. I think I will upgrade that to a new Ryzen CPU. I'm doing this mostly as a means of upgrading the internal connectors for PCIe, USB etc but also as a convenient way of testing the new architecture. I probably won't upgrade my main PC as that is running a six core 5930k.