The most scariest thing that had happened to your PC?

Remesy

It's 4 a.m. where I live and I can't seem to fall a sleep so naturally my mind starts wandering around and I remember something that happen that really scared the living shit out of me when I was using my pc a couple years ago. I felt like sharing it with someone, but everyone I know is asleep at this time so I thought why not post something for once on the forum. It was 1 or 2 a.m. in the summer, and there was a thunderstorm that was happening during that time. I thought it wasn't a big deal since I had used my pc all those years during a thunderstorm and nothing had happened to it before. I was playing a game of League of Legends with a friend, and I was in a middle of a game when something unexpected had happen. A thunder had struck really close to my house, I felt my whole house shake, then hearing the alarms of the parked cars going off all together. I was surprised about what had happen and look towards my window for a bit and was able to catch the flash of lightning then I looked back at my old monitor and saw it flashed to a weird color. It looked like every pixel was in a different color and it was very mesmerizing after a couple of seconds I heard a electrical buzzing sound from my hd558 and I went oh fk in my head. I started to panic and started typing in random keys on my keyboard then followed moving my mouse wildly then follow by left clicking and right clicking like crazy, but nothing worked. After 30 seconds of thinking wdf to do next I finally decided hit the off switch on my power supply just as I leaned forward to do that my monitor flashed a bit and I saw my character on league walking back to base. Well, that was the most scariest thing that had happened to my pc I hope you enjoyed reading this

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I once corrupted Windows beyond repair. I still don't know how.

That's windows for you, my copy of windows always gets bork somehow just like right now did a fresh installed a couple months back and it's already bork as hell.

Basically every Blue Screen of Death and error message that has zeroes and ones, it gives me an anxiety. 

22 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I once corrupted Windows beyond repair. I still don't know how.

Create a recovery drive using a flash drive. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Somehow windows managed to fail an update, which ended up with the boot selection being shuffled around. the SSD I used was put on the bottom of booting order, while, a USB slot that inside my monitor, that isnt recognized by the BIOS/UEFI, got boot priority, but the BIOS/UEFI, couldn't detect/acces it since the monitor wasn't turned on!

windows update, you gotta love them.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That didn't work. It was broken beyond repair.

I mean create a recovery drive before the errors happen. More of a preventive measure in the future. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

28 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I mean create a recovery drive before the errors happen. More of a preventive measure in the future. 

I wasn't able to use the recovery drive, Windows wouldn't even boot to the point that I could try a using an older image.

I removed my passcode, but couldn't remember my original password. Then I closed my laptop...

EDIT: I removed my pin number

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I was going to my dads and I was packing up the car.... got all the way there (about 1 and a bit hours later)  and realized that I had left my Gaming PC on the step in front of my house, out there in the open for all to see. Phoned home and asked them if it was still there. I was so lucky and I'm sure it wouldn't have stayed there for much longer and would have got stolen. 

Get infested with roaches.. (gross AF I know) 

I live with my GF and there are zero German roaches here which I'm super thankful for. Before that, I was living with a cousin and omg that house was infested! I've never had bugs invade my PC before living there and it was an awful experience. 

Imagine a pristine white Define R4 with roach shit and roaches POURING OUT WHEN THE SIDE PANEL WAS REMOVED IT WAS ROACHMAGEDDON..! This was also the first time I've had a PSU fail/had popped roach smell emanating from a power supply. 

To this day, I have an unbridled hatred for roaches. 

When i was overclocking my 8350 and typed the bus speed into the multiplier spot... Just wouldn't turn on. Left it sitting, alone...cold (well kinda cold cause AMD) and dead. Until i tried turning it on the next day and it worked fine.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Power unit in my folder rig doing a load bang right with me looking inside the case.  Burnt smell and a bit of smoke, bye bye power unit.

Talk about something that sounds like a shotgun going off.  Thankfully, the mobo and CPU are fine.  Just sucks I have to use my backup 1200 watt PSU for the rig.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I didnt tighten aa motherboard stand completly and so when I was srewing in a screw the stand came out.

I had to take a pliers to umscrew the screw.

aivw also accidentaly jammed an eight pin pcie connectee into the cpu power connector jt didnt hurt my computer but it scared me

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I just spent more money than I should have on a 2011 system with a nice xeon. Accidentally bumped a RAM stick while it was running and it shut down and refused to reboot past POST. Took me an hour to figure out it was giving me a message to go into the BIOS to confirm a low CPU fan speed but wasn't displaying because the display it was trying to use was through a display port adapter. Unplugging the two adapter monitors and hitting the reset button fixed the issue.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I once bought a Bluray burner when they first came out wich cost me more then the GPU i had at the time xD 

During a case switch i forgot to hold it in as i flipped the switch to unlock it and it slid out and fell on the ground.

Still use it but it cannot read CD's anymore for some reason xD locks up completely.