CPU usage NOT at constant 100%

cadd

so I have a g3258 OC'd to 4.4ghz with a gtx 1050, however when i play games my cpu AND gpu arent reaching constant 100% load for some reason.

csgo - 20-30% gpu/60-70% cpu

Rust - 40-60% gpu/ 80-90% cpu

Its like this for almost every game, and my fps isnt as good as i want... But i dont understand why my cpu isnt maxing out when it is clearly the bottleneck.

to my understanding, cpu or gpu should be at 100% when gaming depending on how its optimized, so why isnt a cpu heavy game like csgo at 100% usage all the time? what could be bottle necking the cpu?

I have 8gb of ram at 1333mhz, and a 430w psu.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

CSGO isn't a CPU heavy game in the slightest. And it shouldn't be. It's an eSports game. It needs to be stupid easy on modern hardware.

ゆりざき、日本語おしってる?

GPU 100% = good

CPU 100% = bad

And CS is a potato heavy Game.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

11 minutes ago, Praesi said:

GPU 100% = good

CPU 100% = bad

And CS is a potato heavy Game.

Yep. You want the gpu to reach 100% if you dont have FPS capped,

You want the cpu to be lowest % possible, because when its at 100% it means ur cpu is "lacking power" or "runing out of power" and then can't deliver the power the game needs...

You want GPU usage in the 90%-100% range most of the time, that means you are getting your money worth out of it and that it isn't bottlenecked by the CPU. That means you want your CPU to not be struggling... which means you want low CPU usage, that can be pretty much any percentage, as long as it isn't 90-100% and isn't keeping your GPU from being maxed out (bottlenecking). As someone just mentioned, could be hitting your thermal limit so look at your tempts. Download Real Temp and play a game and see what's maxing out at. If temps are hitting the upper 90s you're going to be thermal throttling.

2 hours ago, cadd said:

so I have a g3258 OC'd to 4.4ghz with a gtx 1050, however when i play games my cpu AND gpu arent reaching constant 100% load for some reason.

csgo - 20-30% gpu/60-70% cpu

Rust - 40-60% gpu/ 80-90% cpu

Its like this for almost every game, and my fps isnt as good as i want... But i dont understand why my cpu isnt maxing out when it is clearly the bottleneck.

to my understanding, cpu or gpu should be at 100% when gaming depending on how its optimized, so why isnt a cpu heavy game like csgo at 100% usage all the time? what could be bottle necking the cpu?

I have 8gb of ram at 1333mhz, and a 430w psu.

Are you just monitoring total CPU usage? It may be maxing out on one core only.

2 hours ago, cadd said:

please remove this mods, made it by accident.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Are you just monitoring total CPU usage? It may be maxing out on one core only.

@Glenwing he had a hidden message just for you.  :D

2 hours ago, JCBiggs said:

probably thermal bound

my g3258 is sitting at 60c, and my 1050 doesnt go above 60c and has thermal and power limits at max :/

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

2 hours ago, smokefest said:

Yep. You want the gpu to reach 100% if you dont have FPS capped,

You want the cpu to be lowest % possible, because when its at 100% it means ur cpu is "lacking power" or "runing out of power" and then can't deliver the power the game needs...

yea then why are neither of them at 100%?? makes no sense as im well within thermal limits

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

16 minutes ago, cadd said:

yea then why are neither of them at 100%?? makes no sense as im well within thermal limits

vsync or fps cap can make ur gpu not use 100% because it doesnt need the full pwoer to reach the fps limit :P otherwise.. dunno