Japan Display introduces two WQHD panels for high-end smartphones

As always if this a repost (i searched for a while) mods do your work =)..

So Japan Display showed of a few displays to be used in future smarphones.

Link provided: http://us.hardware.info/news/37623/japan-display-introduces-two-wqhd-panels-for-high-end-smartphones

Also a few quotes

Last week, Japan Display showed off a 12.1-inch 4K display. The company, a collaboration between Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi, has now introduced two more panels next to the 4K display. The panels are intended for the next-gen high-end smartphones and feature a WQHD-resolution. Japan Display has developed a 5.4-inch and a 6.2-inch model.

The 5.4-inch display has a 2560x1440 pixel resolution, a pixel density of 543 ppi. Japan Display claims viewing angles of 160 degrees in both directions, as well as a 1500:1 contrast ratio. The bezels on the top and side are 1.0 mm wide.

Aside from the 5.4-inch model, a 6.2-inch high-res panel was also developed. Combined with the WQHD resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, this panel has a 473 ppi pixel density. A 1000:1 contrast ratio and 160-degree viewing angles have been specified.

It's still unknown when the first smartphones with a WQHD-panel will be available to consumers.

Myself I don't know how I feel about this, I'm afraid that at increasingly higher resolutions, but the screens remaining about the same dimensions things like text and icons might look awfull.. But I haven't even tried a full HD screen so I'm not sure.

post-961-0-70140500-1383360326_thumb.jpg

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

All I want is my goddamn 20" - 23" 4k monitor!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Those are some amazing screens.... Lets make them affordable!

mmmmmmm...... gaallaxy noooosthe fooooor wiith thiisss annnd alllluuuuminum backkkkinggg. Sorry I was just drroooling a bit there.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

mmmmmmm...... gaallaxy noooosthe fooooor wiith thiisss annnd alllluuuuminum backkkkinggg. Sorry I was just drroooling a bit there.

(2015 iPhone)

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

(2015 iPhone)

No that will still only have 1gb of RAM

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Only want a 17-19 inch 1080p monitor but noooo :/

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

No that will still only have 1gb of RAM

I wrote an essay on pet peeves, this being one of them.

Ignorant people saying ignorant comments because the matter at hand conflicts with their own opinion that agrees with their peers.

Agreement isn't power, it's following.  Disagreement isn't power, it's knowledge.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

4K on a smartphone seems really redundant unless you were a BIG media guy or something. The thing everyone SHOULD be excited about is that better gpus and CPUs are needed to power these and that means those improvements will trickle down to more realistic phones

Ignorant people saying ignorant comments because the matter at hand conflicts with their own opinion that agrees with their peers.

Agreement isn't power, it's following.  Disagreement isn't power, it's knowledge.

No need to get all defensive. What i said was a joke. Can you see that? Its cause the 7th or whatever iteration of the iphone still only has 1gb of Ram. Are you some sort of Apple fanboy? I like apple products. And as for your little piece on pet peeves.. agreement because of a differing opinion is usually to get people to think that you agree with them, not because you follow their opinion. Fact is knowledge not disagreement.

ahaahhh there we go. I read you little bio piece. You thought that I was bashing your consumer electronic device. Ask the preliminary question before going on the offensive.

Grain of rice... Fricken idiot that I am.

The current generation of iphone doesn't need more than 1GB of ram, so why add more cost to an already over priced piece of hardware.  The largest app I've downloaded has been 1.1GB and of course only a fraction of that will be put on the ram, even running every single app I have it doesn't hit a problem or speed bump.  Just my two cents of personal experience, take it with a grain of rice.  I'm not a fanboy, just a victim of childhood ignorance, the iphone was a choice though since I needed something small and powerful, not big and powerful.

Yeah your completely right. There is no possibility that it could need more ram. 

At this rate glueing smart phones side by side might be the best option if you want a decent monitor... But wow 1mm bezel!

Put this display on a Rift and THEN I'll begin to care.

Yeah, besides the rift I don't see many applications where this would really be benefitial over 1080p.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

So our smartphones are getting bigger and bigger just so they can put in more pixels? I don't see the point in that. I'm perfectly fine with a 320 ppi screen, I don't want anything over 4,7 inches.

I'd rather be interested in an afordable 1600p monitor or a 4k TV that doesn't cost a kidney.

144Hz goodness