NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti has 2880 CUDA cores

Youbetternot

Show me the %50 difference. I am seeing $500 for the 780 and $700 for the 780ti. That is not 50%.

It is after import to Norway. Should be exactly 50% on the spot. Also the 780 price cuts went further than initially mentioned, some are under $500, like the MSI gaming ed.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm suprised anyone cares about this card. Even thought the Titan had more cuda cores than the GTX 780, everyone swore up and down that the GTX 780's were faster and could easily beat the Titan. So if the masses didnt think the additional cuda cores helped the Titan, why would they assume they would help the GTX 780 TI. Its amazing how much price affects how people spin the data.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I'm suprised anyone cares about this card. Even thought the Titan had more cuda cores than the GTX 780, everyone swore up and down that the GTX 780's were faster and could easily beat the Titan. So if the masses didnt think the additional cuda cores helped the Titan, why would they assume they would help the GTX 780 TI. Its amazing how much price affects how people spin the data.

Didn't the 780 have better drivers and clock speeds than the Titan though? 

Who ever said that?  Titan is very clearly faster than 780.  It's just that the price premium of the Titan over the 780 is completely unjustified for gamers.  An overclocked 780 will get within spitting distance of Titan in gaming.

With more cores than Titan, 780-Ti will technically have more raw gaming horsepower than Titan, even if it doesn't have Titan's compute capabilities.  But I doubt even 780-Ti will be worth the extra $200 vs 780, especially if it doesn't have any additional VRAM.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Who ever said that?  Titan is very clearly faster than 780.  It's just that the price premium of the Titan over the 780 is completely unjustified for gamers.  An overclocked 780 will get within spitting distance of Titan in gaming.

Lots of people lol. I wish we could rewind the tapes.  But yes, i completely agree with your assessment. Super excited that AMD pushed Nvidia to give us more silicon. I cant believe they're gonna release full tilt GK110 to gamers, that a massive expensive chip.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Exactly.

I do 3D modeling/rendering and my GTX670 is almost as fast as a K5000, but 2Gb vram isn't enough.

I already ran out of ram when I made my profile picture.

I wouldn't buy the 780ti, because of the 3GBvram.

The ram useage will increase drasticly with next gen consoles and im expecting 3-4GB vram usage with games like Mirror's Edge 2.

Ps4/XboxOne can use up to 5-6GB only for Vram and the Devs will use it.

Also I would not upgrade that close before Maxwell.

You do realize NVidia purposefully cripples 6xx rendering performance just to promote their pro-grade cards?

6 months for an upgrade isn't that bad (You don't need the best every time it comes out)... Remember, 780 was released 5 months ago; should you have waited before purchasing that close before the 780Ti?

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Well looks like I am selling my 780 if eVGA doesn't have a step up for this.

you would sell 780 just to upgrade to Ti version? wow

then why is it made as one, marketed as one, sold as one and used as one?

The titan may have its roots in the Oak ridge super computer, however Nvidia say they developed it for gaming, they market it as a gaming card. You may as well say the Logitech g500 is not a gaming mouse because the original Logitech mouse wasn't.

yea i dont like how nvidia marketed it as one, because it isnt really. More of just a flashy e-peen card for games. I hate when AMD fanboys compare titan to 290X for the purpose of throwing it into green team faces.

1383328793R1j7CWNZBG_1_1.jpg

Well I guess this confirms it....

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

If I wanted to spend that much on a GPU I'd probably save up for the GTX 780Ti KPE.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

If I wanted to spend that much on a GPU I'd probably save up for the GTX 780Ti KPE.

Oh, technology.

Unless this card literally slaughters the titan, I'll probably end up getting the 780 still.

Then, I'll have to sell it in Q1 and get the Maxwell series, oh the joy.

I want one but cant afford one:( *cries*

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Oh, technology.

Unless this card literally slaughters the titan, I'll probably end up getting the 780 still.

Then, I'll hav eto sell it in Q1 and get the Maxwell series, oh the joy.

OC'ed 780Ti beats the Titan by 20%.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

OC'ed 780Ti beats the Titan by 20%.

Where did you get that from?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Where did you get that from?

Somebody put up benchmarks here today I think.

Hmmm I can't locate it. I found something that was a week old in google that showed ~6% faster.

WOW  :o 

That card is a beast.

I wonder how Maxwell will peform :D

RTX2070OC 

yea i dont like how nvidia marketed it as one, because it isnt really. More of just a flashy e-peen card for games. I hate when AMD fanboys compare titan to 290X for the purpose of throwing it into green team faces.

But it is a gaming card. This is a really simply thing.  Nvidia say they built it as a gaming card, ergo it is a gaming card.

When people say it's not a gaming card,  then they are either clutching at straws with a failed argument or have no concept how the English language works.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

But it is a gaming card. This is a really simply thing.  Nvidia say they built it as a gaming card, ergo it is a gaming card.

When people say it's not a gaming card,  then they are either clutching at straws with a failed argument or have no concept how the English language works.

Ok ok, fine maybe it is. But i classify it as irrelevant because its so out of reach for the average consumer, 290X was mainly to compete with 780, the fact that titan was a half compute, half gaming doesnt put it in line with the rest of the GTX series, so basically titan was e-peen as i said, " i have one of the cards that went into the supercomputer" thats about it. 

Ok ok, fine maybe it is. But i classify it as irrelevant because its so out of reach for the average consumer, 290X was mainly to compete with 780, the fact that titan was a half compute, half gaming doesnt put it in line with the rest of the GTX series, so basically titan was e-peen as i said, " i have one of the cards that went into the supercomputer" thats about it. 

What?  It's not irrelevant, It's a card like all the others, just because it's twice the price doesn't make it irrelevant.   People will buy the fastest GPU they can afford, if its a GTX670 fine if its an R280x fine if its a GTX titan then that is also fine.  All good tech reviewers should compare these cards to all other cards, otherwise there is no point in doing a review.  It is not good policy to be selective in what you benchmark a product against, as that smacks of bias.

EDIT: BTW I am not having a go, I am just struggling to understand why people think the Titan should not be talked about.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

What?  It's not irrelevant, It's a card like all the others, just because it's twice the price doesn't make it irrelevant.   People will buy the fastest GPU they can afford, if its a GTX670 fine if its an R280x fine if its a GTX titan then that is also fine.  All good tech reviewers should compare these cards to all other cards, otherwise there is no point in doing a review.  It is not good policy to be selective in what you benchmark a product against, as that smacks of bias.

EDIT: BTW I am not having a go, I am just struggling to understand why people think the Titan should not be talked about.

True alot of people can't afford the 29-290X or the 780/780 Ti/Titan.

I personally don't go over 450€ for a GPU, but I still think the GTX780/780 TI/Titan and R9-290X are important to mention.

Only, because it's expensiv doesn't mean it shouldn't be mentioned.

RTX2070OC 

I am just struggling to understand why people think the Titan should not be talked about.

Because you are comparing it to a card that is not a direct competitor. Just like how a 770 should not be compared to an R7 260, it just makes no damn sense. A Titan is in a niche of it's own that no AMD card is competing in. There is no FirePro/ Radeon combo card.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Because you are comparing it to a card that is not a direct competitor. Just like how a 770 should not be compared to an R7 260, it just makes no damn sense. A Titan is in a niche of it's own that no AMD card is competing in. There is no FirePro/ Radeon combo card.

All cards are competitors, that is the nature of all market share trading.  If you think AMD specifically set out to make a card that wasn't the fastest so they could to gain only certain sales from Nvidia then you are fooling yourself. They want to take all sales from Nvidia not just from the 700 series but from all series.  The concept that you can't compare titan to anything because the titan is good enough to be workstation card or is expensive is flawed, it is a fallacy. It can be compared and should be compared because it is a card in the range just like all the others. Also so those with money to spend, know what they are getting for it and whether or not they want to save cash and go with an AMD card or even one from the 700 lineup. 

The existence/non existence of a firepro/radeon card is moot, it doesn't change the fact that the titan exists, is meant for gaming and people deserve to see comparisons.

All cards are competitors

Nope, someone who has a max budget will look for cards close to that tier and choose the best one. Cards that exist in different tiers do not compete for the same customers' money. Simple as that.