NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti has 2880 CUDA cores

Youbetternot

Only thing I hope if the reference cooler is hotter then the R9 290x reference cooler (which is burning) they make a non-reference cooler that is awesome and soon because I don't want to have a 100 degrees GPU sitting around

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

wait this is better then titan then? (excluding the vram)
and btw ive seen massive sales on 780's now so its more like a $200 difference instead of a $50 difference

For the extra 50 dollars you can get around 500 more cuda cores, 1 thousand mhz more effective clocks, 48 gb more bandwidth then both the gtx 780 and titan 

fixed

For the extra 200 dollars you can get around 500 more cuda cores, 1 thousand mhz more effective clocks, 48 gb more bandwidth then both the gtx 780 and titan .

The price for the 780 is $500 now after the price cuts.

I hope Nvidia will reduce the price of the Titan now... Even by a little.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

fixed

For the extra 200 dollars you can get around 500 more cuda cores, 1 thousand mhz more effective clocks, 48 gb more bandwidth then both the gtx 780 and titan .

The price for the 780 is $500 now after the price cuts.

I will still say that is freaking awesome deal. That extra bandwidth tho

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

feel sorry for those people who rushed into buying Titans (sli or not) :(

Titan has 6GB of memory, 780Ti only 3GB. You can't get excited about more CUDA cores if you have less RAM (for those running memory hungry CUDA ops).

Titan still better than 780Ti for computing, for computing that requires more memory that is.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

3GB of 384bit memory? poo.

This card with 4GB on a 512 bus would have convinced me to upgrade my 7970 xfire.

Also the 290x is still probably more of a viable option for 4k than this with 4GB on a 512bit bus

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

So, this is the GPU that was originally supposed to be the GTX 680, then AMD crapped out the HD 7970 which performed way worse than Nvidia expected, and thus, the GTX 680 we know and love was born in order to directly compete with the 7970. 

So, it's been a while, but we've finally gotten the GPU that Nvidia wanted to give us over a year ago. 

By the way, I feel that AMD Mantle could be AMD's answer to the GTX 780ti. Like Linus, I'll be expecting performance improvements into the double figures in Mantle-enabled games.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

if nvidia allows non reference designs i bet every partner is going to release a 6gb version 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hot damn!

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

We will have to see AMDs response, Knowing AMD they'll release a driver update next week that adds 40-50% to performance like the 7000 series. 

only 40-50%? Make it 300%, or better yet, 400% better performance because, you know, why not? They will also download you more RAM and send you more cooling over the internet connection.

Let's be realistic...

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

3GB of 384bit memory? poo.

This card with 4GB on a 512 bus would have convinced me to upgrade my 7970 xfire.

Also the 290x is still probably more of a viable option for 4k than this with 4GB on a 512bit bus

Bus doesnt matter, banwidth matters and with higher memory clocks the 780ti will be faster.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

only 40-50%? Make it 300%, or better yet, 400% better performance because, you know, why not? They will also download you more RAM and send you more cooling over the internet connection.

Let's be realistic...

Realistic : Pretty obvious that was a joke.

The market is in so much change right now, really really interesting. The leaks from the overclockers forum over the 290 were also very interesting.

*grabs popcorn* Better than any Thriller :D

Really interested in who is going to come out on top of all of this.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

You had no sources and stated something obvious that everyone knew. Everyone knew that the titan wasn't a full fledged gk110 chip and there was still a card to come after it with all the cuda cores enabled. You acted like you had seen benchmarks and numbers but didn't have anything to back it up.

Btw guess what there will be a card that is better than the 780ti. Calling it now, it will happen trust me.

Actually he does, if u listened to what the nvidia guy who announced the 780ti he clearly said it is the most powerful GPU ever built. For some reason everyone just ignored what he said...

Intel i5-3470 | MSI Twin Frozr IV GTX 770 | 64GB Kingston SATA 3 SSD | 1TB WD Black

Actually he does, if u listened to what the nvidia guy who announced the 780ti he clearly said it is the most powerful GPU ever built. For some reason everyone just ignored what he said...

I kind of have to agree with you here, they very clearly said that this was going to be their most powerful GPU ever built. Either way, it wouldn't make sense to put a card between the 780 and the Titan, that gap is just too small.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I still think it should start at $599 and go up with factory overclocked ones.

Nvidia thinks just because they give it about 5fps performance boost they can sky rocket the price.

Now don't yell at me because I pulled those numbers out of my a** but given how Nvidia works I think it will turn out to be very true.

:ph34r:

I kind of have to agree with you here, they very clearly said that this was going to be their most powerful GPU ever built. Either way, it wouldn't make sense to put a card between the 780 and the Titan, that gap is just too small.

I'm confused, 

I was saying that Ihikary didn't have anything to back-up what he said. This was before the Nvidia conference even happened.

Everyone knew that Nvidia was going to have a card out that that was a GK110 with all the cores unlocked at some point before maxwell was released.

Ihikary was coming out and saying that the "titan ultra" was destroying the 290x in benchmarks and how it was going to be a super fast card. So no one had information on the 780ti or 290x at that point but he was just making a topic about it.

I still think it should start at $599 and go up with factory overclocked ones.

Nvidia thinks just because they give it about 5fps performance boost they can sky rocket the price.

Now don't yell at me because I pulled those numbers out of my a** but given how Nvidia works I think it will turn out to be very true.

I wish the price was cheaper, but if they had a price drop on the 780 to be below the 290x the seem to understand that a stock 780 loses to a 290x and an OC version with a better cooler probably beats a OC 780, so the $50 price difference is kind of reflecting those numbers.

Since the 780ti is priced $200 above the 780 and $150 above the 290x they seem to think that the performance difference is going to be a lot larger than 5fps. With a higher stock clock and more cuda cores than even a titan I think we can expect a extremely fast card that might beat even a OC 290x. The leaked 3dmark numbers seem to be putting it ahead of the 290x by a fair share.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Well I want to see benchmarks.

It looks like Titan is dead in the water now, it doesn't matter if it has 6GB of memory or not, for that money you might as well get two 290X GPU's.

For $700, not bad, but I want to see benchmarks and see how much of a difference there is between it and the 780.

Specs are good, but if it's over 50% more expensive than a regular 780 then it'll probably be better to just SLi 2x 780s.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well I want to see benchmarks.

It looks like Titan is dead in the water now, it doesn't matter if it has 6GB of memory or not, for that money you might as well get two 290X GPU's.

For $700, not bad, but I want to see benchmarks and see how much of a difference there is between it and the 780.

It's not dead, that 6gb of VRAM will help it in 4k gaming.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Well looks like I am selling my 780 if eVGA doesn't have a step up for this.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I really hope there is a 6gb available for purchase (for triple monitor gaming)...i want to build my new rig before christmas and i dont want to regret buying the 780ti 3gb version if there is a 6gb version that out a couple weeks later...

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=