NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti has 2880 CUDA cores

Youbetternot

fml never buying a graphics card at launch ever again!!

Never buying a graphics card at launch ever again.... Buy's a 780ti.... 3-4 months later OMG a new aritechure (Maxwell) never buying a gpu ever again. New cards are always released. Just have to buy a card and understand that yes a new, better card will be released.

I really hope there is a 6gb available for purchase (for triple monitor gaming)...i want to build my new rig before christmas and i dont want to regret buying the 780ti 3gb version if there is a 6gb version that out a couple weeks later...

You don't need 6gb for 3x 1080p so it won't make a difference anyways. 1.5GB can do 1080p perfectly fine. 3x1080p does not need 4.5gb because the textures are not getting any bigger only the resolution. 2gb is fine for 1080p/1440p. 3gb is fine for 3x1080p. 4gb for 3x1440p. 

Because of the Bit-bus the 6gb at 512bit (unless you are video editing) the remaining 2gb of those 6 would slow down the gaming because it would be placed in a slower cache and have to access 2 points on the same bus anyways. You do not need 6gb for any games or any displays unless you have 3*4k displays.

But there are no cards made for 3x4k displays with Crysis 3. I'm sure even the 290x would slow down.

And as a side note I seriously think people are confused LOOK HERE. Amazing how a GTX 280 uses a 512-bit bus. Bit-bus != memory speed, bandwidth or anything like that. People need to learn what it means and stop saying that "omg 290x has a 512bit bus it does 4k better than anything else" That is not true.

512bit bus for 1GB vram. I wonder why. Maybe because of architecture. Once again you CAN NOT compare Nvidia #'s vs AMD #'s they do not mean the same thing at all.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Never buying a graphics card at launch ever again.... Buy's a 780ti.... 3-4 months later OMG a new aritechure (Maxwell) never buying a gpu ever again. New cards are always released. Just have to buy a card and understand that yes a new, better card will be released.

lol i know i was just under the impression nvidia wouldnt be releasing another high end gpu on the architecture unless it was a 790 as they havnt ever done this before in the time i have been in computers which i have only been into computers since 400 series so im pretty new.

lol i know i was just under the impression nvidia wouldnt be releasing another high end gpu on the architecture unless it was a 790 as they havnt ever done this before in the time i have been in computers which i have only been into computers since 400 series so im pretty new.

Nvidia when they reveal there chipsets they say how many cores it can have (gk104 1536 cores (gtx680), GK110 2880 (780ti)) So you can know that Nvidia was going to release a higher card before there new architecture maxwell. The titan only had 2688 cores and the 780 had 24xx (something like that) cores. So you can expect a full fledged gk110 chip. Otherwise Nvidia is losing money by not enabling the cores. They might even release a 790 (dual core gpu) in feb (that's my guess) that has 2 780ti chips at a slightly lower clock speed. 

Hard to say how many maxwell will have in terms of cores. Because Fermi (580) to kepler was a HUGE increase in cores because they got rid of the shader clock and made it the same as the core clock. So that made it half the speed, made thermals better but increased cores by about 3 fold.

There is always something new. So buy what you are happy with. If you aren't happy with the increase from the 680 to the 780, well wait on the 880 and it will be a large increase and might be worth the upgrade.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

You don't need 6gb for 3x 1080p so it won't make a difference anyways. 1.5GB can do 1080p perfectly fine. 3x1080p does not need 4.5gb because the textures are not getting any bigger only the resolution. 2gb is fine for 1080p/1440p. 3gb is fine for 3x1080p. 4gb for 3x1440p. 

Because of the Bit-bus the 6gb at 512bit (unless you are video editing) the remaining 2gb of those 6 would slow down the gaming because it would be placed in a slower cache and have to access 2 points on the same bus anyways. You do not need 6gb for any games or any displays unless you have 3*4k displays.

But there are no cards made for 3x4k displays with Crysis 3. I'm sure even the 290x would slow down.

And as a side note I seriously think people are confused LOOK HERE. Amazing how a GTX 280 uses a 512-bit bus. Bit-bus != memory speed, bandwidth or anything like that. People need to learn what it means and stop saying that "omg 290x has a 512bit bus it does 4k better than anything else" That is not true.

512bit bus for 1GB vram. I wonder why. Maybe because of architecture. Once again you CAN NOT compare Nvidia #'s vs AMD #'s they do not mean the same thing at all.

Ideally i'd want a 4GB vram on the 780 but because of how it's designed it can only go up in multiples of 3. 3Gb vram is fine for single monitor and some games at 5760x1080p but some games can use more than 3GB or at least come close to using all available Vram. See here: VRAM Usage at 5760x1080: Read and decide if the GTX 780's 3GB is enough

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Ideally i'd want a 4GB vram on the 780 but because of how it's designed it can only go up in multiples of 3. 3Gb vram is fine for single monitor and some games at 5760x1080p but some games can use more than 3GB or at least come close to using all available Vram. See here: VRAM Usage at 5760x1080: Read and decide if the GTX 780's 3GB is enough

Well this is another thing I want to find out. Find out vram usage from an OSD or anything isn't really helpful. Same settings my old laptop got 1.2gb usage (out of 1.5) on a 5650 amd mobile gpu.

Got a new 680m with 4gb vram and that game used 3.3gb. It seems to use as much as it can not as much as it needs.

Personally I stick with what I said above as a generic thing. 3gb is find for 3x1080p. And I don't know anyone that actually runs 3x1440p or even more 3x4k. So 3gb is enough for everything. Anything greater is nice to have but really isn't needed.

I want one

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

This might even be faster then 690 in SOME titles

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Specs are good, but if it's over 50% more expensive than a regular 780 then it'll probably be better to just SLi 2x 780s.

Show me the %50 difference. I am seeing $500 for the 780 and $700 for the 780ti. That is not 50%.

It's not dead, that 6gb of VRAM will help it in 4k gaming.

6GB makes 0 difference you should know this.

Show me the %50 difference. I am seeing $500 for the 780 and $700 for the 780ti. That is not 50%.

It's only $50 from 50% and at 4k it does

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

If you're running 1080p and browsing, yes 0% difference. If you're running CUDA code and are using the Titan as a second monitor-less GPU, it makes all the difference. Not everyone buys a Titan for gaming.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

That's because the 280 uses DDR3 not GDDR5 therefore your point is invalid as the 512 bus on it is equivalent to a 256 bit bus of GDDR5 , in combination to this memory speeds were also very low. With relatively fast GDDR5 ram the r9 290x has no equal when it comes to 4k as a gaming card simply for this fact, the Titan however is half quadro half GeForce and as such should not even be in the same category as everything else - it's a beast, a Titan if you will. Also to add, with the 512 bit bus there is also a far better increase per Hertz in terms of over clocking.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

If you're running 1080p and browsing, yes 0% difference. If you're running CUDA code and are using the Titan as a second monitor-less GPU, it makes all the difference. Not everyone buys a Titan for gaming.

this. The Titan is not a gaming card!

Good god, more than a Titan? Wow, GG AMD lol.

then why is it made as one, marketed as one, sold as one and used as one?

The titan may have its roots in the Oak ridge super computer, however Nvidia say they developed it for gaming, they market it as a gaming card. You may as well say the Logitech g500 is not a gaming mouse because the original Logitech mouse wasn't.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Exactly.

I do 3D modeling/rendering and my GTX670 is almost as fast as a K5000, but 2Gb vram isn't enough.

I already ran out of ram when I made my profile picture.

I wouldn't buy the 780ti, because of the 3GBvram.

The ram useage will increase drasticly with next gen consoles and im expecting 3-4GB vram usage with games like Mirror's Edge 2.

Ps4/XboxOne can use up to 5-6GB only for Vram and the Devs will use it.

Also I would not upgrade that close before Maxwell.

RTX2070OC 

Dont think i will be getting it after thinking bout it

i dont like spending dat amount of cash on a gpu just to get it beaten in the upcoming months OR a MUCH CHEAPER GPU gets realeased, yeah bad move really

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I wouldn't buy the 780ti, because of the 3GBvram.

The ram useage will increase drasticly with next gen consoles and im expecting 3-4GB vram usage with games like Mirror's Edge 2.

Ps4/XboxOne can use up to 5-6GB only for Vram and the Devs will use it.

Hardware canucks said the exact different thing, that with the new consoles the  VRam usage will go down.

Also 6GB VRam on a PS4? This thing has a totaled shared Ram of 8GB afaik :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

then why is it made as one, marketed as one, sold as one and used as one?

The titan may have its roots in the Oak ridge super computer, however Nvidia say they developed it for gaming, they market it as a gaming card. You may as well say the Logitech g500 is not a gaming mouse because the original Logitech mouse wasn't.

Because as Nvidia has explicitly stated, it's a card meant for both. If you're only doing either gaming or actual work on it but not both, get a different card.

feel sorry for those people who rushed into buying Titans (sli or not) :(

this happens all the time especially with technology

Because as Nvidia has explicitly stated, it's a card meant for both. If you're only doing either gaming or actual work on it but not both, get a different card.

They say it can do both, but they market it as a gaming card, therefore it is silly to say it's not.

http://www.nvidia.com/titan-graphics-card

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I expect the people who hopped on the AMD bandwagon last week will be hopping back over the Nvidia bandwagon.  Figured the 780TI would be a beast and that's what it is!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Just bought a 290x so I don't care since it's got more vram and bandwidth available. Still would want this though. :-/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

amd kinda lost the battle in $6-700 price range..

but we are gonna see if mantle is really gonna be that big of a deal and if its bringing higher fps than this

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Hardware canucks said the exact different thing, that with the new consoles the  VRam usage will go down.

Also 6GB VRam on a PS4? This thing has a totaled shared Ram of 8GB afaik :D

1-2 Gb is for the OS so only 5-6Gb is left for games.

And why should it go down??

The games will get bigger and more detailed not the other way around.

We already see it in the new game releases they are all on the edge to go over 2GB.

And we also should see 32bit die soon.

RTX2070OC