Nexus 5 now for sale!

Kirihuna

I would like to see some battery tests and reviews before I go for this.

Other than that the device looks sweet.

:ph34r:

sigh, time to save up

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I would like to see some battery tests and reviews before I go for this.

Other than that the device looks sweet.

Dude, don't even sweat that.... sigh. :(

HTC One has the same, and it's damn decent.

Considering Nexus 5 is NOT running Sense (even though it's a tiny fraction) and doesn't have the insane brightness the One has, it should be fiiiiine.

I think this is going to be my first smartphone purchase. The only thing I'm waiting on is a G-Sync 2560x1600/1440 IPS panel so I might as well buy a smartphone know.

thats probably the best purchase you are going to make for a looooong while xD

I am so so SO tempted to buy one on contract.....
But I won't for the sake of my bank account plus I already have the One on contract.

They release it part by part instead of everything at once as they restock it after a couple hours if they run out of stock. This is a good thing to do imo by giving people more chances in getting one. Probably going to try it out before buying it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Also here is my genuine thought on the subject:

I want it.

ordered and found out it still not ready for verizon so cancel

Love the look of the phone, but it looks like it only works on ATT's 3G network. No thank you.

So good, so want, so need, but I have a Nexus 4 already and I don't know if I want to spend £340 on another phone when I'm trying to save up for a R9-290.

That and the fact that the N4 is near-perfectly sized for my hands, and the 5-inch form factor might be too big for me to use one-handed.

Also, I love the amazing back on my N4. The back on this is kinda meh.

So good, so want, so need, but I have a Nexus 4 already and I don't know if I want to spend £340 on another phone when I'm trying to save up for a R9-290.

That and the fact that the N4 is near-perfectly sized for my hands, and the 5-inch form factor might be too big for me to use one-handed.

Also, I love the amazing back on my N4. The back on this is kinda meh.

I have a HTC One and still want this thing.

wooohoo, just ordered mine! 32gb black :)

CPU: Intel i7-3770k (@4.4Ghz) Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence SSD:120GB Samsung EVO & 128GB Crucial M4 (Fast Storage) Storage: Hitach 3TB HDD GPU: Powercolor R9 290 PCS+ CPU Block: EK Supremacy Gold Clean CSQ Radiatiors: Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper XT45 120mm, ST30 280mm & XT45 280mm w/ 140mm Phanteks PWM PSU: Corsair HX-650w Gold Soundcard: Asus Xense Case: Corsair Carbide A540 (Black & Gold) Front Panel: NZXT Hue & BitFenix Hydra Pro Speakers: Swan M200MKIII HeadsetSennheiser PC350 (Xense Edition)

Hmmm, gonna hold off to see if the Z1 receives the 4.4 update before jumping the gun

ORDERED!

I got one as well but states it won't ship until Nov 22nd :( i was fast but not fast enough it seems

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

The black one will ship 3-4 weeks here in Australia while the white will ship on the 8th... Guess no one wants the white one?

thats probably the best purchase you are going to make for a looooong while xD

Probably the best choice I will make in my life other then Fallout 4.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I love the clean nexus look and the specs are amazing for the price. This is pretty much what I'll be recommending for several months.

I wish o2 would update their website!

I don't know weather to buy it off contract and get just a sim on contract or just get the whole phone on contract which is probably going to be about £37-£42 a month depending on package...

When my SII's guarantee runs out, and i have built my PC, I am so going to get this!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I got my Note 3 last week after getting bored with all the rumours of the Nexus 5 phone, have seen some goodish deals on the net so far.

Anyway if I was going for the Nexus 5 I would have to get it from google as am on Vodafone and it seems they are not getting it atm.

Cry Havoc!

I wish o2 would update their website!

I don't know weather to buy it off contract and get just a sim on contract or just get the whole phone on contract which is probably going to be about £37-£42 a month depending on package...

Check out Carphone Warehouse, for £32 a month on O2 you can get 1 Gb data and unlimited minutes and text and you could get a free Nexus 7 (old model) for free

Cry Havoc!

Would like 32GB tbh and also I tend to stay away from 3rd party sellers like Carphone Warehouse as they are not to helpful when you have a problem with your phone or need repairs / replacements etc...

Going to pop up to the O2 shop on my lunch break :)

Hmmm, gonna hold off to see if the Z1 receives the 4.4 update before jumping the gun

Z1 is currently Sony's flagship. I don't see why they wouldn't update it to 4.4

My guess is if it hasn't got 4.3 already they might just skip it to 4.4

:ph34r: