Galaxy S7 now the absolute best value/$ smartphone ?

Hi everyone,

I've recently been browsing a swiss price comparator (Luke talked about it in his Logitech video) and saw the Galaxy S7 (G930F) is available for 479 CHF (473 USD). I was planning to buy a OnePlus 3T because it's supposedly a sweet spot between features and price and the only real thing missing is a camera as good as Galaxy S7 / iPhone 7 / Google Pixel. The OnePlus 3T is available in Europe for 439 Euros (460ish USD) but not available for Switzerland, so prices are higher through 3rd party retailers.

In that situation, do you think we can say buying the Galaxy S7 at that price is a no brainer ? Do you see the same situation in your country ? Google Pixel and iPhone 7 are way more expensive and the other cheaper phones don't have the same great camera.

I think that even with the S8 out in a few months, the S7 will remain an excellent phone with an excellent camera and the more the price will go down, the more unbeatable it will become. I don't think that futur phones will be able to justify 700 USD or more price tags with excellent phones like we have now costing nothing. We have more than excellent cameras, excellent screens, good battery life, fingerprint scanners, good storage speed, etc... What do you think ?

Gaming: Windows 10 - Intel i7 9900K - Asus RTX 2080 Strix OC - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER - O11 Dynamic

10 minutes ago, kriegalex said:

Hi everyone,

I've recently been browsing a swiss price comparator (Luke talked about it in his Logitech video) and saw the Galaxy S7 (G930F) is available for 479 CHF (473 USD). I was planning to buy a OnePlus 3T because it's supposedly a sweet spot between features and price and the only real thing missing is a camera as good as Galaxy S7 / iPhone 7 / Google Pixel. The OnePlus 3T is available in Europe for 439 Euros (460ish USD) but not available for Switzerland, so prices are higher through 3rd party retailers.

In that situation, do you think we can say buying the Galaxy S7 at that price is a no brainer ? Do you see the same situation in your country ? 

I think that even with the S8 out in a few months, the S7 will remain an excellent phone with an excellent camera and the more the price will go down, the more unbeatable it will become. I don't think that futur phones will be able to justify 700 USD or more price tags with excellent phones like we have now costing nothing. We have more than excellent cameras, excellent screens, good battery life, fingerprint scanners, good storage speed, etc... What do you think ?

No. Buying anything above $400 is not really a good value. The real sweet spot lies between $300 and $400.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It depends where you live, imo used Samsung S6 is best option but hey everyone has its own opinion. 

By the way,didn't know CHF is below USD and EUR WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

3 hours ago, frozeNNN said:

It depends where you live, imo used Samsung S6 is best option but hey everyone has its own opinion. 

On swiss websites, most "cheap" used phones have scratches or have damages. Otherwise, the price is way too close to a new phone to be considered. Regarding the S6, I don't want it because it had a worse battery :(

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

Axon 7 rn is $300, thats a steal.

I see that the Axon 7 is only 30$ cheaper than the S7. Where did you see it at 300$ ?

Gaming: Windows 10 - Intel i7 9900K - Asus RTX 2080 Strix OC - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER - O11 Dynamic

26 minutes ago, kriegalex said:

On swiss websites, most "cheap" used phones have scratches or have damages. Otherwise, the price is way too close to a new phone to be considered. Regarding the S6, I don't want it because it had a worse battery :(

I see that the Axon 7 is only 30$ cheaper than the S7. Where did you see it at 300$ ?

Bestbuy for US, you should specify your opinion on this phone based on your country because prices vary everywhere