DIY Multi-Monitor Housing

Buy ASUS VG248 on Amazon: http://geni.us/B4ANN3

Thanks to iFixit for sponsoring this video! If you're planning any DIY projects, fixes, or upgrades, be sure to check out their awesome guides & tools at http://ifixit.com/linus and use offer code SANDALS to save $5 off any purchase of $10 or more!

And check out iFixit's community guides at http://bit.ly/2hnolxB

Why do we do the things we do? BECAUSE WE CAN, DAMNIT!

because DIY works so well on this channel lmao

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Ifixit kit is blue :)

Part of a balanced breakfast xD

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

15 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Ifixit kit is blue :)

My dremel's case is blue...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Yeah, I'll continue to use third-party mounts.

I liked it, idk what the YouTube comments are complaining about, DIY projects are pretty cool to just watch, even if thy have little purpose

Why do we do the things we do? BECAUSE WE CAN, DAMNIT!

-Because an obvious cash grab, dammit.

I'm sorry, that thing is hideous. I realize iFixIt threw some quick cash at you to make a DIY vid, but you couldn't come up with something cooler than a piece of furniture with 2 inch bezels that looks like something my grandma donated to goodwill 10 years ago? 

How about a vid putting it into your wall? or a water proof enclosure for your shower?

#DownWithCrapSponsoredContent

its a shame people just randomly dislike ALL his sponsored videos..........

I enjoyed the video, I follow lots of woodworking and diy channels and sites and love most diy projects from the insanely simple to the stupidly complex. That being said I do have some feedback for LMG. Generally the best (IMO) diy videos/articles fall into one of three rough categories.

1. Step by step guides. Like instructables. for these to be good, they should have enough detailed steps that you can build the final result along with the creator. The video was obviously not one of these.

2.  Explorative/vlog like. Many woodwoorking videos are like this where they are making an artistic peice and designing as they go. less structured, but usually the entire process is shown, with boring or repetitive parts sped up. they are enjoyable to watch for the craftsmenship. The video doesnt really fit this description, there was no where near enough footage of the construction, and we didn't get to see the design process at all.

3. Showcase. Glamour shots on glamour shots. I think this would have been the best route to have made this video better without adding as much work as trying to make it into one of the other two. unfortunately in this 6:46 minute video, there is only about 15 seconds of footage of the finished product, and only two very similar angles.

bonus feedback: I think these videos where linus just narrates in front of the table would be a little less awkward if the product/focus of the video was at least on the table with him in the shot. By that I mean the monitor assembly not the ifixit kit.

I don't know or claim to know enough youtube or video production to know if these suggestions would improve the performance of your diy type videos, and again, I DID enjoy this video and thought it was pretty well done, I just thought I would share my thoughts on what could be better. Constructive Critisism.

This looks really nice, but is their any point to it? It seems to take up more desk space. I hope you guys are keeping it.

I mean, it's cool I guess, but doesn't make much sense. "Let's remove these thick bezels and add even thicker bezels." Do something similar to what you guys just did, but remove the bezel, if that's even possible. Make it happen @nicklmg

COMIC SANS

The idea of a custom monitor housing is nice, but I'm not a fan of that thick wooden framing. I want the bezels as thin as possible. (<3 Dell U2415). Maybe this wooden monitor construction can be used in a redneck PC setup. ;)

Except when your proctologist's name is Ben Dover...

Jokes aside, this would be a better mod done to remove the stock bezels in order to bring the screens CLOSER TOGETHER. The other advantage is to help hide cables, especially if you have a 6 monitor set up like some megataskers do.